Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine
- Embellish your creations with embroidery! Easy to learn and use embroidery-only model from Brother
- 4 x 4 inch embroidery area
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 70 built-in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts
- Computer connectivity for importing thousands of embroidery designs purchased from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for updating your machine in the future.Bilingual user manual, 25-year limited warranty, and free phone technical support for the life of the product.Built-in designs - 70 designs, 5 font styles for lettering and monogramming and 120 frame pattern combinations
- LCD size(inches): 2.7 x 1.4
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Explore the creative possibilities of custom embroidery with the affordable, reliable, and feature-rich PE525 embroidery machine. The PE525 comes with features that help make embroidery fun and easy. Add new, fashionable embellishments to clothing in your closet, personalize a child's belongings with custom designs and lettering, or turn everyday pillows and blankets into customized gifts for friends and family. With the PE525, the options are virtually limitless. The PE525 features a 4"x4" embroidery area, 70 built-in designs, 120 frame patterns, and 5 font styles for lettering and monogramming. Included with this machine is a 25-year limited warranty and free customer phone and online technical support for the life of the product.
From the manufacturer
About importing designs
The PE525 uses standard .pes design files, so you can import designs purchased from www.ibroidery.com and other 3rd-party sites*. As a Brother Embroidery customer, you’ll gain exclusive access to ibroidery.com, where you can download 1000’s of designs, from edgy to floral, with a wide selection Disney and Nickelodeon designs. 2015 Brother International Corporation. All rights reserved. Disney. *Additional purchase required.
The Brother PE525 Embroidery-Only Machine
Enjoy the versatility of this full-featured, affordable, embroidery-only machine that comes with features that make embroidery fun and easy. Create high quality embroidery with the wide variety of built-in designs, or import your own designs for virtually unlimited creative possibilities for years to come!
- 4” x 4” embroidery area
- High quality results
- Built-in memory and PC connectivity to import designs
4” x 4” Embroidery Area
The 4” x 4” embroidery area is perfect for adding custom embellishments and lettering to gifts, clothing and home décor.
Import designs from your computer and the internet via USB cable with the computer connectivity built into the PE525. Simply connect your machine and computer and transfer your favorite .pes format design file!
Easy-to-Use Backlit LCD Touch-Screen Display
Access built-in designs, control design editing features, view tutorials and more. All through the LCD display.
Worry-Free Automatic Needle Threader
Forget the tweezers, and toss away the magnifying glass. One touch and the machine is threaded.
Advanced Needle Threader
Auto Thread Trimmer
Brightly Lit Workspace
Quick-Set Top Drop-In Bobbin
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) For beginners, or if you are not sure you if will become a serious embroidery enthusiast, I would suggest you take a look at the Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and 4x4 Embroidery Machine With 67 Built-in Stitches, 70 Built-in Designs, 5 Lettering Fonts. It will do everything the PE525 will do, as well as sew. The Amazon Prime price on that sew/embroidery model has been even lower than the PE525 embroidery-only machine, but prices do fluctuate. Even if it costs a bit more, because it does both functions, it may better serve your needs.
2) And, if you are a serious and/or experienced embroidery hobbyist, or you wish to become one, then I am sure you are already aware that investing a couple of hundred dollars more in a machine like the Brother PE770 5x7 inch Embroidery-only machine with built-in memory, USB port, 6 lettering fonts and 136 built-in designs will be a better option over time. Why? Because the PE500 series of Brother machines only have a small, 4" by 4" embroidery area, which severely limits your options in choosing and implementing embroidery designs and monogramming.
Overall, as far as ease of use and functionality, I would rate this machine at 5 stars. It gets down-graded to 4 stars primarily due to the smaller embroidery area, and the fact that, if you shop around, you can purchase a comparable Brother machine that will both sew and do everything this machine will do, for around the same amount of money. In addition, there are a couple of other things to keep in mind if you are researching embroidery machines:
- As previously mentioned, this model (PE525) does not do sewing, it is an embroidery-only machine.
- Embroidery is an expensive hobby. Besides the cost of the machine, expect to invest around $100 (and probably more) in assorted threads and stabilizing materials, as well as tools, such as special scissors, etc.
- Don't expect to be an expert the first time out. Be prepared to invest a good amount of time in learning the craft and how to use your machine effectively. In other words, be patient and read instructions. (I suggest you take a look at some of the many Youtube videos that are out there before you even purchase a machine, so you will know what you are getting into!)
- Again, the biggest difference between this Brother model and those that cost a few hundred dollars more is the size of the embroidery area and the hoop attachment. This determines how large your embroidered design can be. The PE500 models have a 4" by 4" embroidery area. Go up a model (PE700 series and above), and they have at least a 7" by 4" hoop attachment and embroidery area.
- The PE525 is the same machine as the Brother PE540D 4x4 Embroidery Machine with 70 Built-in Decorative Designs, 35 Disney Designs, 5 Fonts, minus the built in Disney embroidery designs. You can always purchase the PE525 and then download and pay for the Disney or any other designs you may desire for a couple of dollars each at ibroidery.com.
This is a fun, creative, and exciting hobby, which lends itself to some careful planning and research on the part of the consumer before making a purchase. Brother is definitely a leader in this genre and has some great machines available (including this one). Spending a few more minutes up front deciding which machine bests serves your needs should definitely help to prevent any future regrets.