Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother Printer MFC8710DW Wireless Monochrome Prin..." and save 20% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $28.98 shipping
Brother Printer MFC8710DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Price:||$425.99 + $65.55 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Print and copy at up to 40 ppm
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces
- Legal-size document glass
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing and 300-sheet paper capacity (expandable).
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Brother Printer MFC8710DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Shipping||$65.55||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Michael's Mart(No Tax)||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless;USB||Wi-Fi; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB|
|Item Dimensions||19.3 x 16.3 x 17.6 in||16.1 x 15.7 x 12.5 in||16.1 x 15.7 x 12.5 in||16.1 x 15.7 x 12.5 in||16.1 x 15.7 x 12.5 in||16.1 x 15.7 x 10.5 in|
|Item Weight||35.9 lbs||25.8 lbs||24.9 lbs||25.4 lbs||24.5 lbs||21.2 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||40 pages_per_minute||30 pages_per_minute||26 pages_per_minute||30 pages_per_minute||30 pages_per_minute||26 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Printer Output||Black and White||Monochrome||Monochrome||Monochrome||Monochrome||Monochrome|
|Resolution||1200 x 1200||—||—||—||—||—|
|Additional Features||auto-duplex||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Duplex|
The MFC-8710DW is a high-speed laser all-in-one with wired and wireless networking. Ideal for businesses or small workgroups, it combines reliable, monochrome printing and copying up to 40ppm, color scanning and faxing. Plus, it offers automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, a legal-size document glass, a 300-sheet paper capacity, and a 50-page capacity automatic document feeder.
From the Manufacturer
and copying bound materials
The MFC-8710DW is a cost-efficient, monochrome laser all-in-one that is ideal for busy offices or small workgroups. It combines reliable, fast printing and copying at up to 40ppm, high-quality color scanning, and faxing. In addition, the MFC-8710DW features automatic duplex printing, built-in wireless and Ethernet networking for sharing with others, mobile device printing1, and flexible paper handling.
- Fast printing and copying up to 40ppm
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- 300-sheet paper capacity, expandable4
- Legal-size document glass for scanning / copying bound materials
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder
- High-yield 8,000-page3 replacement toner cartridge available4
- USB Direct Interface to print from or scan to your USB flash memory drive5
- Advanced security features including: Secure printing, Secure function lock, Enterprise security (802.1x), and more
Feature Rich with Exceptional Performance
The MFC-8710DW features fast print and copy speeds of up to 40ppm, so you can stop waiting for your documents and move onto other important tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, or other important business documents, and use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures, and booklets. Plus, when copying and faxing, you can produce two-sided output from one-sided originals.
With the convenient USB Direct Interface, you can easily print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive5. And, for organizations concerned with security, the MFC-8710DW offers several advanced security features including: Secure Print, Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x), and more.
is available for low cost output
Flexible Connectivity with Convenient Mobile Device Printing1
Eliminate extra cables via built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n networking. Plus, print, scan, or PC fax6 via your Ethernet or wireless network. For local connectivity, a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface is also available, and the MFC-8710DW lets you wirelessly print from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct.
In addition, the MFC-8710DW supports wireless scanning1 (JPEG, PDF, web page, and e-mail14) from your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only) via the Brother iPrint&Scan free app download.
Advanced Scanning Capabilities
The MFC-8710DW offers document scanning and management solutions to easily share, archive, or edit your paper-based documents electronically. With up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) scanning resolution, you can create high-quality color scans in a variety of file formats including: PDF, Secure PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and more. Scan multi-page documents using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder or use the legal-size document glass for bound materials.
Enjoy a wide range of scanning options including: E-mail, file, image, and OCR. You can also scan documents directly to a FTP server or e-mail scanned documents directly to your e-mail server7. Plus, you can scan and save electronic documents directly to an internally shared location on your network8 for easy access to information.
The MFC-8710DW includes both TWAIN and WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) scanner drivers and Nuance PaperPort SE with OCR for Windows and Presto! PageManager with OCR for Mac for greater flexibility.
Cost-Efficient Output with Money-Saving Features
The MFC-8710DW ships with a standard 3,000-page3 toner cartridge that delivers a low cost per page. For an even lower cost per page, a high-yield 8,000-page3 toner cartridge (TN-750) is also available4. In addition, the MFC-8710DW is ENERGY STAR Qualified and offers a Deep Sleep mode to help reduce your energy costs. You also can help save money by using the following features:
- Toner Save Mode for printing your less critical business documents
- PC Fax to send and receive faxes directly from your computer without having to print them9.
- N-in-1 printing and copying to help reduce paper and toner usage by combining multiple pages onto one page.
What's in the Box
MFC-8710DW; Starter Toner Cartridge; DR-720 Drum Unit; Quick Set Up; Basic User’s Guide; Installation CD; AC Power Cord; Telephone Line Cord
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- USB Direct Interface5 / PictBridge: Yes / No
- Paper Size (maximum): Up to 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Print Speed (maximum): Up to 40ppm
- Print Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Memory (standard / maximum4): 64 MB / 320 MB
- Duplex Printing Capability: Yes
- Paper Input Capacity (maximum)13: 250-sheet capacity paper tray, 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray
- Output Capacity (maximum)13: 150 sheets (face down), 1 sheet (face up)
- Auto Document Feeder: Up to 50 pages
- Copy Speed (maximum): Up to 40cpm
- Copy Resolution (maximum): 1200 x 600 dpi
- Reduction / Enlargement : 25 - 400% in 1% increments
- Copy Options: Sorting, N-in-1, Multi-copying (up to 99), ID copy
- Scanner Type: Color Flatbed with ADF
- Document Glass Size: 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Scan Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (optical)
- Scan To Capability: File, Image, E-mail, OCR, FTP, USB, E-mail Server7, Network Folder (CIFS)8
- Document Viewer / OCR Software: Nuance PaperPort 12SE w/ OCR for Windows; Presto! PageManager9 w/ OCR for Mac
- Fax Modem: 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (maximum)11: Up to 500 pages
- One Touch / Speed Dial Locations: 16 / 300
- PC Fax Capability12: Yes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: XP / XP Professional X64 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2003 / 200810
- Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
- Unit Dimensions: 19.3" x 16.3" x 17.6"
- Carton Dimensions: 23.4" x 21" x 23.8"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 35.9 lbs. / 44.1 lbs.
|Maximum Print / Copy Speeds||38ppm||40ppm||42ppm||42ppm||42ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||64 MB / 320 MB4||64 MB / 320 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||500 sheets / 1000 sheets4||1000 sheets / 1000 sheets|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|ADF Capacity (maximum pages)||35||50||50||50||50|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Duplex Scanning||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Document Glass Size||Letter||Legal||Legal||Legal||Legal|
|Modem Speed (maximum)||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps|
|Mobile Device Compatibility1||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|LCD Display||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect|
|USB Direct Interface||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Toner Yields4||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003|
1. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
2. PDF, JPEG, and XPS files.
3. Approx. toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).
4. Requires additional purchase.
5. PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files (scan only). USB flash memory drive not included.
6. See system requirements chart on www.brother.com.
7. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support. Download from http://solutions.brother.com.
8. Windows only.
9. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS.
10. Server 2003/2008 network printing only.
11. Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and std. resolution.
12. Black and white only. PC Fax Receive not available for Mac users.
13. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper.
Top customer reviews
-The scanning software is very easy for end-users, even inexperienced ones.
-It has ISIS driver support for the scanner, which is important for some enterprise applications.
-Typically prints very well and fast.
-Price is very competitive.
-Drivers/Firmware is easy to find on the support section of the website, this is an important feature for IT.
Now onto the bad, which is the main reason that I'm dropping this from a would-be 5 star to 2:
-There is a serious defect in these machines, which is the fuser assembly. Today I am staring down the barrel of my 5th MFC (!!!) that is basically a paperweight now due to the fact that the fuser roller has crumpled and causes a jam on every single print. Note that most of these machines were less than a year old at the time of failure, and the rest less than 2 years old.
-To add insult to injury, you can't buy the fuser or service information directly from Brother, they consider this to be "internal information". Only authorized servicers are allowed this information.
-If you don't have authorized servicers in your area, which you likely won't unless you are in a big city, you will have to sort of guess at the part # and buy it online, where it is marked up to well over half the cost of the printer.
Note: This flaw occurs across the 8710 and 8910 product lines, so be wary of either one.
Anyway, the TL;DR - This is a good machine, aside from the one fatal flaw it has, which unfortunately is proving to be unusually common. Go onto Brother's service locator site and make sure you have a servicer in your area if you plan to buy one, and if you don't, you better be buying a warranty, because you will need it.
It took less than 10 min. to unpack, read the instructions, and set up wirelessly. The instructions are clear as long as you follow the table of contents and page numbers according to your computer network setup. Once the printer was connected, I intiated a print job from my Macbook Air and it automatically downloaded the software and drivers (no need to use the installation CD). I did have to search for "Brother" to locate where the program downloaded to so I could place a shortcut on the desktop. Scanning is quick and easy.
AirPrint works quickly and easily with my iPad. You can also download the Brother app to scan to an iOS device.
As for printing and scanning speed, to me it's really fast because I had been using a Canon multi function laser printer for the last seven years. I have not used the ADF much yet but it seems to work fine. The durability and frequency of paper jams is what needs to be evaluated after a long period of usage. I will update my review if there are any issues.
Another plus for this printer is the printing cost in the long run. There is an available Brother high yield toner cartridge that costs about $90 which prints up to 8,000 pages. I had been paying $70 for my Canon which printed about 2,400 pages.
-laser toner cartidge (cheap cost in the long run with the high yield cartidge)
-wireless and USB connectivity (but you can't use both at the same time)
-AirPrint compatible for iOS devices
-easy installation and user friendly printing, scanning, copying (can also fax but I don't plan on using it)
-has a flatbed and ADF (holds 50 pages)
-for me, monochrome is a pro because I don't need to print in color
-good value (paid $299 on Amazon)
-printed documents and clean and clear
-can't use USB and wireless at the same time
After shopping online for 8-10 hours trying to figure what best fit my needs, I think this one is a winner for the error-free set up, ease of use, and low operating costs. And to think I almost went with an inkjet...