Brother Printer MFC8910DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the toner level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Print and copy at up to 42ppm
- Automatic duplex print/copy/scan/fax
- Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet network interfaces
- Legal-size document glass and 50-page capacity auto document feeder.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Brother Printer MFC8910DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||WORMHOLE TRADING||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||V4INK||LXTEK|
|Color||Black||Black||Black||NA||1 Drum||(2) Toners|
|Item Dimensions||19.3 x 16.3 x 17.6 in||10.1 x 14.3 x 6.5 in||8.2 x 14.2 x 6.1 in||6.8 x 16.4 x 7 in||20.67 x 66.93 x 34.45 in||—|
|Item Weight||36.8 lbs||2.15 lbs||1.95 lbs||8 lbs||2 lbs||—|
The MFC-8910DW is a high-speed laser all-in-one with wired and wireless networking. Ideal for businesses or small workgroups, it combines reliable, monochrome printing and copying up to 42ppm, color scanning and faxing. Plus, it offers automatic duplex (two-sided) print/copy/scan/fax, a legal-size document glass, a 300-sheet paper capacity, and a 1 year on-site limited warranty
From the Manufacturer
The MFC-8910DW is a cost-efficient, monochrome laser all-in-one that is ideal for busy offices or small workgroups. It combines reliable, fast printing and copying at up to 42ppm, high-quality color scanning, and faxing. In addition, the MFC-8910DW features advanced duplex capabilities, built-in wireless and Ethernet networking for sharing with others, mobile device printing1, and flexible paper handling.
- Fast printing and copying up to 42ppm
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Single-pass, duplex scanning/copying simultaneously scans both sides of the page
- 300-sheet paper capacity, expandable4
- Legal-size document glass for scanning / copying bound materials
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder
- High-yield 8,000-page3 replacement toner cartridge available4
- USB Direct Interface to print from or scan to your USB flash memory drive5
- Advanced security features including: Secure printing, Secure function lock, Enterprise security (802.1x), and more
Feature Rich with Exceptional Performance
The MFC-8910DW features fast print and copy speeds of up to 42ppm, so you can stop waiting for your documents and move onto other important tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, or other important business documents, and use the automatic duplex printing feature to help save paper and reduce costs. Plus, single-pass, two-sided scanning / copying / faxing simultaneously scans both sides of the page. This feature allows you to quickly produce two-sided copies/scans/faxes from one or two-sided originals.
With the convenient USB Direct Interface, you can easily print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive5. And, for organizations concerned with security, the MFC-8910DW offers several advanced security features including: Secure Print, Secure Function Lock, Enterprise Security (802.1x), and more.
Flexible Connectivity with Convenient Mobile Device Printing1
Eliminate extra cables via built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n networking. Plus, print, scan, or PC fax6 via your Ethernet or wireless network. For local connectivity, a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface is also available, and the MFC-8910DW lets you wirelessly print from your mobile device via1: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct.
In addition, the MFC-8910DW supports wireless scanning1 (JPEG, PDF, web page, and e-mail14) from your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only) via the Brother iPrint&Scan free app download.
Advanced Scanning Capabilities
The MFC-8910DW offers document scanning and management solutions to easily share, archive, or edit your paper-based documents electronically. With up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) scanning resolution, you can create high-quality color scans in a variety of file formats including: PDF, Secure PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and more. Scan multi-page documents using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder or use the legal-size document glass for bound materials.
Enjoy a wide range of scanning options including: E-mail, file, image, and OCR. You can also scan documents directly to a FTP server or e-mail scanned documents directly to your e-mail server7. Plus, you can scan and save electronic documents directly to an internally shared location on your network8 for easy access to information.
The MFC-8910DW includes both TWAIN and WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) scanner drivers and Nuance PaperPort SE with OCR for Windows and Presto! PageManager with OCR for Mac for greater flexibility.
Cost-Efficient Output with Money-Saving Features
The MFC-8910DW ships with a standard 3,000-page3 toner cartridge that delivers a low cost per page. For an even lower cost per page, a high-yield 8,000-page3 toner cartridge (TN-750) is also available4. In addition, the MFC-8910DW is ENERGY STAR Qualified and offers a Deep Sleep mode to help reduce your energy costs. You also can help save money by using the following features:
- Toner Save Mode for printing your less critical business documents
- PC Fax to send and receive faxes directly from your computer without having to print them9.
- N-in-1 printing and copying to help reduce paper and toner usage by combining multiple pages onto one page.
What's in the Box
MFC-8910DW; Starter Toner Cartridge; DR-720 Drum Unit; Quick Set Up; Basic User’s Guide; Installation CD; AC Power Cord; Telephone Line Cord
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- USB Direct Interface5 / PictBridge: Yes / No
- Paper Size (maximum): Up to 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Print Speed (maximum): Up to 42ppm
- Print Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Memory (standard / maximum4): 128 MB / 384 MB
- Duplex Printing Capability: Yes
- Paper Input Capacity (maximum)13: 250-sheet capacity paper tray, 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray
- Output Capacity (maximum)13: 150 sheets (face down), 1 sheet (face up)
- Auto Document Feeder: Up to 50 pages
- Copy Speed (maximum): Up to 42cpm
- Copy Resolution (maximum): 1200 x 600 dpi
- Reduction / Enlargement : 25 - 400% in 1% increments
- Copy Options: Sorting, N-in-1, Multi-copying (up to 99), ID copy
- Scanner Type: Color Flatbed with ADF
- Document Glass Size: 8.5" x 14" (legal)
- Scan Resolution (maximum): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (optical), up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated)
- Scan To Capability: File, Image, E-mail, OCR, FTP, USB, E-mail Server7, Network Folder (CIFS)8
- Document Viewer / OCR Software: Nuance PaperPort 12SE w/ OCR for Windows; Presto! PageManager9 w/ OCR for Mac
- Fax Modem: 33.6K bps
- Fax Page Memory (maximum)11: Up to 500 pages
- One Touch / Speed Dial Locations: 16 / 300
- PC Fax Capability12: Yes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows: XP / XP Professional X64 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2003 / 200810
- Mac: Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
- Unit Dimensions: 19.3" x 16.3" x 17.6"
- Carton Dimensions: 23.4" x 21" x 23.8"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 36.8 lbs. / 45 lbs.
|Maximum Print / Copy Speeds||38ppm||40ppm||42ppm||42ppm||42ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||64 MB / 320 MB4||64 MB / 320 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB4||128 MB / 384 MB|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||250 sheets / 750 sheets4||500 sheets / 1000 sheets4||1000 sheets / 1000 sheets|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|ADF Capacity (maximum pages)||35||50||50||50||50|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Duplex Scanning||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Document Glass Size||Letter||Legal||Legal||Legal||Legal|
|Modem Speed (maximum)||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps|
|Mobile Device Compatibility1||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|LCD Display||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect||5-inch Color Touchscreen with Web Connect|
|USB Direct Interface||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Toner Yields4||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003||3,000 or 8,000 or 12,0003|
1. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
2. PDF, JPEG, and XPS files.
3. Approx. toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (letter/A4).
4. Requires additional purchase.
5. PDF (up to ver. 1.7), JPEG, XPS and Secure PDF files (scan only). USB flash memory drive not included.
6. See system requirements chart on www.brother.com.
7. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support. Download from http://solutions.brother.com.
8. Windows only.
9. PC Fax Receive not supported for Mac OS.
10. Server 2003/2008 network printing only.
11. Using ITU-T Test Chart #1 with JBIG coding and std. resolution.
12. Black and white only. PC Fax Receive not available for Mac users.
13. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb. (bond) paper.
Top customer reviews
This printer is a HUGE leap forward in every way (without the color). There is virtually no warm-up, click print and it does. Duplexing is built in (I never forked over the extra $$ for a duplexing tray before) AND it will copy then print both sides in a single pass almost as fast a one sided! Last but not least I'm actually able to use the enormous software suite that used to just drain my time; when you click SCAN TO EMAIL up pops your new email with a .pdf file attached--I can't tell you how much time I've wasted on this because the previous software didn't work well.
I don't do a lot of reviews but this one was worth the time; hopefully it will help small businesses (and others) with their decision.
We just gave up and replaced it. If Brother has started introducing "planned obsolescence" like HP did some years back, we'll drop them permanently like we did HP and move to Canon.
We had used up the starter toner cartridge and were at the end of one(!) one single high yield cartridge, which means we got about 10,000 sheets out of it, for $500.00 or 50,000 pennies, or roughly 5 cents per page, plus about 2 cents per page in supplies (paper and toner). 7 cents per page is just way too high for a business black and white printer.
The symptoms of a bad fuser is a grinding noise and slightly crinkled pages. The fuser is a model number 8950 fuser.
Instructions for replacing the fuser are on the Internet Search "MFC 8510 8910 Brother Fuser Replacement". You can try to pull the old one out and get that far to see if it's worth the trouble replacing.