Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on December 26, 2014
We got 5 years use out of these - and could have gone longer but boys wanted "big boy" seats like their friends - so we finally switched to boosters. These are super for infants all the way to little boys. We bought them for our infant twins when we needed to take a cross country trip - they have excellent support and our babies were very comfortable on a 24-hour trip. Easy to clean, very well made, just can't say enough about them. This particular fabric was great because it matched the tan interior of our truck AND the grey interior of our other vehicle. Spend the extra money and get these. Well worth it.
on September 24, 2010
I love this car seat. We have a Camry (older model) so we were limited in what forward facing car seats we could purchase. After tons of research and reading reviews I purchased this seat for our daughter. The fabric is soft and the seat has extra cushion built in so when we take her on long car trips (we have taken her on approx. 3 trips over 8 hours each)she does not get uncomfortable and complain. I love that she can fall asleep and she does not end up leaning forward in an akward position.

The seat has the one of the best protection ratings out there so that is why I bought it, but above the great ratings I learned that this seat is much more comfortable than others out there and that the seat sits higher so that my daughter can look out the window with easy as we are traveling down the road. I am sure that there is another reason why it sits higher than other forward facing seats...but I am gonna stick with the thought that one of the engineers that designed this sucker had a kid that was pacified by looking out the window as we drive along.

All in all I love this seat. I love it so much that we are expecting our second child soon and just purchased a second one for him. I almost forgot to mention that I too LOVE the adjustable crotch area. We need to adjust it again but it has made for a nice easy transition as she has gotten bigger.
on September 3, 2009
This car seat is fairly nice. It is a little difficult to buckle my 10 month old son in it and I wish the fabric was a little more "plush". I also wish the base of it was black instead of white. It fits in the middle of the back seat of my Isuzu Trooper fine and my son has plenty of room even though he is a long baby. His infant car seat had a canopy and I miss that because he doesn't like the sun in his eyes but I bought this product because of the Britax reputation so hopefully this will be a very safe car seat for my son.
on October 18, 2010
When my daughter outgrew her infant seat (we had one of those huge graco snugride 32 seats, she didn't outgrow it until 16 months!) we started looking for a good forward facing seat. I knew I wanted a Britax and found this one for a terrific price. I love it! I feel great knowing my daughter is safe, secure, and comfortable in her car seat. Some reviewers have stated that the straps are hard to tighten, and I have noticed this problem as well. We keep the straps in a fairly tight position and my daughter wriggles in and out (kind of a hassle, but it works). A very minor inconvenience when you consider all the other features.

One thing that is VERY important to note is the Decathlon was discontinued by Britax in Dec 09!!! I did not know this until after I made the purchase. It is not a big deal for me because my daughter will actually outgrow the seat before it "expires" (usually 6 yrs after manufacturing date). Also, I found this seat on an exceptional sale. Compared to the Gracos and Evenflos in the same price range, there was just no question that the Decathlon was the best product. However, if you are looking for a seat that will last multiple kids you should definitely check out the most up-to-date models (they also have some new safety features that the Decathlon lacks).

Overall, very happy with this purchase!
on October 10, 2010
This seat is awesome! Husband was home when it arrived, and was so jazzed about it that he read up on it, adjusted it and installed it the same day. While he was adjusting our 11 mo. old to fit into it, baby fell asleep in it. That's a testament to it's comfort! Baby's infant seat lacked padding under his rear and he began hating his seat. This was something we never thought to check for when buying his infant seat (or when buying a custom cover), but we certainly visited retail baby stores and felt the padding on every convertible seat available. We took a chance buying this seat sight unseen, but like other reviews I read said, it is very well padded throughout the seat and back.

I have noticed that the straps can twist easily, but the velcro helps. It is a solid seat and I am glad we paid the extra money for it! Husband likes that baby likes it, and that it has so many adjusting slots for him to grow into.

For what it's worth, the DOM for this seat was just under a year ago. I was curious what it would be.

We bought a Marathon at the same time (one for each vehicle) and haven't even used it yet. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and would make this purchase all over again! It's well worth the money, and I truly believe I won't have to buy another seat until I buy his booster!
on April 16, 2008
Almost everything is perfect: fine quality velour fabric , very adorable floral print, super soft and comfortable cushion and infant-positioning-pillows system. We have a Honda Accord and the chair fits comfortably in the back seat (we have a 3 months old girl). Ofcourse my husband and I are not very tall and we don't need to move our front seats further back so it still has enough room for the chair in the reclined rear-facing position (I can see that it would be a hassel for tall people who sit in front with any rear-facing chair right behind their backs). I find the 3-point-harness-positioning buckle EXTREMELY helpful which the Marathon and the Boulevard designs don't have (the Marathon also doesn't have any infant-positioning-support pillows and with the Boulevard, the body-support pillow is too big for infants and the head-support-wings block the side-views of todlers). Our daughter is only 13 lbs but I have to move the harness buckle to the middle position already for her to be comfortable. The chair is also easy to install and stays sturdy. I really love it except 2 things which I'm not so fond of: 1/ the comfort pads are too short to keep the baby's chin and neck from touching the edge of the harness straps. I had to buy a different pair of pads to use instead. 2/ It's a little bit difficult to tighten or loosen the harness straps. I have to push the button really hard to make it work. Maybe I just have to get used to it. Overall, it's still a very good chair and the reward is that our baby doesn't cry any more any time we take her out for a ride now. It's worth the money.
on December 1, 2008
We did a ot of research on car seats. After all, they are expensive and you'll own this one for a long time compared to the infant seat. We had narrowed it down to the Marathon or Decatholon but decided to go with this one because one review said it was better with babies with chunky legs and allowed for adjusting of the crotch strap. Since I have a baby boy who weighs 23 pounds at 8 months I valued both options. He fits very comfortably in the car seat and I have not adjusted anything yet. I did read that the buckles get a little hard to release, and they definetly do not snap on and off easily, but I can live with it. I certainly wouldn't want anything that he could undo! I highly recommend this seat.

I ordered the sand color and it is beautiful and very plush. When you look at car seats, push on he seat itself; many brands look very plush on the sides but your baby ends up sitting on what feels like plastic covered fabric. The decatholon has a plush seat, making long road trips manageable, and with rear and forward facing options up to 65 pounds, we'll be logging quite a few miles with him in this seat!
on March 25, 2008
After months of research and indecision, my husband and finally decided to go with this seat and it's great! Amazon got it to us (we are stationed overseas in the military)within a week. It was in fantastic shape and the colors were just as pictured. My son fits in it perfectly and he is a big boy, at 8mths he weighs 22lbs and is 31.5 inches long
Because of his size however we couldn't use any of the padding and that was one downside, the only other is that it doesn't have a cup holder like many of the others too.

We have the Britax Parkway Booster in Tiffany for my 5 yr old daughter (Amazon purchase!) and I love the fold away cup holders in that.One other major thing I was worried about was it fitting in our truck, we have an 05 F150 and it fits in the middle perfectly - rear facing of course.

Oh and the only other thing I could think of that no one else really mentioned was that although this seat has the adjustable crotch strap, we had to put it out at the furtherest space, and this is the same spot that it is located on all the other seats that don't have adjustable ones. If I had of known this I probably would have gone with the Marathon because I LOVE the All Star Blue print! I may have to purchase it later when we move back to the States!

Overall a great seat and considering what it's carrying well worth the price! Oh and if you hold out you can get free shipping and sometimes up to 22% off like we did!
on September 13, 2010
Have three kids and all three are in this seat. It goes up to 65 pounds which allows the kids to be in a multipoint harness for longer vice just a strap across their chest in a booster. They are comfortable and easy to install (especially with the Latch connections). Cover is easy to remove and wash. Harnesses are easy to connect and remove. The extra cushions can make it a little tough to tension the harness once the child is in the seat but it's always from the head cushion dropping down so a simple pull upward on the cushion behind their head allows the straps to move more freely.

We have three of these seats in our Honda Odyssey and we often move them around and take out depending on our plans.

Highly recommend an optional seat protector for your actual car's seat from dropped crumbs etc.
on May 6, 2008
So I'll say right off the bat that we really like this seat. We first bought the Boulevard and loved everything about it except for the non-adjustable crotch strap. So we returned it for this model (decathalon). I'm not sure why they can't make one seat with all of their features on it (especially for what they charge for them) But even with all of that we're happy with the seat and will tell everyone about them and possibly get another one in the future. The only real complaint I have is that when we ordered the Marathon is was about $220 and then the very same day that the Recaro seats (Britax's only real competition) were subjected to a re-call on some clips for them, the prices on all the Britax seats went up. So we ended up having to pay more to return our "top of the line" model for a lower level product. That was kind of oppourtunistic of them but whatever.

Cheers,