|Item Weight||36.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||21.5 x 30 x 5.1 inches|
|Item model number||E66130SS|
|Installation Type||Under Cabinet|
|Airflow Displacement||600 CFM|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel,Steel|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Free 10yr Warranty on Major Components|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Broan E66130SS Elite Ultra Quiet Range Hood, 30-Inch, Stainless Steel
Want this professionally installed?
- Preparing 1 new customer-supplied range hood for installation
- Disconnecting old range hood
- Mounting range hood and connecting electrical cables
- Connecting ducting to existing outdoor wall cap
- Testing fan and lights
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 600 CFM 120 Volts 2.4-Amps
- Brilliant dual 50-watt halogen lighting-bulbs not included
- Three-speed plus boost with last setting memory and 5-minute delay off feature
- Less than 0.3-Sones at normal speeds and heat sentry detects excessive heat and adjusts blower speed to high automatically
- Enclosed stainless steel bottom with dishwasher-safe stainless steel filter with easy release latches
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
The clean, seamless design of this thinner than average range hood fits snugly under cabinets and provides quiet and effective ventilation performance. Subtle, multi-speed controls connect to centrifugal blowers while halogen lighting brilliantly accents the easy to clean stainless steel bottom containing dishwasher safe filters. The E661 high performance range hood beautifully combines high style and modern convenience to satisfy even the most discerning homeowner. Boost mode operates at up to 600 CFM; Normal setting operates at a quiet 0.4 Sones. Large recessed filter area increases capture and fully enclosed filter bottom ensures fast and easy clean-up. 3-speed control with boost memorizes last setting and 5-minute delay shut off feature make operation simple and convenient. Dual 50-watt halogen lights have last setting memory and transitional theater lighting which intensifies gradually (light bulbs included). Heat Sentry detects excess heat and adjusts blower to high automatically to prolong product life. Dishwasher safe aluminum filters.
From the Manufacturer
Broan Elite E661 Series delivers Ultra Quiet Performance. The clean, smooth design of this range hood fits snugly under cabinets and provides quiet and effective ventilation. Be sure your blower matches the BTU output of your range. Since 1932, Broan-NuTone LLC has led the industry with forward-thinking residential ventilation products, unsurpassed built-in convenience products and superior customer service. While global expertise plays a critical role in Broan-NuTone's ability to being able to meet and exceed the needs and desires of homeowners and designers alike, Broan-NuTone is very proud of the fact that over 80-percent of their products sold in the United States are designed, engineered and manufactured in the United States with U.S. and imported parts. Broan-NuTone is committed to developing revolutionary products that improve the indoor environment as well as implementing procedures to preserve the outdoor environment. Broan-NuTone offers a wide selection of products that help meet the requirements of all three major green building programs: ENERGY STAR, U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Homes, and the National Association of Home Builder's (NAHB) Model Green Home Building Guidelines. Broan-NuTone's inspiring heritage provides the foundation for its three award-winning, global brands-Broan, NuTone and BEST. BEST range hoods are the "Ultimate in Kitchen Ventilation" featuring state-of-the-art performance and Italian design.
Top Customer Reviews
Thankfully we bought it at Amazon and were able to replace it.
The 2nd one was better but now after being installed and used for only a month the light/fan controls have come away from the front and fell into the housing so we cannot use it at all. The hood must be uninstalled, be taken apart and the controls somehow reattached to the front.
A call to Broan entailed them wanting to send a technician out for $100/hr plus travel time.
The lights and noise level were great and it's slim design attracted us to the product and the price and name were the final checks. Too bad it was so poorly made in China and Broan will not stand behind this product which clearly is defective. It was an expensive lesson to learn.
The hood itself is great for the most part, but there are a few things about it I didn't like so much that I docked it a star:
- The buttons don't always respond to a quick press even when it "clicks", which is infuriating when you're frantically turning the fan up in the kitchen after you've forgotten to turn it on and set off the smoke alarm.
- The relays are kind of noisy (this is, obviously, a bit of a nitpick).
- The recessed bulbs (MR16 GU10 halogen or LED) are a little hard to remove, especially once they're greasy.
It's otherwise a really great unit that we love, and it does its job admirably. A few things to be aware of before buying it:
- Like any high-capacity vent hood, you probably need a make-up air unit to compensate for the air being sucked out of your house so it doesn't get sucked in through your furnace vent instead. In my case, our old house is leaky enough that it wouldn't have made a difference, but once we get the leaks plugged (since that has direct implications on our utility bills), we'll need to install one. It can be a bit of a task.
- If you're tempted to replace the halogen bulbs with LEDs to reduce the energy use or increase their lifespan, make sure you pick ones that dim nicely. The ones that we tried (from Triangle) didn't have much of a difference between dim and bright, and had noticeable 60 Hz "ghosting" when on the dimmer settings; it was bad enough that we're back to the halogens for now. We'll try some others.
- When you install it, if the fan seems to be scraping against the metal, make sure it's all the way on its post; ours shifted in shipping and I thought there was something defective or damaged about the unit, but it turned out that I just needed to shove it back on so it was on center. It should spin freely and quietly when it's correct.
- This unit generally requires a hard-wired branch circuit, so make sure you can provide that. You could theoretically wire-nut a power cord to it, but that's for chumps.
All in all, I really love this unit with the exception of some minor annoyances that I'm willing to get past. If you have a high output stove, you should absolutely consider this one.
Lights worked fine for a week and then one stayed on all the time.and the other was off all the time. Called Broan and they referred me to area repair shop. Broan said it would be warranty work. Shop asked me to turn off circuit breaker for 10 sec to try to reset the circuit(?) board. I did but it did not do anything. He said he would order board and come and replace it. Scheduled next week.
I got exhaust duct (thru roof) hooked up and tested with decibel meter. 50 db on low speed and 75 db on highest speed. Loud but not unbearable. I plan to experiment and add some"framing" around the ductwork in the cabinet that the duct goes thru to see if it helps on the noise.
Regarding the lights changout, buy the orange or yellow neoprene coated gloves at HD or Lowes ($1 a pair in 5 or 10 pack). Best investment you will ever make. Light change out, and lots of other work made easier by wearing these thin gloves. I wear them all the time when I do lots of projects.
Have not tested it under fire yet with 20,000 btu gas stove burner. I'll give later update.
The fan speeds are nice. I've yet to have the 4th speed kick in automatically when heat builds up, but speeds 1,2,3 are quiet and draw a good amount of air. The delay feature is nice, which turns the fan off after 5 minutes.
The lighting is good, 3 settings are appropriate. Just wish the timer turned off the fan and light also.
Looks great over our Viking cooktop.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had to change the bulbs after a year. OMG
Then I went on here to read anything anyone had to suggest.Read more
I too sliced my finger tip on the glass and gave up. However, I found a solution in my bathroom.Read more