Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on March 6, 2013
I had one of these at my office and loved it so much, I bought one for the house. It's not really user-friendly to figure out all the different settings for the "frames" and "styles" (don't those seem like they should be combined into one big category with one way of accessing them?), so definitely do not throw out the owner's manual, but if you just want to type and print without any embellishments, it's very straightforward: type and hit "print." My main gripe would be that it wastes an awful lot of tape on the front side of your label (the part that feeds prior to the printed area)--seems like it was probably designed that way to keep their profit margin strong, but oh well. The tapes themselves are durable and stick well, but don't leave a mess if you do need to remove them at some point. The basic settings make it a quick solution to labeling all the random boxes/cartons/containers in the attic, garage, pantry, etc. You'll feel lots more organized and accomplished! :)
on November 21, 2012
Every once in a while you buy a product you LOVE. This is great. I do have the same complaint as everyone else: What's up with the 1/2 inch waste of label tape on either side of any label you print out!? But b/c of all of our reviews, you're walking into that with your eyes wide open now. I'd never owned a labeler before and was afraid it'd be kind of a hassle and that there'd be a learning curve. And I'd wondered how it prints. But it's soooo easy! I don't use it for everything (the labeling tape is a little cost-prohibitive, so I use basic stick-on paper labels for most stuff in my home)...but I definitely use it for items that need a water- and weather-proof label (food container, mailboxes, etc.). Ergonomic feel and rubbery-soft face/buttons (is it weird to love touching a labeler?). Gorgeous color makes labeling so much fun w/ this "color-therapy" making me happy! Easy to store in my shoe-bag on the back of my office door b/c of the narrow bottom.
on March 23, 2013
It's probably a good device - if you can make it through the instructions and learn how use it. Lots of features - if you need them. Tape is expensive, of course,
and it does waste too much. Mine has a problem with battery power - it will shut down as soon as the batteries are down 10% or less. Then, when it got six fresh
AAAs, it would fire up again briefly. The plug in feature would help here but that is extra. If you need the features, are clever enough to teach yourself how
to use it, and willing to take your chances with the battery problem, you would likely be happy with this printer. Otherwise, I suggest a cheaper more basic type
which may be all you need. That is what I will try next. I won't invest in anymore batteries or tape. That cost will cover the expense of another printer.
on June 8, 2013
I purchased this for putting labels on my love ones clothes as they were going into a nursing home. I saw one comment where the person felt it to be high cost however I think by having the clothing marked I will save on lost clothes from the laundry dept. the label maker is very user friendly and takes very little time to educate yourself before using it.the biggest disappointment is the trial size of tape that comes with it. Make sure you purchase additional tape as you will need it. The self label cutter is a great feature,no scissors needed! You won't be disapointed
on April 23, 2012
I don't usually write reviews, but this is a superior product. I've had to use a couple different brands at work, and this one was the best, so I bought it for home use. I spent the weekend in my garage using this label maker to help me get organized, and love it. It's easy to use and the labels stick on well. The standard font is nice, too. It has a lot of other features that i haven't used yet, but I'm looking forward to trying them. As a mom, I'm also eager to buy the iron-on labels for this printer - you can use them when your kids go to camp! Very happy with my purchase.
on August 16, 2013
Brother PT-1090: Under Function, Margin, there is no difference between full and narrow. I waste half a roll of tape just clipping off the excess. This is a great machine if you own stock in selling the tape, because I have used a lot of it. After reading the instructions, there doesn't seem to be a way to decrease the margins on the front and back ends of the label. Narrow & full produce the same result. I am throwing this in the trash after the last tape runs out, because it is expensive to waste half a roll of tape. I'll try another brand that doesn't eat me alive on tape. BUT, if anyone out there knows how to decrease the front and back end wasted tape, let me know... could be user error. I'm open to help! Other than that, it works well, does the job, but WOW it is expensive to keep supplied with tape.
on September 17, 2012
I purchased this labeler with the expectation that I could use various sizes of tape. However, only narrow tape fits into the product so it has limited use.
I wish I had stuck with a simple labeler that does not require batteries and it would have done the job just fine. This one has too many bells and whistles for my needs and I anticipate that I will rarely use it.
on June 17, 2013
I bought this product to use in my garage to mark up all my parts in bins and boxes and have been very satisfied with the results. My wife's label maker is a desk top type so it was very inconvenient to try to hold the labeler and type, this is a hand held type and experienced no problems attempting to type or print labels. The quality is good, however, I don't necessarily care for the purple color, would have preferred blue but its okay.
on October 26, 2010
This product is packed with features, is easy to operate and was delivered very quickly. Others have commented on the small amount of wasted tape at the beginning of a label. I agree that it would be nice to be able to eliminate this waste. But I paid less than $12 for this unit and, even with the wasted tape issue, it is a very good product at a fantastic price. I would recommend it to my friends and family. I withhold 1 star only due to the wasted tape issue, it's about 1/2" per label so , over time, it all adds up.
on February 9, 2013
I've been using this off and on for a couple of months and like it very much. Using rechargeable batteries because it does run through them. I agree with other reviewers that it's a shame that even with the narrow margin setting you're left with a long tail (about an inch) on the leading edge, but that's probably a result of design trade offs and you can't beat the price. Of course, as with ink jet printers, the profit is in selling tape.