Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 24, 2008
My last printer only had a single paper tray. I frequently had to manually insert legal sized paper into the multi purpose tray. What a nuisance! Now, when I want to print on legal, I just select "Legal" and out it comes. I love having this feature. Obviously, if you only print on one type of media, this option isn't for you. But if you like to use a different paper color etcetera, this is a real frustration saver. Also, this tray is able to handle a full ream of paper so I use this tray for my standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper and I use the original tray for special media. This saves me having to reload the paper tray so frequently. Did I mention that I love this addition?
on November 12, 2007
This extra paper tray was a cinch to install. Just set the printer on top of it into pre-set slots. The printer takes care of recognizing the unit. It adds capacity and flexibility. I use mine for either stationary or checks to be printed, while keeping the other tray for standard white paper. I use the printer wirelessly, and this paper tray has performed flawlessly. I'm very happy with it.
on April 7, 2010
I bought this for my MFC-9840CDW printer. Simply unpack the tray, set the printer on top properly (align the guides) and both the printer and the driver recognize it at once. I changed the driver settings to make Tray 2 the default paper tray and never looked back. One neat feature is the driver has a pictorial view of the printer showing the active paper source i.e., Tray 2, Tray 1 or the Multi-Purpose (MP) tray. Works Great!
on March 19, 2015
Didn't really *need* the optional tray, but since these printers have been discontinued, I was able to pick this new, old stock item for a deep discount.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 13, 2010
The Brother Optional Paper Tray is easy to set up and use.

The advantage to having the tray is the convenience of not having to load paper into the Multi Function Machine as frequently.

The only thing I don't like about the product is even though the Multi Function Machine recognizes the paper tray it does not provide an option to use the tray as the second choice after the MP tray.
on January 6, 2011
Installation couldn't be easier, instructions very clear (1,2,3). I don't know how I lived without this ad on, I use multiple sized paper, legal and letter on a daily basis. This simple ad on tray is awesome!!! Now I just select the paper size and my printer knows which tray has the selected size. Let's not forget the massive paper capacity this thing gives you - Woohoooo
on September 18, 2012
Having this extra tray is a handy option for me. My reports vary between legal & letter sized paper and now all I do, instead of getting up to change paper, I choose the correct tray and I'm done.

Installs in a flash (be careful as the printer is heavy...at least 2 people needed).
on April 30, 2009
It is a great product which allows you to have a second type of paper such as letter in this tray since it holds 500 sheets and the main tray can have legal paper in it which has 250 sheet capacity. This really broadens the printer capabilities. Amazon's delivery was fantastic. I have no problems with them at all and will feel safe using them in the future.
on September 22, 2010
It was a matter of setting the tray on the workspace and setting the printer on top of it, and making a couple of changes in the printer menu. I don't think I have had any product that was so easy to set up. I love it. It automatically switches to 11 or 14 inch paper. I think it is way overpriced for a "piece of plastic," but that's my personal opinion.
on February 10, 2014
Fit and worked flawlessly. Paper feeds nicely through the unit. Easy installation and setup. Nice to be able to put a different paper in it and be selectable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question