Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on December 14, 2012
I liked the idea of replaceable batteries as previous waterpik rechargeables had all worked great until they no longer would hold a charge. But this device is very underpowered. Even at the highest setting the jets were so gentle that I doubt much cleaning was going on. I used it for a few weeks and tried different batteries, but nothing helped. I was forced to buy yet another waterpik rechargeable and hope the batteries will last longer in this one. The BriteLeaf product didn't do the cleaning job I wanted, so I'm back to waterpik again.
on June 24, 2013
I have updated this review
Plus side,
1) it takes up very little space on a counter-top, or drawer, or suitcase, unlike the full size AC versions.
2) i had reported that the flow wasn't as strong as with the plug-in water pics,but i might have had weak rechargeables in the first time. the strength of water flow is fine now, and the batteries are lasting long enough.
Minus side,
1) for me, the reservoir needs filling twice per use, which is ok, the sink's right there...
2) rechargeable batteries that have a full charge will do ok, maybe 6-8 uses? it doesn't take long to slip fresh ones in, but the old fashioned single-use batteries would not be practical. even if they lasted longer than a rechargeable, they'd still be too expensive and safe disposal of all those batteries would be a problem. mercury or whatever....ick. There are small travel chargers for AA and AAA's.
in summary, this is good for travelling and pretty good for home, as long as you have access to rechargeable batteries and a charger.
on February 8, 2014
Having closely packed teeth and a small-ish mouth (don't tell my friends that, they'll laugh and deny it's true), makes it difficult and tedious to floss. This device is wonderful! I love that the water is sealed unlike traditional waterpiks, whereby the tub is open to anything happening to be floating by ie. spores, bacteria, water bears, mold, dead skin cells, hair, etc. Yuck!

I can't speak on the longevity because I have not had it very long, but this device has gotten so much more debris from between my teeth than waterpik could have ever dreamed of. I am very well pleased with this purchase and am planning on buying some more for family and friends.

UPDATE!!: Downgrade to 1 star only because I can't give it zero or minus stars. This device stopped working yesterday, ONE DAY AFTER THE RETURN WINDOW EXPIRED! I no longer will purchase this for family and friends and have alerted them all to the very short run time of this now extremely expensive failed device!
on November 4, 2013
This will be my second battery operated jet flosser. My first was a Panasonic product that is still offered at Amazon but has increased in price. So I reviewed this flosser by BriteLeaf and decided to try it. I am happy with everything but the drain on the batteries. I could get 3 to 3 1/2 weeks out the two AA batteries with the Panasonic, but it seem the time length is 2 weeks with the BriteLeaf Portable. I like this type of product because it is great when traveling and not as hard on my gums.

What I do like about the BriteLeaf over the Panasonic is it is easier to clean and change the batteries as well it handles a lot better. I had my Panasonic about two years and it stopped working will have to see on this manufacturer for I have only had it about month.

It has been several months since I bought this item I have thrown it away. DO NOT waste your money like I did. Ended up buying another Panasonic when it when on sale.
on October 28, 2013
It definitely works, but I find that flossing does a much superior job of cleaning between my teeth. Even when I use the high-pressure tip, it still is inferior to flossing. I'm disappointed by the low amount of pressure it produces. I'm probably going to only use it for cleaning out compacted earwax (I occasionally have problems with that) by putting a 50/50 mix of water & hydrogen peroxide into it & using the low-pressure tip to pump that into my ears, because I simply cannot see this being useful as an alternative to flossing unless a) you literally don't have access to floss, or b) you literally can't floss due to braces or the like. If you are in either of those two categories then go for it, but otherwise keep in mind that flossing, however annoying, does a better job of cleaning in between the teeth.
on April 16, 2013
I bought this irrigator 4 months ago and it's already stopped working. The pressure wasn't super strong, but I used this in conjunction with flossing, my purpose was more for a deeper clean which it seemed to do. If using as a solely flosser, this won't do the job. I tried changing the batteries, to no avail. Now, I have to spend more of my hard earned money to replace an item that should have lasted at least a year or two. I received a replacement from the company, which lasted even less time. This product is a waste of time and money. I do not recommend this, better to save up for a Waterpik.
on December 28, 2012
I started using this product a month ago. The batteries lasted about ten days. No problem, I replaced them. Then the switch started working intermittently. First no low speed, then no high speed but low speed. Then no speed any where. I liked using it in the shower but if it doesn't run what good is it. I threw it into the garbage can and guess what? It started running. I left it in the garbage.

Update 2/11/2013
I was contacted by the vendor and they said they would replace the unit. It arrived shortly thereafter. So far so good. I still use it in the shower but I keep my back to the water. Afterwards I dry it out and store the unit with the water tank disconnected from the unit under the bathroom sink next to my towels. The unit performs well and I am currently satisfied.
on November 14, 2013
It works very well. I'm tired of a top name brand water flosser loosing its recharge capability within 1 year after paying $59.00 or more. This one runs on AA batteries. The power could be a little better. Otherwise I am very happy with this unit and the price The delivery was on time.
on July 25, 2013
We bought the battery powered irrigator because we will be going to countries outside the US and didn't want to bother with transformers. We have been using the product at home in the US to be sure it will do the job before we go on vacation. So far it has done the job but doesn't seem to have as much "oomph" as our electric unit. I guess that is to be expected and see no real problem using the device for five weeks. We'll bring plenty of batteries to ensure we get the most power out of the unit all the time.

BriteLeafs Professional Portable Cordless Oral Irrigator Water Jet Flosser - Battery Operated, New Updated Version With High Pressure Tip Included
on February 22, 2013
THis water jet works perfectly for me. The reservoir holds just enough water to finish a cleaning. The power is not real strrong but it gets the job done, and quite efficiently, I'll add! I use this after brushing my teeth and I am then assured that all nooks and crannies have been reached by the jet. I am very saisfied, and this is perfect for traveling!