Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ONA Brixton Camera/Laptop Messenger Bag Leather, Dark Truffle
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Color: Dark Truffle|Change

on April 23, 2014
I recently purchased an Ona Bowery bag (in the cognac color) for my new Sony RX1R/B, Sony HVL-43M Flash and Sony electronic viewfinder. Since the Bowery was so impressive and since I previously had been shopping for an ideal sized "street" bag to carry my Canon 5D3 with battery grip, 50mm, 24-105mm L, 70-200mm L F2.8 IS and 580EX flash. I decided to try the Ona Brixton for this equipment. The Brixton is just the ticket. Not only does it carry everything I need but it does so with a remarkable style. It feels and looks well worn - but isn't, also it is luxurious and unusually familiar right out of the box. It feels like it has been around for years.

The Brixton is gorgeous; the color, the patina, the capacity, the "feel" and aroma of the leather are all great, it just works. And the dark truffle color is beautiful. Looking at the pictures online I thought I preferred the cognac color but the dark truffle turns out to be seductively stunning in the hand. Photos do not do this bag justice. Some of the blogs I've seen on the Internet mention the "high price" as being a problem. Sure it's expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. I absolutely got what I paid for and I believe it will easily last for decades with proper yet minimal care. I would rather pay a little more now for a bag that will last and yield a great deal of pleasure.

One more extremely important aspect of any purchase is the quality of the manufacturer's customer service. I contacted Ona Customer Support this morning for some help with parts and they responded promptly and it turns out that they are extremely customer oriented and friendly.

My Brixton was sold by a marketplace seller here on Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. As usual the shipping was on time and the bag arrived in perfect order.
on March 9, 2015
There's a story here. I read in one review that this bag was returned and exchanged because of poor stitching on the original. So I ordered two, just in case one was wrong somewhere; I'd keep the good one, return the bad. Well, both had poor stitching in the same place! It was the right hand flap leather edging where it turns under to form the weather flap on the right, leaving the white under-padding showing. (See photo below). I returned both bags and at the vendor's request, sent them the photo.

But this is the most beautiful camera bag I've ever had, including 4 Lowepro's ("each for a different purpose", he said embarrassedly.) I wanted the Ona, so I figured the first two came from a bad batch and ordered it from another vendor. The third bag was the charm, I love it! It's only a few ounces heavier than my Lowepro Stealth Reporter Cordura bag. I can carry a Canon 5D3 with 24-105L lens and its hood in ready position (beat that!), a 16-35 zoom, a 600 Speedlite and a small prime. I can but won't because of the weight on the shoulder although the strap is well-padded. Plenty of pockets for accessories that will stretch more open with time.

One thing...there is only a one year warranty on it. Every maker, including 'I don't get no respect' Domke has at least a two year warranty and the better makers are 25 years-lifetime. It bothered me that Ona thought something would go wrong in a year, so I called them and found out that they considered this a "fashion" bag like a Fendi or Bottega Veneta, and that those bags had only a year coverage. I suggested they were competing not with Fendi but with Billingham and that photogs were the customers. They also said they would repair any bag free no matter how long someone had it(so why not a longer warranty?)

I love the bag, I just hope my getting another bag after two were faulty is not "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." The bag is a 5 star if you find a good one, I gave it 3 stars for the hassle and expense of returning and re-ordering and the warranty.

This bag is not for the bush or trail, it's for city use and it doesn't shout "Camera bag, slash the strap and steal me!" Also, the leather strap is so thick that it will not slash to allow grab.
review image
on December 8, 2014
Fantastic bag, the quality of the leather is really quite amazing. My only complaint is that the side pockets are so tight that they're not very useful. I think if I put a concerted effort into stretching them then that may change but for the price of this bag that should have been done already.

Update: I tried stretching the side pockets out by jamming a speedlight in each and letting it sit for a week. Worked like a charm and now I don't have a single thing that I can complain about; well, aside from the price since my wife wants one of her own now.
on March 30, 2015
Slightly smaller than I thought but that is no reason to downgrade, I haven't put it "through the ringer yet" but I have taken out in the field. It's classy enough to fit with business clients and functional enough to carry with me when shooting cityscapes. It's discreet enough, especially being "Dark Truffle" to be carried anywhere with no one the wiser there's camera gear inside.
on June 26, 2014
Although I struggled with the price tag on this bag, I did bite the bullet when I saw one on person that belonged to a colleague. Beautiful, top quality and a functional medium sized bag. There are limitations to the quantity of equipment that you can carry in it - which is a good thing in my opinion.. I have a larger bag to carry everything I need for a professional shoot, but I wanted something much more convenient to carry for a stroll through town with just the necessities - this bag is it. I have everything I need - and nothing more.
on January 11, 2014
I use to carry two DSLR's, lens and all the crap that goes with it. I recently bought a mirror less camera. Don't need as much room now. This is the perfect size. Also, when I'm not using it as a camera bag, it makes the perfect messenger bag since one can take all the dividers out of it. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!
on April 22, 2015
Awesome camera bag. I primarily use it for travel as a carry-on for two Leica bodies (Monochrome & M-P Type 240) and 3-4 lenses, plus accessories. Extremely well made. Very cool and discreet, not screaming "CAMERA INSIDE". Well worth the price.
Also purchased the Bowery Bag for the street and out & about. Equally pleased.
on April 20, 2015
I'm in LOVE with this bag. Been using it for a couple weeks now, and it fits everything perfectly. Not too big, not too small. I can fit a lightweight jacket, umbrella, camera gear, 13" MBA, personal items, film, a notebook, and there's still room for more. It's expensive, sure, but it'll also last for YEARS. Something I can't say about my other bags.
on September 12, 2014
I love the bag. When it arrived the leather seemed a bit matte and dry-ish so I treated it with Leather Honey and it looks fantastic. The shoulder strap is very comfortable and the bag gets stares and compliments.
on April 23, 2014
I really love this bag- I don't have to look like a cordura black maniac when walking into a class client's office now. Men do want style too- thanks ONA.