Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on September 13, 2009
I have always trusted and loved my other Britax car seats, particularly the marathon and roundabout. But I'm disappointed in the frontier. I needed to replace my roundabout as my 4 yr old outgrew it (note: do not buy a roundabout - it won't get you through the car seat stage). I loved the idea of the frontier which has a 5 point harness and is convertible into a backless booster seat (although I hear it is heavy). But it has several terrible features:
1) the buckles do not have a stop notch like the other Britax carseats. So the buckles always fall to the bottom, even if I wrap it around the arm rest. Nine times out of ten my daughter knocks it back into the seat as she's getting in. So I have dig under her bottom to find it.

2) the belt slat on he buckle is too big - the buckle often gets twisted around the belt, taking a lot longer to get the right fit.

3) it's not comfortable - my daughter complains that it is not comfortable. She'll go in it, but prefers her marathon. Thank God this is in the secondary car.

Bottom line - it takes way too long to get the right fit. I'm anal about carseat safety, so this model is particularly annoying to me.