Brooks Men's Ravenna 2 Running Shoe,Metallic Pavement/Black/Lime/Punch/Metallic Green,15 D(M) US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Mesh and synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Anatomical Brooks DNA for ultimate adaptive cushioning
- Diagonal Rollbar (DRB)
- Profile sockliner
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Feed the beast that craves the run with the dynamic ride of the Brooks® Ravenna 2.
- Recently awarded "Editor's Choice" in the June 2011 issue of Runner's World magazine.
- Update to the Ravenna, SKU# 7554614.
- A running shoe designed for the mild over pronator who requires a combination of cushioning and stability.
- Open mesh upper for a comfortably cool environment.
- Synthetic leather overlays provide light, targeted support.
- Element upper technology offers protection from the various elements in a lightweight, breathable fabric that is made to withstand even the toughest run.
- Plush tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
- Molded insole supplies lightweight, cushioned support.
- BioMoGo midsole provides long lasting cushioning. A non-toxic, natural additive encourages anaerobic microbes to break it down as soon as it reaches the landfill.
- Brooks DNA is an innovative cushioning material that delivers a personalized ride to runners of all different sizes, foot shapes and speeds. Designed to work with BioMoGo, it responds to every stride dispersing impact and providing the necessary protection through pace changes.
- Full-length S-257 Cushsole midsole compound offers resilient, flexible, long-lasting cushioning.
- Diagonal Rollbar® (DRB) is a high-density post placed at the medial arch, designed to help with pronation control and create smoother transitions through the various phases of the gait cycle.
- DRB® Accel shank-like unit promotes torsional rigidity in the midfoot, while allowing the heel and forefoot to act independently.
- Engineered Stable Pod Construction helps set the foot into an efficient, neutral position throughout the gait cycle, promoting maximum stability.
- Blown rubber forefoot provides lightweight cushioning and grip.
- HPR Plus delivers long-lasting durability in high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Weight: 12 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- To enhance your running workout, check out these other fine products:
Designed to elevate the running experience, Brooks' advanced stability, cushioning, and motion control gear is recognized as the product of choice among runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to be acti
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 8.7 x 5.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds
- ASIN: B003XT5GJK
- Item model number: 110089
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 7, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
My Asics brought me great joys over the last 300 plus miles running plus about 100 plus miles in walking use. I tried to keep them to just running, but that did not happen. These bad boys have been through it all. From my great accomplishment of finishing the Urbanathlon last year, through the stress fractures and injuries, to finally getting back in stride.
It is time to finally move these to just general use shoes. No more running in these bad boys. I have had to add some generic insoles for my poor fat, flat feet that needed some extra support. It has been a good time together, but time has ended. I really wanted to buy a pair of the Kayano 17, but looking at a $160 price tag stopped those thoughts
What was I to do?
I bought two pairs of running shoes for under $200. One for races and one for training. I figured I owed it to myself after all the running I have done and all the running I have coming up this summer and fall.
The first pair I bought that arrive are the Brooks Ravenna 2.
I ran 8 miles last Sunday. I ran two 4 mile intervals testing out my two new shoes. I ran four miles, felt really good. Stopped for about 2 minutes to change shoes, drink some water and GU and took off for another 4.
The first thing I noticed about these shoes were how light they were compared to my Asics. I don't know if this is like a placebo effect where because they were so new everything felt great, but I really did not think I was wearing shoes. My Asics have been abused and used with insoles added so the weight difference was well noted.Read more ›
A heavy runner might look elsewhere because this shoe may not provide the cushioning they require. A runner involved in very long distance training my find the low weight an advantage, but may wish for more absorbancy, especially in the case of road running.
PS. I have logged over 100 miles in these shoes and they held up very well. I like them on dirt paths better than I expected. They also performed very well on roads. The shoes are best overall in mixed running. The tread and cushioning has proved very durable and I fully expect to get 250-300 miles on these shoes. Great for a treadmill or very good on a dirt path and durable. I even bought a pair of Ravenna 3!
After hundreds of miles, my Ravenna 2s are battered, tattered, and uniquely odoriferous. Although I have ordered replacement Ravenna 3s, I will never, ever get rid of my Ravenna 2s... just in case that day comes when I need to run pain free for hours-and-hours from a relentless zombie horde.
I really see no wearing at this point. I am not a big runner, just 35 miles so far this month. I have used these shoes both on an inside track and outside both paved and gravel roads. I am very pleased and thinking about buying a third pair while the price is right. I originally paid $100 at a local running store.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved these shoes and have always loved these shoes. I'm so glad I was able to find them ( which is very hard to do ). Read morePublished on April 11, 2014 by Mick
I put lots and lots of miles on these and love 'em. Lightweight, reasonable price and wears out great. I highly recommend the Ravenna 4's if you loved these like I did!Published on January 3, 2014 by Cristian
Great pair of shoes. I can put 700-800 miles on these. I really like them. They provide just enough support.Published on February 15, 2013 by Mark E Wear
I am usually hesitant to purchase running shoes online and not directly for a running shoe-specific company. However, i did purchase this shoe and I have no complaints. Read morePublished on December 25, 2012 by Brandon P
Bough these shoes about a year ago and love them! Unfortunately my feet dont fit them anymore so im going to get another pair. But they have great support, comfort, and stability. Read morePublished on June 6, 2012 by Corbin L
This is the second pair of Ravennas I have purchased for my husband. He really loves them and runs 25-30 miles a week. Read morePublished on February 15, 2012 by Jolene
So far so good. I've put about 50 miles on these shoes so far and have been very impressed thus far. Fairly light and a nice all around fit.Published on November 29, 2011 by brian erline
Got a pair in July, 2011 to start running on a semi-serious basis. I am Asian, 5' 9", 47 yo, 168lbs (started at 194lbs), runs about 25 miles a week. Read morePublished on November 18, 2011 by Keymaster