Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 26, 2012
I have been waiting to get my hands on the blu-ray version of this anime. It's a very good story/character development driven anime, like The Vision of Escaflowne TV series. Yeah, you have the mecha battles and etc, but you also have just as much good character development and engrossing storyline as the mecha stuff. I think that's why I enjoyed this anime as much as I did. You get the same immersive experience when the mecha battles are going on as you do when the "other stuff outside of the mecha stuff"(the human drama) is going on. So, you get the best of both worlds.

Anyway, the blu-ray version gives you the full HD treatment. The video is presented in 16x9 aspect ratio and 1080p resolution, so if you have a nice HD TV, the visuals will be nice eye candy for you. Both the English language and Japanese language tracks are encoded in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, so you will definitely get "theater quality" surround sound, especially if you have a nice home theater set up. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on September 9, 2014
This anime look totally awesome and it is worth watching . The thing is funny at Fye all the anime on blu ray are to high and a lot of prices and coming on here there prices are very nice that I like about amazon because now these I get my anime on here then gong to fye it cost way to much and bestbuy have less class anime in history ever and they used to have a lot but not anymore.
on February 11, 2013
This anime had a great story which in turn was different from many others containing Giant mechanized machines! I only wish that this Anime was longer and continued the story since it seems that only half of the story was made.

This anime I believe deviated from the Manga and was not necessarily dependent upon the manga release.

Cons: the only con i had with this was that when it arrived the Blu-Ray box was damaged and the upper left corner completely smashed... The Blu-Ray disks however, were not scratched!
on August 11, 2013
I don't know what to say or where to start. I am not a fan of mechi's as a rule but this one from start to finish was a ride that I did'nt want to get off of. This is anime of the finest order from start to finish the episodes are longer than normal between 51 and 56 min. per episode with 6 in all but if you like mechi's than do yourself a favor and buy it don't think just get it you wont be sorry
on February 1, 2014
This anime shows battle scenes with mechs as they should be seen. The animation is not sharp but gritty and fast paced. The characters all have different story lines woven together. The music is some of the best, mainly the opening theme song. This anime is more like several small movies, then average episodes. The one drawback is the english voice cast. The main characters voice just dose not fit. Watch it in Japanese and you will see what I mean. Still one of the best anime out there.
One person found this helpful
on March 15, 2016
I feel like more could be done about the plot, because their are some serious gaps of knowledge. Uh, the item came as described, thanx.
on October 23, 2013
A story of four friends (three vs. one) that reunite under a cloud of war. Overall a really great storyline with beautiful animation and great characters. I'm tempted to drop a star due to the rushed ending where "the war" hasn't come to a close but this animation does close itself out somewhat so I'll let it go.
on April 9, 2016
cbn
on February 28, 2013
I saw the first episode online and just had to get the entire series from here. It is great. It lasts 6 episodes, and it does a whole lot with it. I will definitely re-watch this.
on August 31, 2012
I have read that this does not cover the entire series and I am not sure whether more will be made to cover the rest but for the price, this is worth it. I highly recommend. It has a great story and the dubbing is well done. For any fans of action and/or mecha anime, this is a must. The series is very gritty and real, not overly glamorized or fake looking. The battle scenes are intense and will keep you at the edge of your seat. It does star off slightly slow but by the second mini movie and onwards it goes barreling through with little filler or anything to get in the way of the main plot. Yes, the ending is left open and I'm unsure of anymore on the horizon but if you truly wish to see the rest, then get the manga. No matter what, this is a must for any mecha/action anime fan.
3 people found this helpful