Brome 1052 Squirrel Buster Peanut Plus 5.1"x5.1"x27" Wild Bird Feeder with Woodpecker Friendly Tail Prop, 3/4 quarts of Shelled Peanuts
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: you only need to buy one of our products, and we will guarantee to service your feeder for free for the rest of your life. You can call us any time you need a new part, or if you have any issues with your feeder. The cost of your membership is the price of the feeder you buy!
- GUARANTEED SQUIRREL PROOF: supported by an impressive list of patents, our feeders are recognized as the leaders in the squirrel proof category. The weight of an adult squirrel automatically closes the seed ports, denying access to the seed but not harming the squirrels in any way. Also effective on large birds.
- CHEW PROOF: all feeder parts exposed to squirrels are made of chew proof metals or RoxResinTM, a remarkable 100% chew proof, waterproof, rustproof and UV stabilized material.
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED: our feeders are designed to be dismantled by hand into individual components without the use of tools. This allows for easy cleaning and filling.
- SEED VENTILATION SYSTEM: Transparent seed tubes trap solar energy, and conventional seed tube designs block the escape of the heated air. Our patented Seed Ventilation System permits humidity and hot air to escape through the vents at the top of the feeder and replaces it with fresh air. Bird food remains fresher, attracting more wild birds.
- WEIGHT ADJUSTABLE: the patented adjustable spring mechanism controls how much weight the metal mesh shroud will support, allowing the birds to feed. Any additional weight will activate the closing mechanism.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Here's what you get when you buy our feeders
You'll never need to throw away our feeders
A piece breaks, you lose a part, or a squirrel damages something on your feeder? Nothing to worry about. All our products come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty - just give us a call, and we'll send you a replacement part.
A Customer Care you'll want to chat with for hours
There are no extension numbers to press when you call us! A knowledgeable, polite person will gladly answer your questions, send you a replacement part, and ask you about the weather and birds in your backyard. We are open Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.
How much do you love birds?
Buying a bird feeder is just the beginning of a rather exciting journey. There is so much to learn about our avian friends. We want to make sure you know everything there's to know about birds, so we bring you Brome Bird News. This is our free online show dedicated to birds and everyone who loves them. Pop in for a visit.
Need for Clearance
Remember it is the squirrel’s weight that triggers the closing mechanism. If a squirrel can reach over from a nearby foothold and avoid placing its weight on the feeder, it will be able to access the seed. Allow for at least 18 inches or 47 cm of clearance around the feeder. This will force the squirrel to climb onto the feeder triggering the closing mechanism.
Woodpecker Friendly Tail Prop
The Squirrel Buster Peanut + TM feeder is designed with a large tail prop allowing woodpeckers to feed comfortably, using their tails for support and balance - just like they do on trees.
Woodpeckers have zygodactyl feet, each consisting of four toes, the first and fourth facing back and the second and third facing front. This toe arrangement is good for grasping the limbs and trunks of trees, but to balance easily, the tail and feed need to work together for support. Thus, they need a large surface against which to prop their tails.
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 5.3 x 19.5 inches|
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||FBA-|233743|
|Shipping Weight||2.55 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Brome 1052 Squirrel Buster Peanut Plus 5.1"x5.1"x27" Wild Bird Feeder with Woodpecker Friendly Tail Prop, 3/4 quarts of Shelled Peanuts
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 19.5 x 5.3 in||6 x 6 x 23 in||5 x 5 x 21 in||5.5 x 5.5 x 16 in||13.25 x 13.25 x 2 in||9.25 x 26.5 x 9.25 in|
|Material Type||Plastic||polycarbonate||Resin||Stainless Steel||Plastic||polycarbonate|
Squirrel Buster Peanut+ is a 100% squirrel proof and chew proof wild bird feeder with a 3/4-Quart capacity. The 1st No Mess-No Waste peanut feeder, the Squirrel Buster Peanut feeder is designed for shelled peanuts as well as nuggets. All the food is consumed making it ideal for condos or decks. It is weight adjustable to deter larger nuisance birds. It is designed with a large tail prop area making it woodpecker friendly. The feeder comes with a lifetime warranty.
Top customer reviews
I've had this new 'woodpecker style' feeder up for a few weeks now, alongside the other one, and my bird traffic has tripled! The finches like it better, and it's the only thing that really works for the big woodpeckers. I have a mating pair of red-bellieds that take turns on the feeder all day long, especially when it's so cold as it has been lately here in Connecticut.
Part of the traffic increase is due to the style of the feeder. No feeding tray, no perch. The birds hang on to the cylindrical mesh surround. Nuthatches, titmouses (titmice?), chickadees, warblers, downy woodpeckers... they all love it.
The feeder does require larger bits of food than the tray type. Millet will fall right through onto the ground. I use a Nut n Berry mix. You could also use shelled peanuts.
Make sure to set the spring tight, otherwise the larger woodpeckers, or three smaller birds at a time, will be heavy enough to close the feeding window. I've had eight finches at once on this thing! Very cool.
Squirrels are able to eat from this feeder; they simply climb the pole, lean over without putting weight on feeder and eat my peanuts.
The outer metal shielding shows no wear and trust me, there isn't one day that passes when dozens of birds aren't fed perching on it.
Above all and more important is Brome's customer service. In short, a product is only as good as those that stand behind it. Brome is in my elite list of vendors who back their products fully. Recently, a part cracked from simply continuous daily use. One brief eMail to their support representative and a new part was sent immediately!
Thank you, Brome. In short, this company will not let you down. Well made and the birds in one Indiana yard love it.
UPDATE - June 1, 2014 -- Just wanted to update to say that the Blue Jays love this feeder! We have multiple Blue Jays that take turns feeding at this feeder. And they come now everyday! They are just absolutely beautiful to watch! We couldn't be more pleased! Thanks again!
I've had the feeder up about three months and of course the woodpeckers love it. Just today I've seen a Downy, Red-bellied and Pileated. A Tufted Titmouse spends time at both the seed feeder and the peanut feeder as does Wrens and Chickadees.
But my favorite and most surprising find is that Eastern Bluebirds love the peanut feeder too!
Often they sit in the tree above the feeder watching other birds eat. As pieces of peanut fall to the ground they pounce on them. However, if they get tired of waiting they'll cling to the feeder and pick out their own bits.
The squirrels pretty much leave the feeder alone. They try once in awhile but, don't give it the same effort they do trying to get into the seed feeder.