Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother Embroidery Machine, PE770, 5" x 7" Embroid..." and save 57% off the $1,199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother Embroidery Machine, PE770, 5” x 7” Embroidery Machine with Built-in Memory, USB Port, 6 Lettering Fonts, 136 Built-in Designs
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EXPANSIVE 5” x 7” FIELD: The Brother PE770 embroidery machine provides ample space for larger designs and lettering projects
- 136 BUILT-IN EMBROIDERY DESIGNS: Access 10 frame shapes, 6 lettering fonts, and 12 border styles that can help you design elegant quilt patterns
- BUILT-IN MEMORY: The PE770 embroidery machine allows you to import designs from your USB memory stick thanks to a built-in USB port
- EXTENSIVE DESIGN EDITING: The Brother PE770 offers you flexible design editing features, including mirror-image, rotate, and size edits
- RELIABLE, EASY THREADING: Threading the top thread and bobbin and precision thread trimming is made easy with the Brother PE770
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
For those in search of a durable embroidery machine with built-in memory, the Brother PE770 was engineered for you. Designed with an expansive 5"" x 7"" embroidery field, the Brother PE770 embroidery machine permits you the flexibility to stitch larger designs appropriate for jackets, bags, and home décor items and have more space to combine and rotate designs, lettering, frames, and borders for truly one-of-a-kind creations. The addition of a built-in USB port allows you to easily import designs from your USB memory stick to produce custom embroidery projects with the superior quality you expect from Brother products.
Users will benefit from the built-in library of designs in the Brother PE770. You can choose from 136 designs, including beautiful scrollwork, florals, and quilt patterns. There are 10 frame shapes and 12 border styles also built into the PE770. Additionally, the PE770 offers built-in memory so you can save your designs for future use. This durable embroidery machine is perfect for home embroiderers and those who are interested in starting a home-based embroidery business at an affordable price.
The Brother PE770 embroidery machine also includes multiple editing functions accessible through the LCD touchscreen. Rotate, mirror-image, increase, and decrease the size of your designs and see how your edited design looks on the large, 2.7x1.4, back-lit LCD display before stitching. The PE770 also lets users simply thread both the top thread and bobbin and includes an auto thread cutter for consistent stitching and precise thread trimming. This product is backed by a 25-year limited warranty with free technical phone support for the life of the product.
Brother PE770 5”x7” Embroidery-only machine with built-in memory, USB port, 6 lettering fonts, 136 built-in designs, and toll-free customer support
Take your embroidery to the next level with the feature-rich, user-friendly PE770 embroidery-only machine from Brother. With its expansive, 5”x7” embroidery field, you’ll be able to stitch larger designs appropriate for jackets, bags and home décor items, and have more space to combine and rotate designs, lettering, frames and borders for truly custom, one-of-a-kind creations. Choose from the built-in library of 136 designs, and for even more options, use the built-in USB port to import designs from a USB memory stick. The PE770 also offers built-in memory, so you can save your designs for future use. Perfect for home embroiderers looking for a fast, versatile, dedicated embroidery machine they can grow with over time. Backed by a 25-year limited warranty and free phone support for the life of the product. The Brother PE770 has been awarded a "Consumers Digest Best Buy" seal from Consumers Digest. The publication awards its "Consumers Digest Best Buy" seal to products that its staff judges to offer the most value for a given amount of money.
Large 5"x7" embroidery areaThe expansive 5"x7" embroidery area gives you the space you need for larger lettering and monograms, combining designs with less rehooping, and for larger designs on jacket backs, tote bags, and quilt squares.
Easy-to-use, backlit LCD touch screen displayWith the easy-to-view, 1.4" x 2.7" touch screen LCD display, you'll have access to sophisticated design and editing features that are easy to navigate and easy to use.
Design Editing featuresRotate, mirror-image, increase and decrease the size of your designs, and see how your edited design looks, right on the LCD display, before stitching.
Built-in memoryImport designs from a USB stick, or import designs purchased from iBroidery.com and other web sites. Plus, you can download machine updates to keep your machine up to date. (USB stick not included)
Embroidery card slotUse the built-in embroidery card slot to stitch designs from Brother embroidery cards, available for separate purchase.
Easy threading, with automatic needle threaderSimply follow the numbered threading diagram printed on the machine. Then, with the automatic needle threader, the thread is pushed right through the eye of the needle.
Quick-set bobbinJust drop in your bobbin, pull the thread through the slot, and start embroidering.
Auto thread trimmerA real time-saver, the auto thread trimmer allows you to have your upper and lower threads cut for you, with just the touch of a button.
iBroidery CompatibleBrother embroidery customers can easily purchase thousands of fabulous exclusive, downloadable embroidery designs on www.iBroidery.com. Choose from a multitude of selections, including licensed characters from Nickelodeon, Disney, Disney▪Pixar, plus limited edition designs from the Brother design library. All at your fingertips at a price you’ll love.
About Brother International Corporation
Brother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a leading supplier of innovative products for home sewing and embroidery enthusiasts. The company is recognized for its high-quality, state-of-the-art machines and accessories, offering ease of use and flexibility at affordable prices. Brother is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd.
Brother PE770 5”x7” Embroidery-only machine
136 built-in embroidery designs and 6 lettering fontsThe PE770 embroidery-only machine makes it easy to embellish everything from home decor to T-shirts! Built in to this machine are 6 embroidery lettering fonts and 136 decorative designs - including delicate scrollwork, intricate florals, classic quilt patterns, and so much more. And when it's time to add the finishing touch, choose from 10 built-in frame shapes and 12 border styles.
In the box• PE770 Computerized Embroidery Machine
• One 5"x7" embroidery hoop
• Embroidery arm
• Dust cover
• Accessory bag with seam ripper, needle set, cleaning brush, screwdrivers (2), spool caps (3), scissors, bobbins (3)
• 25 year limited warranty
• Power cord
• English/Spanish operation manual
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 1,105 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Edited to add: Even after 6+ months I'm still learning more about the best ways to use this machine! I just learned a new tip that I thought I would pass along. Sometimes the spool holder can be finicky. If your top thread is repetitively breaking (not just once in awhile), and you've already tried replacing the needle and re-threading the machine, put your thread spool in a clean coffee cup behind your machine instead of on the spool holder. This should solve this issue -- at least it has for me!
I was so disappointed at the prices at the stores that I almost passed on embroidery all together. Some folks in the stores seem to think everyone can afford to spend thousands and if you don't, you are just being stubborn. When I found out about the low end Brother machines, I was excited again. The SE400 seems to be great and has great reviews, but I wanted the 5" by 7" embroidery area. Also, I already have a sewing machine, so I did not need the dual function of the SE400 that people like.
The PE770 has some nasty one star reviews, though, so I hesitated. One review (not one star) mentioned Vince Arcuri's you tube videos, and that gentleman gave me confidence in the machine again. I watched his intro to the PE770, and he has such a calm and positive manner and shows the machine in operation that I could see it may well work for me. Thank you so much, Vince Arcuri! I am so glad I got a PE770. It is really all I needed and works great so far.
I did a few things to give us (the machine and me) the best chance:
1) I ordered the two stabilizers and the glue spray Vince Arcuri shows in his video right here on Amazon, (have since ordered cut-away stabilizer also, since the T-shirt designs will probably distort with the wash away over time) and I am using two layers of the wash away on the bottom and the clear stuff on top with the spay to hold the fabric in place,
Tear & Wash Away - Machine Embroidery Stabilizer Backing Medium Weight 2.0oz. Roll of 12 in X 50 Yds
Sulky 12-Inch by 9-Yard Solvy Water Soluble Stabilizer Roll
Sulky 4.23-Ounce Temporary Spray Adhesive
2) I researched and ordered the recommended bobbin threads for the machine in pre-wound bobbins since people said they work better than the home-wound bobbins - I think it matters to get the 90 weight bobbin thread and that was a little more expensive than the abundant ones that come in a case of 144, here is a link to the ones that work for me
20 Prewound 90 Weight Thread Embroidery Bobbins Size A Class 15 Style 15J For Brother Baby Lock SA156
3) I got very good thread - had a special pack of 35 Isacord threads that I picked up on sale when I was shopping for machines in the stores and found an even better deal on eBay (25 spools for 90.- where you can pick your own colors and sometimes people sell used spools that are still pretty full at a good price) - anyway, - Isacord is supposed to be one of the best and the machine runs great with those - it is making a mouse in a pin box, cute sewing design with 31 thread changes as I type this review and everything is working like clockwork – smiling from ear to ear every time I go back to the machine to change threads and see my cute design developing
4) I did read the manual on threading the machine and carefully cut all loose threads off, stopping the machine after the first few stitches for each color to cut the top thread ( as Vince Arcuri showed in his you tube video) - one did get sucked in when I did not stop the machine in time - I cut the mess off on the bottom and it was no problem, but I try very hard not to let that happen and catch the loose ends before the machine gets going on each color - you can press a button to start, stop, and re-start - it is very convenient for me (am not mass producing, so no worries about the time it takes at the moment - maybe I can ask the machine to cut the threads but I have not been motivated to find out yet - just excited to see it work!)
5) Not sure this helps, but it made me feel better to set the max speed to the lower setting before sewing
Since I am so new to embroidery, I cannot say if the machine would meet expectations of someone experienced, but for a beginner like me, I can highly recommend it!
With Amazon's return policy, I felt like I could try this machine even if there may be individual lemons out there - I am planning to use it as much as possible right away to test it. So far 5 Stars all the way.
Oh, and by the way, that is in spite of the fact that the poor thing has been shipped upside down! I am not sure what brainiac did this, but someone put the PE770 box inside another box upside down, and the outer box was delivered right-side-up, of course, so the machine probably traveled upside down for a few days. Still - it is fine and I am keeping it! =]
Beginners should also be aware that a machine like this cannot change your design and the screen for viewing the design is not very useful (does not bother me - I put one design at a time on my memory stick and I know what the machine sees on the stick) - software to manipulate designs is very expensive and somewhat complicated, depending on what computer skills you have and what you want to do (change colors or size all the way to digitize your own designs) – I felt that you really need some basic program, which may be found under 200.-, to view the design and the colors and stich order, so you can pick colors from the threads you have and know where in the design they show up – I did this with two free trial versions of software I downloaded for testing so far but they expire after 30 days - you also need some software to do multiple lines of text, like a quilt label and have the spacing perfect, I think - I did one line of text on the machine without software: my name - could reposition the needle to write the next line but would have to guess the spacing, from what I see so far
I am fairly computer savvy and want to digitize photos of animals - downloaded a free trial version of PE Design 10 and Embird and decided to buy the Embird, but there is other software also - I heard about SewEasy, for example, but have not looked at it. Be prepared to pay as much for some software packages as you paid for the machine, or more. Embird comes in modules, to allow us to start with what we can afford and build on it. Nice for beginners, I think. The basic module does a lot and is 164.- to download from online. That’s the one I decided on.
Just to be clear, the software I am talking about runs on a computer, which you need to have if you want to go this route, it does not run on the embroidery machine. Designs can be transferred from your computer on a memory stick to the PE770. That is a pretty cool feature, and I understand, not available on all embroidery machines. Even if you don't buy the software, the stick transfer can be used for designs bought on the internet with your computer. Free designs are also available on the internet. Pretty cool!