|Item Weight||3.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.2 x 9.4 x 10.4 inches|
|Item model number||PT-2430pc|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||PT-2430pc|
|National Stock Number||7490-01-624-7465|
Brother PC-Connectable Label Maker with Auto Cutter (PT-2430PC)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy - Fast - Secure!
- Easy to Use - No software installation required
- Uses tapes up to 1” wide, laminated for indoor/outdoor use
- Prints multiple lines of text and graphics
- Uses AD-24 adapter (included) or 6 "AA" batteries (not included)
Customers who bought this item also bought
An easy-to-use PC-connectable label maker that’s great for labeling file folders, binders, CD spines and much more. Its intuitive label making program requires no software installation on your PC! Easy – Fast – Secure! Design durable, laminated labels up to 1” wide using the easy pop-up software. Prints exactly what you see on your screen! Capable of printing multiple lines of text and graphics. Laminated tape for indoor/outdoor use. Built-in auto cutter cuts labels to desired length. Supports PC USB Connectivity. Includes starter tape and USB cable. Uses AD-24 power adapter (included) or 6 "AA" batteries.
The Brother P-Touch PT-2430PC PC-Connectable Label Printer with auto cutter features a simple plug-in design to make it easier than ever to print labels without the need to download any software. This compact, PC-compatible label printer has all of the required software built right in, which makes it a breeze to print labels from any PC quickly and easily.
It's never been easier to print high-quality labels and barcodes than it is with the Brother PT-2430PC. The P-touch Editor Lite software is built directly into the printer, so there's no software to install on your computer. Print graphics and text exactly how it appears on your monitor, and the PT-2430PC supports all True Type/Scalable fonts available on your PC.
The printer is compatible with six different label widths up to one-inch wide, and it accepts TZ laminated tape for both indoor and outdoor applications. The built-in automatic cutter makes it easy to get perfect cuts each and every time.
Installing the Brother PT-2430PC label printer is as simple as connecting the included USB cable to any Windows-based computer. The printer also requires 6 AA batteries or the included AD-24ES adapter.
Easy Label Printing On-the-GO
Because of the PT-2430PC's compact stature and built-in software, it makes it easier than ever to print while on-the-go from anywhere there's access to a Windows-based computer. Keep sensitive prints secure while traveling since no software is left behind on the computer.
Upgradeable Software for Added Functionality
For added features and functionality, you can install the included full version P-touch Editor software and enjoy seamless integration with your PT-2430PC label printer. This added functionality allows for easy barcoding and database printing.
The Brother PT-2430PC label printer is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. It measures 2.6 x 7.4 x 4.4 inches (WxDxH) and weighs 1.4 pounds (without batteries). It's backed by a 1-year limited warranty and replacement service.
What's in the Box
Brother PT-2430PC label printer, 1/2 inch (12mm) x 16 foot (5m) black on white laminated TZ starter tape, user's manual, AC adapter (AD-24ES), USB cable, CD ROM: P-Touch Editor software and drivers, and Software Installation Guide.
Compare to similar items
This item Brother PC-Connectable Label Maker with Auto Cutter (PT-2430PC)
Brother P-touch PTP750W Wireless Label Maker B00JHME7W4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||SUPPLIES USA||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9.4 x 4.2 x 10.4 in||3.1 x 6 x 5.6 in||3.1 x 6 x 5.6 in||3.2 x 6.1 x 10.9 in|
|Item Weight||3.5 lbs||1.56 lbs||1.8 lbs||1.8 lbs|
|Number of Items||1||1||1||1|
Top Customer Reviews
I tried the method with a dozen different text labels and the process worked like a charm!
These are the notes from their website:
Due to the construction of the tape mechanism, the one inch (25mm) piece of tape that is produced prior to every label cannot be eliminated. However, when you print more than one label at a time and select Chain Printing, the subsequent labels can be printed without the excess tape.
To select Chain Printing:
1. Input the text for the label.
2. Click on the pull down arrow menu next to the Print icon and select Print Options.
3. Select Auto Cut and Chain Printing in the Print Options dialog box.
4. Click Print; the machine will feed and cut off the one inch blank tape and prints the label. The label will remain in the machine until you print another label.
5. Create another label and click Print. The machine will feed and cut off the first label you have created. The second label will remain in the machine until you print another label.
6. Continue creating and printing the next label. When you finish printing all the labels, press the Cut button on top of the machine. The machine will feed out and cut off the last label.
Once you plug it in, it becomes available as another drive on your system which has the software on it (no install needed.) Just run it, and it pops up with a picture of the tape (WSIWYG.) When you're done typing in/formatting it the way you want just click "print" and it spits out a perfect label, every time.
Note that the USB sharing device I used is not a printer sharing device, but a USB sharing device (also sold on Amazon - IOGear makes it.) This isn't really considered a "printer" by your system so keep that in mind. (I don't think you can share it out as such.)
- Good quality labels (having been a design engineer at Xerox I am pretty strict on print quality)
- No wasted inch of label every time you want to print anything
- Diverse media (black on white, white on black, iron-on, different widths, etc.)
- As shallow a learning curve as possible
I get all this and a little more:
- Can work on a wall power supply (provided) or 6 AA batteries (not provided)
- The SW that comes with it is as easy as they get; I didn't even open the doc to do all I want.
Only caveat so far: after printing on iron-on label I need to use up about 8" of normal tape to get a complete image. Not a deal breaker, but I grew used to switching cartridges willy-nilly - not so with the iron-on tape.
Refills for the label maker come in a variety of colors and widths for various uses. The back is easy to peel off and the labels are laminated and high quality. The only complaint I have is that it wastes a bit of tape each time it prints, maybe about 3/4 of an inch that it just lops off and spits out.
It takes 6 AA batteries or you can use the A/C adaptor cord that comes with the label maker.
I'm very pleased with the unit and I've used it to organize my pantry shelves, and to label the fifty or so storage tubs in my attic. Next, I'm going to work on the kids' closets!
Update: I've frequently run my labeled containers through my dishwasher and while I expected them to come off, they haven't so far, and still look the same as the day I put them on.