Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 6..." and save 71% off the $449.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine With 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Quilting Table, and Hard Cover
- Low Return Rate: 27% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Sewing Machines
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Versatile, value-packed, perfect for a wide range of sewing and quilting projects, accessories are stored inside a compartment on the arm of the sewing machine
- Select stitches and adjust stitch length and stitch width via settings seen on the LCD display
- Stop/start button allows use without included foot control. Variable speed control for easily adjusting your sewing speed
- Jam-resistant Quick-set top drop-in bobbin makes setting and accessing your bobbin thread a breeze. No more fishing for your bobbin thread. Accessories are stored in a compartment on the arm of the machine.
- Bilingual user manual, 25-year limited warranty, and free phone support for the life of the product. We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Create, sew and quilt - easily and affordably
Brother CS6000i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with Wide Table
User-friendly and portable, the CS6000i offers a wide range of sewing and quilting features, all at a price that’s easy on your budget. Select from 60 built-in sewing stitches, including decorative stitches and 7 styles of one-step buttonholes; choose from the 9 included presser feet; use the detachable, oversized table for larger projects; and take your machine with you to classes with the included hard carry case. The CS6000i is designed for ease of use, with its easy-to-view backlit LCD display, automatic needle threader, easy-to-follow threading diagrams, and adjustable sewing speed control. Included are a printed Quick Start guide, and a complete instructions manual in English and in Spanish. Enjoy sewing, quilting and crafting with the incredibly value-packed, CS6000i sewing machine!
Simple to use, LCD display stitch selectorWith the touch of a button, you'll select your stitch, and then see the stitch you've chosen on the convenient LCD display screen.
Easy threadingSimply follow the numbered diagram printed on the machine, and you'll have your machine threaded in no time!
Automatic needle threaderJust touch the lever on the side of the machine, and the CS6000i automatically pushes the thread right through the needle.
Easy bobbin windingPrinted on the CS6000i machine is a diagram showing exactly where to place the thread.
Adjustable sewing speedThe stitch speed slide gives you control over how fast or slow you want to sew.
Oversized tableDesigned for quilts and other larger projects, the oversized table gives you the extra space you need to maneuver your project while you work.
Easy-to-see, superbright work areaThe brightly lit sewing area is especially useful when sewing on dark fabrics.
Built-in free arm for sewing cuffs and sleevesPerfect for sewing sleeves, pant legs on childrens' clothing, and other smaller cylindrical items.
The CS6000i… Perfect for all your sewing and quilting projects!
Make a fashion statement!Enjoy creating clothing and accessories that truly match your style! The CS6000i is designed to help you get started quickly, with its many automatic features, and yet comes with many more advanced features that you can 'grow with' over time. Add decorative stitches to a sleeve, create a neat row of buttonholes on a jacket, sew a zipper on a custom-fitted skirt, and create virtually invisible seams with the included blind stitch foot. Dream up your creation, and create it on this extremely affordable, yet feature-packed, machine!
Create quilts with ease!Beginner and experienced quilters alike love the many must-have quilting features included in the CS6000i. The oversized table makes it easy to maneuver larger quilting projects, the walking foot allows for smoother feeding of multiple layers, the quilting foot allows for more accurate placement of your quilting stitches, and the quilting guide helps you sew evenly spaced rows of quilting stitches. With all these features, you'll soon be discovering just how easy it is to create beautiful quilts for your home, family and friends!
Shop in your closet... and re-fashion your wardrobe!A great way to start sewing is to re-fashion items in your own closet. Have fun combining fabrics and textures, and transform clothes you rarely wear into 'front of the closet' favorites. Instead of spending money on alterations, see how easy it is to hem a pair of pants, or take in a seam yourself. The CS6000i includes 27 stitches designed specifically for sewing clothing. Among the included stitches are:
• Overcast and zigzag stitches - to help prevent fabric from fraying
• Basting stitch - to temporarily secure seams; perfect for getting the right fit
• Triple stretch stitch - for reinforcing seams
• Blind hem stitch - for virtually invisible hems on skirts, pants and sleeves
• Buttonhole stitches - 7 different stitches, for lightweight, medium weight and heavier weight fabrics
CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine
Exciting range of 60 built-in stitches
In the box• CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine
About Brother International CorporationBrother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a leading supplier of innovative products for home sewing and embroidery enthusiasts. The company is recognized for its high-quality, state-of-the-art machines and accessories, offering ease of use and flexibility at affordable prices. Brother is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First project that I tackled was to make 2 soft sided travel totes, which I copied from a popular manufacturer. See attached photos. All work, including the quilting and the piping were done on my new Brother, except for a small potion on the inside that was easier to sew by hand.
I had to resort to reading the manual on several occasions, but quickly learned that any malfunction was user error.
PROS: Unbelievably light weight (I can literally lift it with one finger). Great variety of stitches and presser foots. The option to control by hand instead of the traditional foot pedal is great for frequent stops and starts. Feeds smoothly and doesn't choke.
CONS: So light, I nearly knocked it over a few times. Can't really gripe about that...you'll get used to it quickly!
Bottom line is for a ridiculously low price, you'll get a sewing machine that will handle 90% of your projects.
I've never sewn before (save for 8th grade home-etc, which was on a clunky old machine and a terrible experience of constantly fixing the machine and hardly ever sewing). I was interested in learning to quilt but nervous it would be too frustrating to be a fun hobby. I bought this machine with the thought that if I ended up enjoying it, I'd replace it with a nicer machine fairly quickly.
The machine sat in the box for just over a year. But once I finally started using it, I seriously couldn't believe how easy and fun it was. I've since made a Jess Brown rag doll, 3 full-queen size quilts, and 4 baby quilts (in a year and a half). I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth! I've considered buying an upgrade but have decided at this point I don't really want to. My machine sews beautifully, is easy to thread, and never gives me any trouble, which is all I could want at this point. I'm not intimidated by it, which is really important to me (kind of sounds silly but that was my fear!)
For those complete beginners out there, here are my recommendations:
1. If you have a friend who can sew, have them come over to teach you how to load the bobbin, thread the machine, and adjust the tension (I only had to adjust the tension the first day, and since that it's been fine). Once you can do those things, you're basically good to go. A friend can also help with super obvious things.. like on day one I kept getting an error message because I didn't have the foot down, ha)
2. Only use nice thread, and buy extra bobbins. I use Aurafil thread (I figure I'm making things I'll want to keep forever, so it's worth a few extra dollars), and metal bobbins off amazon (despite other reviews that said not to use metal ones.. they work great for me).
3. Buy extra needles and change the needle after each project. If you don't do that, it will like, skip stitches when I zig zag stitch on the binding, or it looks like it leaves bigger holes. (You can you tube how to to do basically anything, like needle changing, with your machine)
4. Buy a nicer ($5) seam ripper than the tiny one it comes with. (I don't use it often but it's so much better when I do)
5. Be prepared to lay down some money for the things you're going to need. I was kind of surprised at how much I needed to buy in order to quilt. Fabric, rotary cutter, rulers, cutting board, binding clips, adhesive spray, etc. but once you have it all you don't really have to replace very often.
6. You can make an entire quilt (including quilting it), on this machine. For binding, I'd recommend the zig zag stitch, because it holds up so much better and also looks nicer (my first quilt I used a straight stitch, and it doesn't lay as flat).
7. Fabric stores are overwhelming. For my first quilt, I went to one of those trendy/boutique style stores that are a bit more expensive, and bought fabric. It gave me a good idea of what brands are more my style (Cotton and steel, art gallery), and now I can buy from fabric.com or big box stores without getting overwhelmed.
I hope this helps someone! The photo is a screenshot from my instagram of the second thing/quilt that I made on this machine.
Enjoy the video for more features and a more in depth review of this sewing machine. Hope this helps! ^_^
But after a boring night when I had nothing to read, I read the booklet through several times, trying to wrap my mind about all the options that this machine offered. If you think the machine is sewing too slowly or quickly, there's a position beneath the computer readout that adjusts to different top speeds, so you don't go faster than you want to. So it's not 100% idiot proof if you don't read the booklet!
Fancy stitches, fancy sewing feet, more is included than with any other machine brand. I quickly went to quilting, learned that zippers are not the work of the sewing devil, and that buttonholes can be made without even looking at the machine! Whenever there's been a problem it was user error, never the machine.
Most recent customer reviews
Definitely recommend this machine.