Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 26, 2014
I have to say that I have loved this sitcom from the beginning, however season 3 will be the last season I purchase. It started losing a bit of steam, but still quite funny, endearing and one still is pulling for the girls to succeed.

After watching season 4 unfold on television, it's clear that the writers have run out of ideas or have lost their minds. The show is now just one dirty punchline after another, with no clear direction or story. It's as if their goal is to see how far they can push to shock and repulse. I can't respect that kind of so-called "creativity". Broke went Bust!
on April 6, 2015
A really terrific return to form for this always-wonderful series (I say this because Season 2 seemed to be VERY unwisely and even lazily, at times, genuflecting and/or apologizing via some of its very safe comedic exchanges to various minority groups who openly chastised both the series and its network (CBS), shortly after season 1 premiered, for what those groups considered very UN-Politically Correct humor ... the very sort of un-PC humor, however, that I think makes this show a real stand-out among sitcoms). The chemistry between Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings reminded me from the show's very first episode, on, of the similarly-superb chemistry Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams on "Laverne & Shirley" (an iconic 1970s-era sitcom that "2 Broke Girls" tips its hat to quite often -- and quite wonderfully), but season 3 had the good sense to return to much of the very same edginess and even nastiness that made season 1 was unceasingly memorable and terrific.

Really hope it's a trend this beloved, popular series is currently following in season 4 (none of whose episodes I've watched yet, by the way)
on June 11, 2016
This is one of my favorite shows! I tried watching it when it first came out but I could never remember to watch it and kept forgetting to record it. I finally forgot about it. I came across the show again in reruns and fell in love with it again. I tried recording the reruns but wasn't able to watch the show in order so I purchased the seasons up until current to watch on my Amazon Fire Stick.

This show isn't for everyone. The humor can be pretty dark at times. The humor can also be offensive to overly sensitive people. Yes, they make some jokes based on race, sexual orientation, religion, and anything else that can be made fun but it's not over the top and they make fun of everyone, not just specific groups.

The story line is about 2 young girls living day to day. Both girls are from two different walks of life. They each were raised in different environment and come together by fate... or well TV entertainment fate. Carolyn was raised by her father who was rich but it turns out he was stealing from people through a Ponzi scheme. He was arrested and Carolyn lost everything and everyone. Carolyn is very optimistic and upbeat. Max was raised by her mom and never knew her dad. Her mom was a bad mother. Max is used to disappointment and being in debt. Carolyn put in an application at a diner that Max worked at and their friendship started from there.

Carolyn discovers that Max bakes amazing cupcakes. Carolyn, being her optimistic self, comes up with a business plan for them. Carolyn went to Wharten and studied business. She estimates how much money they need to start their business and their attempts to reach that goal start.

Each episode they're trying to make money while facing emergencies that come up. They work in the diner and have a wonderful relationship with their coworkers, Han, Earl, and Oleg, as well as the Polish lady who lives above them, Sophie. Carolyn managed to keep her horse, Chestnut. They manage to keep him in the backyard of their apartment building which is entirely unrealistic but it still is a fun store line.

The story line is a bit far fetched but if it were realistic it would be really boring and depressing. The jokes are hilarious and Kat Dennings really fits her role. She executes her jokes perfectly and makes them even funnier. Beth Behrs isn't as a great as Kat Dennings with her jokes but it works well with her character's personality.

I'm really enjoying seeing the girls grow. I like that they face hardships often like the rest of us do who can't afford to buy our way out of things. While they do manage to make it through most of their hardships there are times when that doesn't happen and they're back at square 1.
on October 29, 2015
I have 4 seasons on DVD of this show and no matter how stressed out or down I get, this show never fails to make me laugh. Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs are a perfect comedy duo. They play off each other(even off the show in interviews, they just have natural chemistry) . I honestly don't have a favorite broke girl. The rest of the cast are also irreplaceable. Max, Caroline, Earl, Oleg, Sophie and Han are as funny as they are charming, Every episode they get one good laugh out of you before the opening credits even start. I can't believe they're on their fifth year. Going stronger than ever.
on April 5, 2014
One of my go-to shows. Be ready for a lot of sarcasm and raunchy comedy. Funny show for those who like stupid laughable puns and dumb jokes.
on March 13, 2015
I love this show! There are very few shows on TV today that I can even tolerate. I sort of see these two as a Lucy and Ethel of today and find the show funny, well written, and well casted. I have a class on Monday nights, so the only way I can watch it is by buying the DVD after the season is over.
on February 20, 2018
Wife and I love this show, so sad it ended
on September 6, 2017
sexy funny girls in everyday situations what's not to love.
on January 3, 2018
love this show! Wish it had not been cancelled!
on June 16, 2017