- File Size: 4950 KB
- Print Length: 493 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0997753323
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Jex Lane; 1 edition (March 1, 2017)
- Publication Date: March 1, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XDB6KY4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#8,004 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #14 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- #70 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Mythology
- #95 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $11.00 (65%)
Broken: Beautiful Monsters Vol. 3 Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 493 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Overarching story is great. That is what got me through this book. I connected with the MC in book one and I want to find out what happens to him at the end.
* Since majority of the major characters are incubi, sex(BDSM) is the main theme here. There is a lot of smut and vivid description in this book and just like any hormone-crazed female around, I loved it and lapped it up. The action scenes are also very captivating, no holding back on the blood and gore( 10 points for Gryffindor!) .
* Well written with a lot of dark humor. Makes some heavy and dark scenes easier to bear for some of us.
* Has a lot of intrigue to keep you wanting to read more despite its flaws
* I got it free on kindle unlimited. I'm not entirely certain I would have stuck with it if I had to pay.
* If you are able to connect with it, the story gives an intense emotional roller coaster that makes you wanna stick with it to the end.
* Storyline has some unique parts like the main war being between vampires and incubi as opposed to the usual vampire vs werewolves story.
*Slow moving- I'm up for giving the reader blow-by-blow details and all but after reading the first eighteen chapters only to find out the details of the MC's torture and nothing much changing in regards to the overall story.. it just left me jaded and disconnected. I mean, 18 F-ING CHAPTERS!!!!
* Believability - Some of the parts in this story are actually very hard to believe and relate.There are many instances in story where the MC's actions or character just does not make sense and sometimes the author even notes it in the MC's internal dialogue by saying "...Yeah, I know that was pathetic/weird but..."[SPOILER ALERT] For example, the MC was captured & tortured for almost a year, then finds out one of his torturers is dating his daughter. His reaction? Oh, I hate my torturer but hey, I'm happy my daughter has found love. Let's all join hands and sing Kumbaya!.... I mean there is a total lack of the intense emotional anguish, deep-seated hatred and rejection, years of turmoil before acceptance that you would expect from a situation like this. Another example is how the MC is descended from powerful deities causing him to have this powerful potential but after all the training from books one and two, he's still unable to defeat a significant number of his main opponents and is relatively weak. And lastly, let's just note how despite having spent a while with the vampires, our MC learns all the tips and tricks of being a vampire ( eg sleeping in the ground, training, getting drunk, etc) from the enemies of the vampires( ie incubi). This is actually a problem for me in the entire series but I kept with it because the story had me sufficiently intrigued in the first two books.
* It has a ridiculous number of 'tells'. With the exception of the smut, torture and some battle scenes, a lot of the story was the author "telling" us emotions, behavior and feelings instead of 'showing' us. In some cases, after the 'tell' the actions of the character do not even back up that 'tell' eg There was a point during the MC's captivity where his thoughts/internal dialogue tells us he is in despair over his captivity but then in the next paragraph he's wondering about his clothes or how he wants to bone his captor.
As I said, overall the series is ok. The first book especially intrigued me enough to keep ploughing through book three but at this point, I will just settle for a summary to find out what happened to the MC. The main storyline did not move fast enough and after a third of the book I started skipping entire chapters just to get to the end. If you are wondering, after skipping a chunk of the book, I did not feel like I had missed much.
This book was filled with so much suspense. Not in the big twist kind of way. Just always wanting more. I love the fact that when I’m reading I’m just as confused as Matthew. I’m always dreading the unknown as if it’s happening to me. My heart has been aching for so long because I don’t know which characters I love more. I mourned for devak. He grew on me and then we lost him. And I just miss the warmth of his presence in Matthews life. But at the same time I think I’m in love with tarrick lol. Something about the little slips where he shows his feelings. Their non date night. Ugh I fell so hard for tarrick I didn’t even know I could like him more. I just wish I knew what was going on in his head. I don’t believe his lies about his feelings but at the same time I do.
Waiting for the next installment is going to be torture. I’ve been waiting days to write this reviews because I just couldn’t stop thinking about the book. Everything that happened. The characters we meet this time. The horrible horrible stuff that happens to Matthew. The struggle he emptiness he feels. All so relatable. I ache for him and I want him to get stronger every time and prove so many people wrong. Matthew is so relatable that you forget sometimes it’s a world of vamps and incubi. He makes you feel. Reminds you that life isn’t always just your heart beating or your looks. It’s those moments when you are alone with those you care for. And making new memories with those you love. He’s a family man in a world where that’s not normal. But you can’t help hoping he will get it.
I say it every review too but these books are filled with action. Every chapter something new happens. There’s not one dull chapter every. Hence why I blew through three of the books so quickly. Really upset with myself. Might have to go back and re read them all again just to get my fill of Matthew and devak and Samantha. And tarrick of course haha! Going to try and make my friends read this so I can have someone to talk to. Haha.
Most recent customer reviews
I was surprised and pleased with how much I enjoyed... am enjoying, rather, this series.Read more