Consider this available item
Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- All the capabilities of the original Folding Proofer plus a Slow Cook feature.
- Radiant heating warms food to the temperature setting. Proofer mode 70-120F (21-49C) with optional humidity. Slow Cook mode 85-195F (30-90C). (NOTE: inside air temperature may be different than the set temperature)
- Ideal for rising yeast breads and making yogurt. One-pot slow cooking with any Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Perfectly culture yogurt and ferment a wide variety of probiotic superfoods including soft cheeses, cultured butter, kombucha, tempeh, and kefir. Safely melt and temper chocolate.
- Folds flat for storage. Touch a button to switch between Slow Cook and Proofer modes. Interior dimensions (open): 14.75 x 12.5 x 8” high. 8.5" high without rack for Slow Cooking. 120V for North America Only.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
- Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker that breaks boundaries of traditional kitchen appliances with endless versatility.
- Prepare delicious one-pot meals using your favorite Dutch oven or pot.
- Bread bakers will love accurate, humid low temperature control in Proofer mode.
- User-friendly design that folds flat for storage.
BREADMAKER'S DREAM MACHINE
Enjoy accurate temperature control and consistent humidity. The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer creates an environment of consistent low-temperature warmth that is vital for many kitchen processes.
Ideal for sourdough and yeast breads. Whether you’re a novice bread maker or an experienced enthusiast, this is the tool that helps ensure a flavorful, open-textured bread that is ready when you want it to be.
ONE POT SLOW COOKING
The Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker used in the Slow Cook Mode is best for traditional slow cooking, sous vide cooking, and even making black garlic.
Simply place your metal covered metal pot directly on the heating plate. For slow cooking in the Proofer both the rack and the water tray are removed. Set the temperature on the digital panel according to what temperature you desire.
It's the ultimate solution for fermenting and culturing. Explore a new world of fermented foods from yogurt to kombucha to tempeh.
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer used in Dry Mode is best for making yogurt, chocolate, butter, tempeh, kifir, kombucha, sour cream, crème fraiche, cheese, and natto. Simply remove the water tray and place containers on the rack above the heating plate
- Perfect for rising and fermenting yeast bread dough or sourdough with humid, low temperature control.
- Proofer mode 70-120F (21-49C) with optional humidity.
- Optional water tray creates the perfect humidity for bread making.
- Get professional results baking gluten free, whole grain or traditional bread.
DYNAMIC SWITCH TO SLOW COOKING
- Place your favorite Dutch oven or pot within and set to slow cook with one touch boutton dynamic switch to Slow Cooker mode.
- Degree-by-degree temperature for control and optional humidity.
- Set to Slow Cook mode at 85-195F (30-90C).
- Most slow cookers do not allow temperature control.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am so glad I did. I've used it at least once a week since getting it. I was surprised to see this serves as a slow cooker too (yeah, I know, it says so right on the title). And a yogurt maker. Had I known all that years ago, I could have saved some money on purchasing separate slow cookers and a yogurt maker simply by buying this.
Setting it up is a breeze. It's just so simple. I leave mine out, folded down with the lid closed when not in use on a small desk area that I have in my kitchen but storing it in a cabinet shouldn't be a problem as long as you have one that is deep enough. It's fairly large. I think like most large appliances, it's best if you can leave it out somewhere if you have a large enough kitchen or countertop space for it. Probably most people don't.
It's kind of pricey but I think it is worth the price as long as it remains working for many years. It such a simple design, I have no reason to think it might break although it does have an electronic panel on which you turn it off/on and set the temperature. I registered mine with Brod & Taylor and they extended the one-year warranty to three years for doing that. Their online site also contains good information about this and other products they sell and recipes as well, so if you buy it be sure to register it.
I'm glad I finally purchased this and do recommend it, especially to bakers.
I use yogurt starter from the Bacillus Bulgaricus site, since the yogurt sold in US is just fake and doesn't produce good yogurt. Unlike many, I do not heat the milk at all, I simply mix it cold with the starter and culture it for about 24 hours in the slow cooker.
- can make large volume at a time - I make 1 gallon of yogurt but it can make probably 3 times that
- you can set the target temperature at the center of the plate
- the heater is concentrated in the center of the plate so the temperature inside the yogurt differs by 5F between the center and the periphery
I can easily fit two 13x4x4 pullman loaf pans in it. The shelf kit accessory is very handy for doubling the oven's capacity for rolls, etc, but bread loaves can't double up vertically even with the shelf kit.
I'd like to see a larger water pan (I'm able to use one from my toaster oven), but otherwise it's perfect.
I haven't tried using this as a slow cooker, and probably won't. My pots are too big and the simmer burner on my stove works just fine.
Top international reviews
The fact it stores folded is a great storage advantage.
One odd thing: controls are on the side so is the power cord just beside them.
I do wish that the second level expansion (the special rack that creates a second level inside) came with the proofer and fit inside the proofer when it is folded up.
Since I have the Proffer I will use it for other projects.
The only negative thing for me is that the display in F. only