Brookstone Sand Net WT(2.2) LBS(1KG)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Won't make a mess. Sticks to itself but not to you!
- Soft and stretchy material that does not feel how it looks
- Non-Toxic and never dries out for long-lasting use
- You'll be fascinated as it oozes, moves, and melts right before your eyes
- Recommended for ages 5 and up
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Sand by Brookstone Net WT(2.2)LBS(1KG). Sand by Brookstone. 98% sand. 2% polymer. 100% FUN. Special properties make it soft and stretchy. Won't make a mess (sticks to itself but not to you). Never dries out. Non-toxic. Choice of Large: 2.2 lbs of SAND. Small: 12 ozs of SAND - For ages 5 and up * WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD-Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years. Not intended to be eaten. Introducing SAND, the packable, stretchable - and just incredible - stuff you'll simply never put down. Unlike beach or play sand, SAND has special properties that make it soft and stretchy. Build something big, something small. Let it flow through your fingers. You'll be fascinated as it oozes, moves, and melts right before your eyes - just like a slow-moving liquid. Great for children and adults, at home or in the office. You'll never put it down (Trust us - we can't either!) Aside from playing with it every chance we get, we found that SAND is also great for: Goofing off in the office; Distracting co-workers; Building castles; Making shapes and faces; Writing messages; Reducing stress. It won't make a mess and never dries out. SAND is kinetic - that means it's designed to stick to itself but not to you. It flows through your fingers just like wet sand, but leaves them completely dry and mess-free. And no matter how you pull, stretch and separate SAND (even if some gets on the floor), it always recombines easily. No vacuum cleaners or mops needed. But here's the best part: when you're ready to break out the SAND again, it's just the same as it was when it came out of the jar. It never dries out and needs no liquid additives. If it does get wet, just let it dry out before playing with it again. It's that easy. You've seen it before, but you've never felt anything like it.
Packaging dirty and peeling. Product is unharmed and in perfect condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Price: Moon Sand is currently about $19 for 5 pounds. Sånd is $19 for 2 pounds.
2. Colors: Moon Sand comes in several colors, but not Sand color (Lunar Yellow is close, but it's not really Sand color) Sånd only comes in Sand color and it looks like real sand.
3. Texture: They both have a great, sandy textural feel. Moon Sand clings tighter and can be packed into an almost hard shape. Packing it tightly into a mold will create a very solid shape that can be picked up and carried around or cut with a knife into pieces. This allows you to build with it almost like blocks.
Sånd can also be packed into a mold to create a shape, but when you try to pick it up it will deform in your hand. If a shape is molded on, say, a tabletop and left there it can be built upon like a sand castle, but you can't carry it around. When it's formed into a shape you can cut it into pieces.
4. Clean Up: Both products stick to themselves but not to other things, so clean up is super-easy: you just take a piece and use it to "sop up" the stray pieces. You just touch the piece you are holding to the stray pieces and they instantly cling to it, in one or two passes you've gathered up all of the strays.
Bottom line: The are both extremely cool products that will provide endless hours of fun and fascination. Moon Sand is better if you are interested in a molding dough that has a sand-like quality. Sånd is better if you want an experience that is almost identical to playing with damp sand at the beach. You can build a sandcastle with either: with Moon Sand it will be taller and stronger. With Sånd it will be more like a real sand castle.
I would say, for kids Moon Sand is probably a better choice because they can build more objects with it and it comes in colors. I do not have kids but I keep some Moon Sand around for when they are visiting.
The main reason I wanted sand is for adults. I have a big wooden tray on my countertop bar that is filled with Sånd and a handful of molds (everything from cookie cutters to shot glasses.) When people come over they inevitably ask about the Sånd and I encourage them to play with it. It always starts the same way: they just nudge it around a bit with their fingers, then after a while they start clumping it in their hands. After a drink or two they are molding shapes and cutting them into smaller pieces and by the end of the evening they are making sand castles and trying to see how high they can go. I've never met a person (even the most uptight people I know) who didn't eventually become completely transfixed by this stuff.
It's just fun! I highly recommend either one.
PS - It always makes my day to know that people find these reviews helpful. If you'd also like to ask a question or leave a comment I usually respond the same day, so if you have a question or comment (even if it's just to say, Hi!") feel free to post it below.