Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother 1034D 3/4 Thread Serger with Differential..." and save 24% off the $302.91 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother 1034D 3/4 Thread Serger with Differential Feed
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Reliable, high performance 3/4 thread serger delivers professional edge finishing on a wide range of fabrics, including knits, linens and formal wear. Create ruffles, decorative edges, gathers; join laces; serge narrow sleeves, spaghetti straps, and more!
- 22 built-in stitch functions with 4-thread overlock, 3-thread overlock, narrow, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches, with specialty stitch functions for formal and bridal wear, home decor and crafts, heirloom and reinforced tape applications
- Differential fabric feed;for truly professional, even stitch quality, even on thin, knitted, and stretchy fabrics
- Easy to thread, easy to learn and use; with included instruction video, printed manual, and completely color-coded and numbered upper and lower looper threading. Includes free phone support for the life of the product, and a 25-year limited warranty
- Comes complete with 2 snap-on feet, foot controller, soft cover, needles and more. Uses standard sewing machine needles. Please note: This machine is not recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- Customer service contact number 1-877-276-8437
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The Brother 1034D serger features a 3/4 lay-in thread system with lower looper threader.Stitch options include 4 thread overlock 3 thread overlock narrow hem rolled hem and ribbon lock stitches.Additionally you can sew blind hem pin tuck and flat lock stitches by purchasing optional presser feet.The machine has a free arm/flat bed convertible sewing surface.The 1034D also offers a F.A.S.T. lower looper threading system for easy thread changes.The differential feed improves sewing results on stretch or thin fabrics to give you a perfect finish. Snap-on presser feet allow quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch.The 1034D also includes an instructional video tape to make serging fast easy and fun. This machine does not conform to International electronic codes. Warranty is voided outside the US.
Brother 1034D 3 or 4 Thread Serger with easy to use lay in threading, differential feed, instructional DVD, bilingual manual, and toll-free customer support
Designed for finishing the edges and hems of a wide range of fabrics, including formal wear, linens and stretchy fabrics, and for creating ruffles and decorative edges, the Brother 1034D Serger is the perfect addition to any sewing room. This reliable, easy to learn and use 3 or 4 thread serger features 22 stitch functions, and snap-on, interchangeable creative feet. Stitch options include 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches. With its differential fabric feed, the 1034D helps you achieve better stitch quality, for a more even, professional finish, even on very thin or stretchy fabrics. Threading is easy, with the color-coded upper thread guides and lower looper threading system. Plus, the included snap-on presser feet allow for quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch. To help you get started, the 1034D includes an instructional video, and a complete, printed instructional manual in English and Spanish. Backed with a 25-year limited warrantee, and free phone support for the life of the product.
Versatile stitch optionsChoose from 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches.
Easy threadingThe 1034D has easy to follow, color-coded lay-in threading, and the lower looper threading system is designed to make sure the thread stays right in place.
Differential fabric feed for better stitch qualityThe differential fabric feed helps improve the stitch quality on virtually all types of fabric, especially important when sewing stretchy, knitted, or thin fabrics. Differential feed ratio is 0.7 to 2.0.
Fast, up to 1300 stitches per minuteSaves time, and delivers high quality stitching, even at up to a high 1300 spm speed.
Adjustable stitch widthThe stitch width can be easily adjusted between 5mm to 7mm from left needle, helping to provide the perfect stitch width for your project.
Removable free armSimply slide off the removable arm to serge cylindrical items such as sleeves.
Uses standard sewing machine needlesNo need to purchase special needles – the 1034D can use most standard home sewing machine needles.
Plus, these outstanding features:• Bilingual operation manual and instructional CD:
In the box• Accessory feet:
• Foot controller
• Accessory bag with needle set, 4 spool nets, tweezers, cleaning brush, hexl wrench, trim trap
• Soft cover
• Instructional CD
• Bilingual English/Spanish operation manual
• 25-year limited warranty
About Brother International Corporation
Brother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a leading supplier of innovative products for home sewing and embroidery enthusiasts. The company is recognized for its high-quality, state-of-the-art machines and accessories, offering ease of use and flexibility at affordable prices. Brother is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd.
Brother 1034D 3 or 4 Thread Serger with easy to use lay in threading,
Versatile stitches functions
Top customer reviews
There is one factor that bothered me and is the reason I give it a 4 Star rating. This machine needs pre oiling before you use it the first time!!! How do you know this?!? I found it in the reviews BEFORE I purchased it. On Page 57 it shows where the oiling needs to happen. Word of advice... DO IT! You will not regret it. I oil it about once a month or so unless I've been taking a break from sewing. I wish this would be put in a quick guide so that if the machine is new to you, you know to oil it! Quickest way to destroy a machine.. No oil!
That being said, once this little work horse is oiled, it will serge like a dream. Quickly and efficient, it makes short work of quickly finishing raw edges. It has a removable arm, to sew cuffs. I love that you can adjust for the type of fabric and your stitch width. I know it has several stitch types, however I just use it for serging. I find it quick and easy to load with thread, though like most sergers, the lower feeds sometimes can be a bit tricky. For quick color changes, I simply cut the threads back behind the feeders, tie the new color on, then run it out on swatches of left over fabric, I have found this to be much faster and easier than re-threading my entire machine.
Nice neat serging
Quick and easy set up (Make sure you oil the machine prior to first use, reference page 57) See attached photo
Adjustments for fabric type
Stitch adjustments (Length and style)
Can tuck the blade out of the way when needed
The directions for oiling the machine are tucked away in the back of the user manual, which can be missed and cause issues with the machine
Other than the aforementioned issue with oiling of the machine and lack of 'In Your Face' directions to tell you to make sure you do oil it. This is a great little machine for the price point. If you are an avid sewer, then this would be a fabulous machine for you!
I was also concerned about being able to figure out how to use it on my own (so many people talk about taking a class) but within a day I felt like I knew it inside and out. It's setup is uncomplicated and I was able to get right to work. There's something to be said about passing over the machine that can "do it all" and buying one that just does what you need.
1) The "how-to" videos are wonderful for the visual learner. You can pick up the same knowledge from the thorough instruction book(s) included, but the videos reinforce the book. Watching the video on "threading" once, and following the line drawings on the machine itself, I was able to thread the machine in 5 minutes. (It's really not that hard - it's all color coded and the steps are numbered, but the videos help)
2) Included are two additional feet, one for a blind hem/flatlock and another for gathering ruffles as you sew. Together, they themselves are an $60 value. The feet are "snap-on" (when I read about that online I instantly thought of breakable plastic, but the feet are primarily metal with some plastic pieces on the blind hem foot) - the "snap-on" construction is very easy to use and solid (i.e. nothing is going to snap OFF over time)
3) It's very easy to set the tension and the manual has a very clear chart on troubleshooting uneven stitches (with 4 threads, there are multiple things that can be off with the tension).
4) The company description says that it does 22 stitch functions, which I think is a little misleading (it does the basic stuff and they show different applications for the basics).
THIS IS WHAT IT DOES:
1. 3/4-thread overlock (uses 4 threads; best for use with knits or upholstery fabric)
2. 3-thread overlock (general use) in two widths - 3mm (using only the right needle) and 5mm (using only the left)
3. Rolled hem (great for edges of napkins, pajama bottoms, frilly skirts, etc)
4. Flatlock stitch (decorative or flat seams)
5. Blind hem
THIS IS WHAT IT DOESN'T DO:
1. Coverlock stitch (stretchy stitch with two straight lines on the front of the fabric). If you're sewing for yourself (i.e. not selling what you make), you can fake this stitch on your regular zigzag sewing machine with a twin needle. It's not quite the same, but close enough for me.
2. Chain stitch (a semi-straight stitch, similar to a regular sewing machine but easier to rip out (i.e. good for basting) and a good reinforcement for upholstery)
Other sergers I looked at that did the coverlock stitch in addition to overlock, etc. had complicated and time consuming adjustments to be made to switch to the coverlock. If you're going to use it a lot, consider getting a separate machine that does it (the Brother model is 2340CV).
The one feature the 1034D is missing for me is the ability to do a 3-thread overlock and a chain stitch at the same time - good for upholstery but something available only on a 5 thread machine.
5) Nice little things:
1. You have the option of using regular thread spools (cheaper and smaller if you don't need 1000 yards x 4 of whatever color you're buying)
2. You use regular needles - so you can use them in both your regular sewing machine and your serger
3. It's really easy to control speed with the foot pedal - very responsive
4. Disabling the knife (that trims your fabric as you sew) is done with just the flick of a switch
5. Differential feed allows you to sew any thickness of fabric, line up stripes evenly, etc.
Most recent customer reviews
On the CON side:
(1) It's kind of clatters. Louder than expected.Read more