Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brookstone Wireless TV Headphones
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on December 26, 2011
I got these headphones because I wanted to enjoy playing games or watch TV and be able to hear everything while relaxed on my couch. These wireless headphones are easy to setup and has a decent weight. The sound quality is great to my standard and does the job well. I also like the volume switch feature on these headphones and how they cancel out sound decently. But there are some cons that annoy me. First being that it uses AAA batteries, I'd prefer rechargeable, but that would probably bring up the price. To add to that, these headphones drain the power fast and you have to change the batteries quite frequently, even when you turn it off, it seems that it is STILL draining power because it won't turn on when you want to use them again. Lastly, when the headphones are dying, it makes a long ear hurting beeping sound when it disconnects and reconnects, and when you turn it off it won't turn back on. So overall I would not recommend these headphone because you will be using up your money to change out the batteries, if these were rechargeable though I would recommend them.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2012
Great Headphones....very good quality....confusing at first to set up, tuning its transmitter to recognize the headphones, and, which button on the transmitter is for what (i.e., on/off and tuning button, and how long to hold down button to tune), but, once that's done, just very good quality and sound....good distance from TV, too, and still works great....plus saved shipping charges by ordering it from Amazon instead of Brookstone...JB, Waldorf MD
on October 18, 2012
This headset has very good reception & clear audio. However I find the battery life is quite short& have to replace batteries frequently.
on March 26, 2013
This product works well, looks good, and sound quality is good. Not too difficult to set up (if there's a teenager in the house it's really easy) Only problem is... being wireless, when our DSL goes off (sporadically) the wireless connection to my laptop is lost and the headset transmitter has to be turned off to regain it. Once it's on again, the headset transmitter can be turned back on and all is well. Would purchase again.
on March 21, 2012
The good: I have a new Samsung TV, yet these headphones sound much better than the in-built TV in built speakers. You really notice the difference with any TV shows that feature singing (Voice, American IDOL, etc.)

The bad: Users throughout my house complain about poor wi-fi performance, even when i have the headset turned off (the base station still is on).

In my home the Wi-Fi hub is 15 feet south of the Brookstone hub, and both users of WiFi are on the south side of the house. The users and the brookstone are about equidistant. Unfortunately this means the headphones are going to sit unused, or I am going to have to tweak my wi-fi hubs, if it is even possible to a different channel. Would have been nice if this Brookstone would notice the traffic and transmit on an used part of the 2.5 Ghz spectrum

Bad gift for me.
on October 14, 2014
The headphones themselves are great. We use rechargeable batteries and they work perfectly. This said, let me also say that customer assistance from this company leaves a lot to be desired. I had to call to ask where to plug into the directv receiver and no one knew where. I finally called a computer-savvy friend who immediately saw how to do this. In case you don't know, I'll tell you: the three short cables that come with are red, white, and yellow. The red and white ones plug into the corresponding color spots on the receiver; the yellow one is the one the plug that goes from the transmitter (the little rectangular box with the blue lights) to the receiver. This is the big mystery that no one a Brookstone knew to tell me.
on August 23, 2013
I have a hearing impairment and I got them so I could lower the TV volume in consideration of my wife who has perfect hearing.

I had my head Brookstone wireless phones for almost 3 years before they died. They had good sound quality and a fairly comfortable, if a little heavy, head set, but a fresh set of batteries barely provided 3 hours of use. It was more like 2 3/4 hours on average and the warning beep to dead was about 3 seconds. You could barely listen to a full length movie on a set of batteries. I just learned to keep a pack of batteries close by, because it was always dying at the wrong moment.

2 months ago the light on the headphones started to continuously flash even on fresh batteries and they ceased to function at all. They now reside in a landfill somewhere. I would have expected the electronics to last longer. Overall, I can not recommend these headphones.
on December 21, 2013
I've owned wireless headsets over the years, but this product is by far the worst. Heavy draw on the AAA battery's with having to replace them every few hours of operation. Very loud ring reminds you of low battery. Don't waste your money.
on January 2, 2013
Just received these headphones for Christmas. Wound of being one of the most disappointing gifts ever. OVER PRICED: They should have retailed for about 20.00, definitely not worth the 50 bucks my wife paid for them. I will be returning them for something else! Consumer beware don't purchase these, they are crap!
on November 23, 2014
these are a great set of wireless tv headphones for the money, durability is on the so so side they seem to quit working and you try to re-pair them but no response.. but when they do work they are great