Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $18.14 shipping
+ $18.14 shipping
SquareTrade 4-year Office Protection Plan ($450-$500)from SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Brother HL5450DN High-Speed Laser Printer With Networking and Duplex, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Price:||$497.99 + $18.64 shipping|
This product includes Amazon Dash Replenishment technology that you can set up to automatically reorder ink or toner when running low. This service is optional and can be changed at any time.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Prints up to 40ppm
- Built-in Ethernet network interface
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- High-yield replacement toner cartridge available*
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The HL-5450DN is a monochrome laser printer with a built-in Ethernet network interface. Ideal for offices or small workgroups, it features reliable, fast printing at up to 40ppm and automatic duplex (two-sided) printing. Plus, it provides flexible paper handling via its 300-sheet paper capacity, and uses a high-yield 8,000-page replacement toner cartridge* to help lower running costs.
From the Manufacturer
with automatic duplex printing
a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray
is available for low cost output
The HL-5450DN is a cost-efficient, reliable monochrome laser printer that is perfect for busy offices or small workgroups. Featuring a print speed of up to 40 ppm, you can stop waiting for your print jobs and move onto other important tasks. The HL-5450DN offers a print resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi and produces professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, or other important business documents with crisp text and excellent graphics. Plus, use the automatic duplex printing feature to create two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets. For organizations concerned with security, the HL-5450DN offers several advanced security features including: secure function lock, enterprise security (802.1x), and more.
- Fast printing up to 40 ppm
- Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace
- 300-sheet paper capacity, expandable3
- High-yield 8,000-page4 replacement toner cartridge available3
- Advanced security features including: secure function lock, enterprise security (802.1x), and more
- High-quality output at up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Toner save mode to help save toner when printing less critical business documents
Flexible Connectivity with Convenient Mobile Device Printing1
Share this printer with others on your network via its Ethernet interface. For local connectivity, a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface is available. Also, wirelessly print from your mobile device via 1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace.
Versatile Paper Handling
The HL-5450DN can meet all of your printing needs via an adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray2 that handles letter or legal size paper, and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray2 for printing a variety of media sizes and letterhead. You can also add an optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray3 to increase total capacity to 800 sheets and for the flexibility of storing letter and legal size paper. In addition, a straight-through paper path via the multi-purpose tray and rear paper tray ensures your letterhead and envelopes always look their best.
Cost-Efficient Output and Money-Saving Features
The HL-5450DN ships with a standard yield 3,000-page4 toner cartridge that delivers a low cost per page. For an even lower cost per page, a high-yield 8,000-page4 toner cartridge (TN-750) is also available.3 The HL-5450DN is also ENERGY STAR qualified and offers a Deep Sleep mode to help reduce your energy costs.
You also can help save money by using Toner Save Mode and N-in-1 printing to minimize paper and toner usage by automatically reducing two, four, nine, 16, or 25 pages onto one page.
- Paper Size (maximum): Up to 8.5 x 14 inches (legal size)
- Print Speed (maximum): Up to 40 ppm
- Time to First Page5: Less than 8.5 seconds
- Print Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Processor: 400 MHz
- Emulations: PCL6, BR-Script36, IBM Proprinter, Epson FX
- Duplex Printing Capability: Yes
- Paper Input Capacity (maximum)2: 250-sheet capacity paper tray, 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray
- Optional Input Capacity (maximum3)2: 500-sheet capacity paper tray
- Output Capacity (maximum)2: 150 sheets (face down), 1 sheet (face up)
- Media Types: Plain paper, recycled paper, bond, labels and envelopes
- Media Weights: Standard paper tray – 16 to 28 pounds; Manual feed slot – 16 to 43 pounds
- Print Driver Settings7: Toner Save, N-in-1 Printing, Watermark, Poster Printing, ID Print, Custom Print Profiles, Booklet Printing
- Memory (std. / max.3): 64 MB/320 MB
- Standard Interfaces: Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Mobile Device Compatibility1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP / XP Professional x64 / Server 2003 / 2008
- Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
|Max Print Speed||40 ppm||40 ppm||40 ppm||42 ppm||42 ppm|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (std. / max.)||64 MB / 320 MB3||128 MB / 384 MB3||128 MB / 384 MB3||128 MB / 384 MB3||128 MB / 384 MB3|
|Input Paper Capacity (std. / max.)||250 sheets/ 750 sheets3||250 sheets/ 750 sheets3||750 sheets/ 750 sheets||500 sheets/ 1,000 sheets3||1,000 sheets/ 1,000 sheets|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (max. pages)||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11 b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility1||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|Replacement Toner Yields3 (approx. yield)||3,000 or 8,0004||3,000 or 8,0004||3,000 or 8,0004||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0004||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0004|
1. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
2. Maximum capacity based on using 20 pound (bond) paper.
3. Requires additional purchase.
4. Approximate yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4).
5. From ready mode and standard tray.
6. PostScript3 compatible.
7. Some advanced features are not supported under all operating systems or drivers. Refer to User’s Guide at www.brother.com
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
"Verify you are using a NEW Brother toner cartridge. When replacing the toner cartridge, you MUST install a brand new, unused genuine Brother toner cartridge in order to reset the toner status. Swapping toner cartridges from one machine to another or installing a partially used toner cartridge may cause this problem. Brother machines control their image quality for the most suitable print quality by monitoring toner consumption. If you install a partially used toner cartridge, your Brother machine is unable to recognize toner consumption correctly which will cause this problem. Therefore, when you replace the toner cartridge, please use a brand new toner cartridge, not a partially used toner cartridge from another machine." Accessed 18 April 2014.
There probably is some workaround. But if so, it's very hard for an average consumer to find, and i haven't found it despite more than an hour of looking in the obvious places.
The sole reason I have bought Brother printers in the past--as opposed to, say, HP printers--is that there was a good and compatible aftermarket so I wasn't locked in to Brother monopoly prices for cartridges. Alas, Brother has appeared to succumb to the short-term profit making incentives of many of its competitors. Unless Brother changes its policy on its low-end laser printers such as the HL-5450DN, I will no longer be a Brother customer.
I have given the machine two stars rather than one because the machine itself is excellent. But since the major cost of a machine is the consumables and providing an inexpensive black and white laser printer is no longer exceptional, I have taken three stars off. As a practical matter, a machine with high consumables cost is a one star machine for my purposes. But this may not be relevant if you don't do much printing and just want a functional, inexpensive black and white laser printer. I also feel that Brother should be penalized for not prominently disclosing its intent to disallow third party replacement cartridges. Shame on Brother!