& FREE Shipping.Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Providing a wide range of historical and alternative-history scenarios, “Brother against Brother” lets players refight the major battles of the Civil War at an unprecedented level of depth and detail
- 25 Scenarios in total, including full battles, smaller scenarios and plenty of historical “what if” variants to explore what could have happened
- Incredible research including primary sources previously unavailable to create the most detailed and accurate maps and orders of battle to date
- Regiments (can be split) as the main unit, with brigade and higher command levels fully modeled to reflect historical command and control
- Weather, formations, supply, skirmishers, brigade orders, mounted and dismounted cavalry, corps intelligence, division orders, even battlefield smoke are all modeled… and more!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
“Brother against Brother” is a turn-based series of games which simulate the battles of the American Civil War at the regimental level. The first release, “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword,” is devoted to the opening battles of the war: the first major battles of 1861 in both the eastern and western theaters, 1st Bull Run and Wilson’s Creek, as well as the first battles of 1862, Mill Springs and Williamsburg. “Brother against Brother” boasts scrupulous attention to detail in the preparation of maps and orders of battles;Western Civilization Software did years of primary research, pouring over national archives, consulting with a dozen experts, and exploring every inch of the actual battlefields. The maps themselves are vast, some as large as 50 square miles, and at 75 yards per hex are rendered in intricate detail. The game engine presents the player with a novel system of movement and issuing orders that emphasize the difficulties of wielding command-and-control over Civil War era regiments. The units themselves are accurately simulated not only in their strength and level of training, but also in such details as their sub-commanders and weapons. Many units have special qualities in the game that represent the qualities which made them famous during the war, and some units have special attachments like Zouaves or sharpshooters. The engine models hundreds of details with an easy-to-grasp user-interface: weather, formation, supply, skirmishers, brigade orders, dismounted cavalry, division activation, corps intelligence... even battlefield smoke. Providing a wide range of historical and alternative-history scenarios, “Brother against Brother” lets players refight the major battles of the Civil War at an unprecedented level of depth and detail.