Brother MFCJ450DW Wireless with Scanner, Copier and Fax Inkjet Printer
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy-to-setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Fast, high-quality printing with up to 33 ppm, and 27 ppm for color (Fast mode). Up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color (ISO standard)
- Help save paper with 2-sided printing.
- Free Cloud Apps - Web-based apps from Brother let you capture, convert, and share documents directly from your machine. (Office Doc Creator only)
- Up to 20-page auto document feeder helps save time with unattended scanning, copying and faxing
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Brother Work Smart Series MFC-J450DW
Tbe easy-to-use Brother Work Smart Series MFC-J450DW is perfect for the home office looking for an economical, compact color inkjet all-in-one with wireless and cloud connectivity, and a color LCD display.
When you’re selecting a color inkjet all-in-one for your home or home office, you want a machine that’s going to offer you easy, intuitive operation, plenty of connectivity options, and fast print speeds - all without breaking your budget. The Brother MFC-J450DW, part of the new Work Smart Series, may be exactly what you’re looking for! It helps improve your productivity with print speeds up to 33 ppm black/27 ppm color in fast mode and ISO print speeds up to 12 ppm black/10 ppm color1. It’s compact, so it won’t waste your valuable work space, holds up to 100 sheets in the paper tray, and makes it easy to print, copy, scan and fax your important business documents.
You never imagined setting up, using, and maintaining a color all-in-one could be this easy.
When you remove your MFC-J450DW from the box, you’ll discover that connecting to a wireless network couldn’t be easier, thanks to the wireless assistant that walks you through set up. It’s so simple - you don’t need a USB cable, and you won’t even need to know your wireless network password. Share the machine with others on a network using an 802.11 b/g/n wireless connection, or connect to a single computer using a USB cable2 via Hi-Speed USB port. Using the machine is equally easy. The 1.8” color LCD Display makes navigating your machine’s robust functionality intuitive. You’ll also appreciate how simple the MFC-J450DW is to maintain, thanks to the easy-access, front-loading ink cartridges.
Wireless printing and web connectivity help you easily share information.
The MFC-J450DW gives you lots of choices for connecting to Apple, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, or Blackberry mobile devices. It supports wireless printing from your mobile device via3: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace. Access popular web services directly from your internet-connected MFC-J450DW using the WebConnect4 interface. You can upload to or download from specific web services without using a computer. Access Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Evernote, Google Drive, Box, Skydrive, and Dropbox.
The MFC-J450DW helps you save money with an economical purchase price and cost-cutting features.
The Work Smart MFC-J450DW all-in-one is built to be budget-friendly from day one. It offers an economical purchase price and includes cost-saving features like duplex (two-sided) printing to help save paper and Ink Save mode to help reduce ink use. The four-cartridge ink system means you only have to change the cartridge that needs to be replaced, which can help reduce your supply costs. Thanks to high yield replacement ink cartridges2, the MFC-J450DW has a low cost per page, and you can lower that cost even further by purchasing value-priced replacement ink cartridge multi-packs.
At your side with phone support for the life of your product.
At Brother, our goal is to provide you with printers and all-in-ones that you can depend on to consistently deliver high performance, reliability, and value for your business. Plus, we offer phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always at your side.
- Print Technology: Color Inkjet
- LCD Display (type/size): 1.8" Color LCD Display
- Paper Size (maximum): Up to 8.5" x 14" (legal size)
- Print Speed (maximum)1: Black (Fast Mode): Up to 33 ppm; Color (Fast Mode): Up to 27 ppm; Black (ISO/IEC 24734): Up to 12 ppm; Color (ISO/IEC 24734): Up to 10 ppm
- Print Resoultion (maximum)6: Up to 6000 x 12000 dpi
- Duplex Printing Capability: Yes (up to 8.5" x 11")
- Borderless Printing Capability:7 Yes
- Paper Input Capacity (maximum): Up to 100 sheets
- Auto Document Feeder: Up to 20 pages
- Standard Interfaces:8 Hi-Speed USB, Wireless (802.11 b/g/n)
- Copy Speed (maximum):9 Black (ISO/IEC 24735): Up to 5 ppm; Color (ISO/IEC 24735): Up to 5 ppm
- Copy Reduction/Enlargement: Up to 25&per; - 400&per;
- Copy Options: Stack, Sort, N-in-1, Poster, Fit to Page, Base Color Removal, Manual Duplex Copy
- Scanner Type: Color Flatbed ADF
- Document Glass Size: Letter Size 8.5" x 11.7"
- Scan Resolution (maximum): Optical: FB: Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi; ADF: Up to 1200 x 600 dpi; Interpolated: Up to 19200 x 19200 dpi
- Scan-to Capability: Image, OCR, E-mail, File
- Fax Modem: 14.4Kbps
- Fax Page Memory (maximum): Up to 170 pages
- Speed Dial Locations: 40
- PC Fax Capability10: Yes
- Web Connectivity4: Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, & Skydrive
- Brother Apps2:Office Doc Center
- Operating Systems Compatibility11:Windows: XP/XP Professional X64 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / server 2003 / Server 2003 x 64 / Server 2003 R2 / Server 2003 Rs x 64 / Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / Mac OS x 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x
- Mobile Device Compatibility3: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan & Cortado Workplace
- Energy Star Qualified: Yes
What's in the Box
- (4) Cartridges L101 Series
- CD-Rom — Assembly for Windows and Mac
- User's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Telephone Line Cord
|Max Print Speed||Up to 12/10 ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)||Up to 12/10 ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)||Up to 12/10 ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)|
|Other Features||Mobile Printing3, Web Connect4||Mobile Printing3, Web Connect4, Photo Bi-Pass tray||NFC Capable3, Wi-Fi Direct3, Mobile Printing3, Web Connect4, Photo Bi-Pass Tray, CD/DVD Printing|
|Media Card/Pict Bridge||No||Yes/Yes||Yes/Yes|
|Networking||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n), Wired Ethernet networking|
|LCD||1.8" Color LCD Display||2.7" TouchScreen plus TouchPanel||2.7" TouchScreen display plus TouchPanel|
|Paper Capacity (maximum)||100||100||100|
1. PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734.
2. Additional purchase required.
3. Requires a connection to a wireless network. See brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility. The Brother iPrint&Scan free app download is not available in all countries.
4. Requires internet connection and an account with desired service.
5. Requires Internet connection.
6. Resolutions are listed by vertical by horizontal dpi.
7. Borderless not available on duplex.
8. Cables not included.
9. Black and white only. Based on ITU-test 1 Chart No. 1 at standard resolution with MMR compression.
10. PC-Fax Send Only for Mac users.
11. See system requirements on brother.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When it doesn't work, however, it's a complete nightmare. After about 2 months of owning it, the printer disconnects from the network constantly. I'd say about every two times I want to print, the printer and computer cannot find each other, at which point I have to spend about 15-60 min trying the different install/connect options with the CD it came with, until it finally connects. One time, the printer was not able to connect (I didn't bother trying to fix it this time, as the document was not very important), and magically connected itself an hour later and printed my document.
Starting yesterday (after about 5 months of owning it?) I started getting the error "UNABLE TO PRINT 6F" and was unable to power the machine off via the power button. There was no paper jam, and it was printing perfectly just minutes before I got this error. The only thing I can think of is that I accidentally pushed the stack of paper into the bottom feed a little too far? But if that's the case, the machine is way too sensitive and/or fragile. When I try resetting the printer, sometimes the message will switch to "UNABLE TO PRINT AF" and sometimes it stays the same. Either way, I can't print anything.
The user's guide was unhelpful in solving this issue, though I tried everything suggested under the vague "Unable to print XX" section. I've searched Google high and low, tried many solution attempts (even the ones that seem unlikely to have any affect), and nothing has worked. The cheapest quote I could get to fix the printer was $75, not including parts if needed. Seeing as it costs $79.95 new, and didn't even work properly (connetion-wise) for me prior to getting this error, I won't be taking it in to get fixed, and am not going to purchase a new Brother printer.
I really wish I could have given this printer a better review, because it has great functionality. But if I can't access those functions consistently or reliably, it's really not very useful to me.
The main problem I have with it, is the feature that I use the most (and bought it primarily for). The duplex printing. I volunteer for a community non-profit, and design and print their flyers and brochures. It does an awesome job of duplexing (2-sided printing). However... for some screwy reason, even if I am printing in 100% greyscale B&W, it drains my colored ink cartridges!
The one time I managed to get through to their customer service, the agent barely spoke English. (Not being a native speaker myself, I am pretty tolerant of those who also aren't.) This person had serious comprehension issues, and seemed unable to deviate from scripted responses. I Hate those. The upshot seemed to be, "that's the way it is, suck it up, live with it, and buy more ink.". I didn't start using it right way, so am past the 30-day return mark and stuck with it.
Easy setup unlike my previous Canon Pixma. I was able to set it up on the LCD screen and get it connected to my wireless no problem!
Decent quality on photo paper, however this printer is more gauged at providing the household a easily accessible printer for documents and more.
It has a mobile app (also see below for con) so I can print from my iPad or other mobile devices.
Great form factor with the features I needed at a good price.
The print feature on iOS and android is conducted through another application that is required to be on the phone. This app allows you to print from your device, however it is not on the fly. For example you can not print out a web page or form on a site, you first must save the page or form to your device then select it from the Brother App.
This is a quality printer, with decently priced ink cartridges and mobile device printing. Despite requiring an application to print from a mobile device, it is (in my opinion) light years beyond Canon's printers.
Most recent customer reviews
I also own a brothers laser printer all in one.
I need something that printed in color and the color laser printers are...Read more
Practically every time I need to print - I have to reboot routers or...Read more