Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother Genuine TN420 Black Toner Cartridge
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Brother Genuine TN420 Mono Laser Toner Cartridge
- Professional mono laser print quality you can consistently rely on for 1,200 pages*
- Intelligently engineered to work in seamless unison with your Brother printer
- Brother Genuine toner produces crisp, sharp prints that withstand the test of time
- Brother offers an environmentally responsible way for customers to dispose of Brother Genuine cartridges. Visit manufacturer’s website to learn more. *Approx. toner cartridge yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4) "Brother Genuine TN420 is compatible with: MFC7360N, 7460DN, 7860DW & DCP7060D, 7065DN
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
TN420: Standard Yield Black Toner Cartridge
Crisp, professional black and white laser output with 1,200 page yield.(1)
For use with Brother monolaser printer models:
DCP-7060D, DCP-7065DN, IntelliFax-2840, IntelliFAX-2940, HL-2220, HL-2230, HL-2240, HL-2240D, HL-2270DW, HL-2275DW, HL-2280DW, MFC-7240, MFC-7360N, MFC-7365DN, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7860DW.
(1) Approx. page yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4).
Brother Genuine Ink and Toner is Engineered With Excellence
- Trust the longstanding reliability of Brother Genuine Supplies for all of your home and office printing needs.
- Consistent cartridge page yields and superior print quality with crisp black and vivid color reproduction.
- Protect your printer investment: using unreliable aftermarket cartridges may result in damages to your printer that are not covered under warranty.
Brother is Always at Your Side Supporting a Better Environment
- Brother operates green factories with minimal power usage and actively participates in international conservation efforts, such as tree planting and mangrove reforestation.
- Brother offers an environmentally responsible way for customers to dispose of their Brother branded products at end of life.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Motion Trend||Amazon.com||Smart Toners||Smart Toners|
|Item Dimensions||14.1 x 4.4 x 8 in||4.4 x 14.4 x 8 in||7.8 x 14.5 x 4.6 in||4.5 x 14.5 x 9.12 in||14.5 x 16 x 4.5 in||8 x 14.6 x 4.4 in|
|Item Weight||1.54 lbs||7.2 ounces||1.65 lbs||1.52 lbs||3.3 lbs||1.5 lbs|
Brother Genuine TN420 is compatible with: MFC7360N, 7460DN, 7860DW & DCP7060D, 7065DN
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
FYI: when your current cartridge is running low, your printer may stop working. You can take out the cartridge, shake it from left to right a couple of times, reinsert it into the printer, and hit the "GO" button 7 times. You will be able to get hundreds more full quality pages before the toner REALLY runs out.
Kinda lame, but I guess this is how printer companies really make a profit.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off. (error may be flashing)
The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
The printer functioned fine after the reset. I have no idea how long the "fix" will last.
A pox on companies that build devices like this.
ONE YEAR LATER April 16, 2013
So I have had this printer for one year now and I must say, that except for the above problem, it has functioned flawlessly. In retrospect it has proved to be very cost effective and efficient.
ALMOST TWO YEARS LATER February 9, 2014
Many readers have suggested that I should reconsider the one star review.
I appreciate their point, especially as I am coming up on two years of ownership and the printer is still performing well. (Subject to an occasional reset.)
But I just can't get passed what I take to be intentional misinformation by Brother to their customers causing them to buy unneeded toner. That just seems dishonest to me. But I will say this, if I were in the market for a similar printer I believe that the HL-2270DW would be a good choice as long as one knew about the bogus out of toner problem.
I have received feedback from many people who have saved a lot of money by extending the life of their toner cartridges. For that reason more than any other I believe I will let the review stand.
ADDENDUM April 9, 2014
Yesterday the printer decided that I should replace the drum. The drum light would flash and any attempt to print resulted in an error. The last prints looked excellent so I was not about to replace a good drum. I tried a drum reset but it did not work so I did a Brother HL-2270dw - Factory reset and now all is fine.
This is how I did it:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Hold the GO button while you turn the printer on. Hold the button until all the LEDs light up and the Ready LED light turns off.
3. Release GO, all the LEDs will turn off.
4. Press GO ten times. The printer will now restart.
Brother TN450 High Yield Compatible Replacement Toner Cartridge by PDS (1 Pack)
or LD © Compatible High Yield Black Laser Toner Cartridge for Brother TN450
Refill kits go for about $10 per refill. Check Ink Owl, and view their Youtube video. You can refill your Brother cartridges indefinitely, as long as your drum unit is good. Drum units for the 2270W (DR-420) are rated at 12000 pages. Available on ebay for about $30.
You can even refill the starter cartridge that comes with the printer! To do this, you need a "flag gear", which costs about $6.
Refilling cartridges is a messy business. You pretty much need to have a change of work clothes available, a vacuum, dust mask, gloves, and access to an area that can get grimy. After all, ruining a nice suit or dress or needing a rug shampoo negates the savings.
I've started resetting the toner count to get more life out of these drums, and I am currently on my third reset of the same cartridge with no decreased performance. Later I will try to advise my max life out of this unit.
The procedure to reset the drum page count on the 7065 DN printer is as follows:
1. Open the drum door
2. Press the "Clear" button
3. Press the "Start" button
4. Press the down arrow
5. Press the up arrow
6. Press OK.
*** Update: To address an error above, I stated third reset, should have been the second reset/third cycle.
I made it about halfway through my third cycle before seeing noticeable light and dark areas on my pages.***