Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother Printer MFC8710DW Wireless Monochrome Prin..." and save 5% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $37.08 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother Printer MFC8710DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Price:||$553.54 + $26.34 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Print and copy at up to 40 ppm
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces
- Legal-size document glass
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing and 300-sheet paper capacity (expandable).
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The MFC-8710DW is a high-speed laser all-in-one with wired and wireless networking. Ideal for businesses or small workgroups, it combines reliable, monochrome printing and copying up to 40ppm, color scanning and faxing. Plus, it offers automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, a legal-size document glass, a 300-sheet paper capacity, and a 50-page capacity automatic document feeder.
From the Manufacturer
and copying bound materials
The MFC-8710DW is a cost-efficient, monochrome laser all-in-one that is ideal for busy offices or small workgroups. It combines reliable, fast printing and copying at up to 40ppm, high-quality color scanning, and faxing. In addition, the MFC-8710DW features automatic duplex printing, built-in wireless and Ethernet networking for sharing with others, mobile device printing1, and flexible paper handling.
- Fast printing and copying up to 40ppm
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- 300-sheet paper capacity, expandable4
- Legal-size document glass for scanning / copying bound materials
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder
- High-yield 8,000-page3 replacement toner cartridge available4
- USB Direct Interface to print from or scan to your USB flash memory drive5
- Advanced security features including: Secure printing, Secure function lock, Enterprise security (802.1x), and more
Feature Rich with Exceptional Performance
The MFC-8710DW features fast print and copy speeds of up to 40ppm, so you can stop waiting for your documents and move onto other important tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, or other important business documents, and use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets. Plus, when copying and faxing, you can produce two-sided output from one-sided originals.
With the convenient USB Direct Interface, you can easily print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive5. And, for organizations concerned with security, the MFC-8710DW offers several advanced security features including: Secure Print, Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x), and more.
is available for low cost output
Flexible Connectivity with Convenient Mobile Device Printing1
Eliminate extra cables via built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n networking. Plus, print, scan, or PC fax6 via your Ethernet or wireless network. For local connectivity, a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface is also available, and the MFC-8710DW lets you wirelessly print from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct.
In addition, the MFC-8710DW supports wireless scanning1 (JPEG, PDF, web page, and e-mail14) from your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only) via the Brother iPrint&Scan free app download.
Advanced Scanning Capabilities
The MFC-8710DW offers document scanning and management solutions to easily share, archive, or edit your paper-based documents electronically. With up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) scanning resolution, you can create high-quality color scans in a variety of file formats including: PDF, Secure PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and more. Scan multi-page documents using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder or use the legal-size document glass for bound materials.
Enjoy a wide range of scanning options including: E-mail, file, image, and OCR. You can also scan documents directly to a FTP server or e-mail scanned documents directly to your e-mail server7. Plus, you can scan and save electronic documents directly to an internally shared location on your network8 for easy access to information.
The MFC-8710DW includes both TWAIN and WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) scanner drivers and Nuance PaperPort SE with OCR for Windows and Presto! PageManager with OCR for Mac for greater flexibility.
Cost-Efficient Output with Money-Saving Features
The MFC-8710DW ships with a standard 3,000-page3 toner cartridge that delivers a low cost per page. For an even lower cost per page, a high-yield 8,000-page3 toner cartridge (TN-750) is also available4. In addition, the MFC-8710DW is ENERGY STAR Qualified and offers a Deep Sleep mode to help reduce your energy costs. You also can help save money by using the following features:
- Toner Save Mode for printing your less critical business documents
- PC Fax to send and receive faxes directly from your computer without having to print them9.
- N-in-1 printing and copying to help reduce paper and toner usage by combining multiple pages onto one page.
What's in the Box
MFC-8710DW; Starter Toner Cartridge; DR-720 Drum Unit; Quick Set Up; Basic User’s Guide; Installation CD; AC Power Cord; Telephone Line Cord
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- USB Direct Interface5 / PictBridge: Yes / No
- Paper Size (maximum): Up to 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Print Speed (maximum): Up to 40ppm
- Print Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Memory (standard / maximum4): 64 MB / 320 MB
- Duplex Printing Capability: Yes
- Paper Input Capacity (maximum)13: 250-sheet capacity paper tray, 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray
- Output Capacity (maximum)13: 150 sheets (face down), 1 sheet (face up)
- Auto Document Feeder: Up to 50 pages
- Copy Speed (maximum): Up to 40cpm
- Copy Resolution (maximum): 1200 x 600 dpi
- Reduction / Enlargement : 25 - 400% in 1% increments
- Copy Options: Sorting, N-in-1, Multi-copying (up to 99), ID copy
- Scanner Type: Color Flatbed with ADF
- Document Glass Size: 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Scan Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (optical)
- Scan To Capability: File, Image, E-mail, OCR, FTP, USB, E-mail Server7, Network Folder (CIFS)8
- Document Viewer / OCR Software: Nuance PaperPort 12SE w/ OCR for Windows; Presto! PageManager9 w/ OCR for Mac
- Fax Modem: 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (maximum)11: Up to 500 pages
- One Touch / Speed Dial Locations: 16 / 300
- PC Fax Capability12: Yes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: XP / XP Professional X64 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2003 / 200810
- Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
- Unit Dimensions: 19.3" x 16.3" x 17.6"
- Carton Dimensions: 23.4" x 21" x 23.8"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 35.9 lbs. / 44.1 lbs.
|Maximum Print / Copy Speeds||38ppm||40ppm||42ppm||42ppm||42ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||64 MB / 320 MB4||64 MB / 320 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||500 sheets / 1000 sheets4||1000 sheets / 1000 sheets|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|ADF Capacity (maximum pages)||35||50||50||50||50|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Duplex Scanning||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Document Glass Size||Letter||Legal||Legal||Legal||Legal|
|Modem Speed (maximum)||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps|
|Mobile Device Compatibility1||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|LCD Display||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect|
|USB Direct Interface||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Toner Yields4||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003|
1. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
2. PDF, JPEG, and XPS files.
3. Approx. toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).
4. Requires additional purchase.
5. PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files (scan only). USB flash memory drive not included.
6. See system requirements chart on www.brother.com.
7. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support. Download from http://solutions.brother.com.
8. Windows only.
9. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS.
10. Server 2003/2008 network printing only.
11. Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and std. resolution.
12. Black and white only. PC Fax Receive not available for Mac users.
13. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It took less than 10 min. to unpack, read the instructions, and set up wirelessly. The instructions are clear as long as you follow the table of contents and page numbers according to your computer network setup. Once the printer was connected, I intiated a print job from my Macbook Air and it automatically downloaded the software and drivers (no need to use the installation CD). I did have to search for "Brother" to locate where the program downloaded to so I could place a shortcut on the desktop. Scanning is quick and easy.
AirPrint works quickly and easily with my iPad. You can also download the Brother app to scan to an iOS device.
As for printing and scanning speed, to me it's really fast because I had been using a Canon multi function laser printer for the last seven years. I have not used the ADF much yet but it seems to work fine. The durability and frequency of paper jams is what needs to be evaluated after a long period of usage. I will update my review if there are any issues.
Another plus for this printer is the printing cost in the long run. There is an available Brother high yield toner cartridge that costs about $90 which prints up to 8,000 pages. I had been paying $70 for my Canon which printed about 2,400 pages.
-laser toner cartidge (cheap cost in the long run with the high yield cartidge)
-wireless and USB connectivity (but you can't use both at the same time)
-AirPrint compatible for iOS devices
-easy installation and user friendly printing, scanning, copying (can also fax but I don't plan on using it)
-has a flatbed and ADF (holds 50 pages)
-for me, monochrome is a pro because I don't need to print in color
-good value (paid $299 on Amazon)
-printed documents and clean and clear
-can't use USB and wireless at the same time
After shopping online for 8-10 hours trying to figure what best fit my needs, I think this one is a winner for the error-free set up, ease of use, and low operating costs. And to think I almost went with an inkjet...
Now, I have over 20 years experience in IT, on both Windows and Macs, but the majority is on Mac networks. The network in my small business is all Mac, with an occasional visiting Windows PC. Apple has an "Extreme" router that negates the WiFi that's built into the printer. The printer is plugged in (via USB) directly to the router, and the router acts as a server for the printer. Anyone connected to the router is also connected to the printer automatically -- even if it's a Windows PC. Fairly sweet, though I did test the printer's WiFi also, and it was simple to set up (by reading the instructions) and was in operation in no time.
It was then I think I found a little "gotcha" in the set-up. Before I turned on the printer's WiFi, the printer would go into "Sleep" followed shortly by "Deep Sleep." I do not know the difference in wattage used between the two sleep modes. Both modes are equally quiet and you cannot tell the difference unless you read it on the display, but I assume that the "Deep Sleep" is saving more electricity.
After I set-up WiFi on the printer, though, it would never go into "Deep Sleep" mode again. I assumed it was the WiFi that caused it, though I can't be 100% sure. I say that because it was the only major parameter that I changed, and when I reset the printer to its default set-up, thereby turning off WiFi in the printer, "Deep Sleep" returned. In my environment, it didn't matter because I have wireless printing through my router, but it may be something to check if you plan to use the printer's WiFi as your primary connection. Though there may not be a huge wattage savings between the two, "Deep Sleep" sounds nice as a printer uses a relatively high amount of electricity, and any additional savings is welcomed.
I have not printed many multiple pages of the same document yet, but judging by the speed of the first page out, this thing is fast. Just seconds after clicking "Print", the printer comes alive and spits out the page. And what a beautiful page it is. Setting the ppi (pixels per inch) is a manual change, otherwise the default is either 300 or 600, both look very good. But 1200, especially with graphics, is really sweet especially on higher quality paper than plain copier paper. Plain copier paper is usually 20-pound bond with an 88-92 brightness, but I use 24-pound bond with a 96 brightness. Yes, it costs a little more, but looks *much* nicer.
The only feature this printer is missing from its bigger "brother" (pun intended) is that this printer does not do duplex scanning, though they both do duplex printing. Duplex scanning would likely be needed if you often copied (or scanned) a lot of two sided documents. If that's not a real need for you, this is the printer to get.
I've only had the printer for a week, but it's quite impressive. Very fast from the first page on, nice crisp blacks, super-sharp 1200-ppi printing (and scanning), fairly intuitive ... I couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend it for anyone needing the speed and features.
My older MFC is heading to my son at his university. He's very glad to get it.
update: it's been 5 months and suddenly the pages show smudges. I called Brother and they inform me that's not a toner issue, the machine itself is defective. the Brother employee informs me that there are no new MFC8710DW that they can send me as a replacement, so I will have to accept a used refurbished machine with a limited warranty. the High Yield Toner TN750 that i bought is now outside warranty despite the fact that it is a Brother Original product and that it is high yield, meant to be used for more than merely 90 days. Save your money and time and effort and buy another product entirely.