Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Brother Printer MFC-J6520DW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Price:||$289.95 & FREE Shipping|
This product includes Amazon Dash Replenishment technology that you can set up to automatically reorder ink or toner when running low. This service is optional and can be changed at any time.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Never run out of ink with this Amazon Dash Replenishment enabled printer
- Low cost printing with Super High Yield (XXL) replacement ink cartridges, approx. 2400 pages (black) and 1,200 pages (color)
- Up to 250 sheet paper tray for high volume printing. Also has single sheet bypass tray
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via Air Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Google Cloud Print and Wi-Fi Direct (interface)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Brother Printer MFC-J6520DW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||sunnytechsale||Office Tech Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Touchdown Sourcing|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless;Memory Card; USB||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB||Wi-Fi; USB; Ethernet||Wi-Fi; USB||Wi-Fi|
|Item Dimensions||17 x 21.8 x 9.7 in||21.8 x 17 x 12.2 in||18.9 x 11.4 x 7.4 in||19.3 x 12.1 x 13.6 in||18.9 x 11.4 x 6.4 in||19.3 x 13.6 x 9.4 in|
|Item Weight||31.5 lbs||36.4 lbs||20.6 lbs||31.7 lbs||17.6 lbs||25.5 lbs|
|Maximum Print Speed (Black and White)||35 pages_per_minute||35 pages_per_minute||35 pages_per_minute||22 pages_per_minute||35 pages_per_minute||35 pages_per_minute|
|Media Size Maximum||11 x 17 inch||11 x 17 inch||11 x 17 inch||11 x 17 inch||11 x 17 inch||11 x 17 inch|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Print Media Type||Transparencies, Paper (plain)||Transparencies, Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Glossy photo paper, Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)||Paper (plain)||Envelopes, Paper (plain)|
|Additional Features||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Auto-Document Feeder||Caller ID, Integrated Card Reader, Touch Sensitive Screen||Auto-Document Feeder|
Brother Business Smart Pro-Series MFC-J6520DW
The MFC-J6520DW helps increase business productivity with fastest in class print speeds1, low cost duplex (2-sided) printing, 11" x 17" print/copy/scan/fax, up to 250-sheet paper capacity, and a suite of innovative cloud apps2.
Businesses looking for a hard-working color inkjet all-in-one shouldn’t have to make compromises. That’s why Brother is proud to offer the MFC-J6520DW, part of our Business Smart Pro Series. It provides the Ultimate Combination for business: a high-end, business-quality feature set, completely intuitive operation, and increased productivity. The MFC-J6520DW also provides low-cost printing, thanks to the availability of Super High Yield Replacement Ink Cartridges3 that print approximately 2,400 black pages and 1,200 color pages.
Fastest in class print speed means you won't waste time waiting for your documents to print
The MFC-J6520DW boasts fastest in class print speed1, so you’ll get your documents when you need them at up to 35 ppm color or 27 ppm black4. Plus you’ll enjoy the added convenience of duplex (2-sided) ledger printing, as well as 11” x 17” copy/scan/fax.
Full 11” x 17” capability is an ideal feature for businesses that work with larger documents
The MFC-J6520DW prints, copies, scans and faxes ledger size documents with ease. Whether you’re using the machine’s 11” x 17” scan glass, printing from the dual paper trays, or copying, scanning or faxing from the up to 35 sheet automatic document feeder, you’ll appreciate just how simple it is to produce and share oversized documents.
Brother makes setting up and using the MFC-J6520DW quick and easy
When you remove your MFC-J6520DW from the box, you’ll discover that connecting to a wireless network couldn’t be easier, thanks to the wireless assistant that completely walks you through set up. It’s so simple - you don’t need a USB cable, and you won’t even need to know your wireless network password. Share the machine with others on a network using 802.11 b/g/n or wired Ethernet networking, or connect to a single computer using a USB cable3 via Hi-Speed USB port. Using the machine is equally easy. The simplified control panel on the 2.7” TouchScreen Display makes it simple and intuitive to navigate menus, change settings, and create custom shortcuts for frequently used settings, and the accompanying TouchPanel only displays the keys you need.
Print wirelessly from your mobile device using, Airprint, Wi-Fi Direct and more
The MFC-J6520DW gives you a full menu of choices for connecting to Apple Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, or Blackberry mobile devices. It supports wireless printing from your mobile device via5: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct, that allows you to print wirelessly from PC or mobile devices without the need for a router.
Brother Cloud Apps and Web Connect interface add a new dimension of functionality to your inkjet all-in-one
The MFC-J6520DW comes with a suite of pre-installed, innovative Brother Cloud Apps2 that you access directly from the machine’s TouchScreen Display. You’ll be amazed by the functionality of these all-new exclusive document management and sharing apps. The Brother Cloud Apps suite is expandable, and Brother is developing new apps that will become available for download as they are finished. The initial line-up of apps includes:
- Outline & Copy: This app lets you make a physical copy of only selected portions of an existing hard copy document.
- Outline & Scan: This app enables you to select parts of a physical document and scan just those parts into a digital file on a transparent background.
- Outline & Remove: This app lets you remove selected portions of a hard copy document, then produces a physical copy of the remaining information.
- NoteScan: This app prints a note-taking template from the cloud, in your choice of 1, 2, 4, or 8 pages on a single sheet of letter-sized paper. Once the sheet is filled with notes, scan it using NoteScan and the pages will be automatically separated and converted into a series of JPEGs for easy storage or sharing.
- Brother Creative Center Templates: Print commonly-used business documents like calendars, notetaking forms, signage, as well as fun seasonal documents directly from your TouchScreen Display.
You can also access popular web services directly from your internet-connected MFC-J6520DW from the TouchScreen Display using the Web Connect6 interface. Upload to or download from specific web services without using a computer. Access Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Evernote, Google Drive, Box, Skydrive and Dropbox.
Exclusive Landscape Print Technology is Brother innovation with our customers in mind
While developing the MFC-J6520DW, Brother sought to create a product that would help eliminate the need for compromising on features or design. This led us to introduce our innovative Landscape Print Technology, which stores and feeds paper into the machine in landscape orientation. This unique, space-saving technology allows Brother to deliver the Ultimate Combination of features for business in a machine with a sleek design in a smaller footprint.
At your side
At Brother, our goal is to provide you with printers and all-in-ones that you can depend on to consistently deliver high performance, reliability, and value for your business.
What's in the Box
- (4) Cartridges LC103BK/C/M/Y Starter Ink Cartridges
- CD-Rom - Assembly for Windows and Mac
- User's Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Telephone Line Cord
|Max Print Speed||Up to 12/10ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)||Up to 12/10ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)||Up to 12/10ppm (ISO/IEC 24734)|
|Other Features||Mobile Device Printing5, WiFi Direct, Brother Cloud Apps, 11" x 17" Scan Glass||Mobile Device Printing5, WiFi Direct, Brother Cloud Apps, 11" x 17" Scan Glass||NFC Capable7, Mobile Device Printing5, WiFi Direct Printing5, Brother Cloud Apps, 11" x 17" Scan Glass|
|Media Card/Pict Bridge||Yes/Yes||Yes/Yes||Yes/Yes|
|Networking||Ethernet & Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet & Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet & Wireless (b/g/n)|
|LCD||3.3" Color TouchScreen||3.3" Color TouchScreen||3.3" Color TouchScreen|
|Paper Capacity (max.)||250||500||500|
1. Based on competitive in-class inkjet models with an estimated street price under $300. Competitive data gathered from manufacturer websites and third party industry sources as of February 2013.
2. Requires internet connection.
3. Additional purchase required.
4. PPM speed is based on printing in fast mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734.
5. Requires a connection to a wireless network.
6. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711.
7. See brother-usa.com/nfc for a list of compatible mobile devices.
Top Customer Reviews
* Scans up to 11x17 with both ADF and glass. For scanning thick items like books, the lid hinge raises up. ADF paper width slider only goes as narrow as 5.8", so this is not good for things like receipts. You would have to scan small items on the glass. But, the auto page size detection does not work at all for pages/receipts with a white background.
* Scans only one side of the document. The software has a checkbox to allow you to scan "continuously" meaning you can scan multiple documents and/or multiple sides of the documents manually (prompts for "Continue" or "Finish" after each page) and they will be collated into one PDF.
* There are nice scan options such as scan a 11x17 and turn it into 2 8.5x11 pages, scan 2 8.5x11 pages into one 11x17 page, scan into a secure PDF, OCR, .xps documents.
* Prints on both sides nicely (prints one side, sucks the paper back up, and prints the other side)
* The manual paper feed in the back for printing can accept most any size paper but you can only insert one page at a time (not a stack). When feeding from manual feed, no matter how carefully you adjust the guides, things often don't print straight or in precisely the correct location. I have wasted a few sheets of labels because of this. Envelopes cannot print the return address closer than one inch from the left edge (looks weird that far in). When manually feeding things, especially envelopes, it often doesn't detect that you inserted one. You have to repeatedly jam the envelope in and press ok on the touch screen. Sometimes it takes a few tries. All these manual feed issues deduct one star.
* When printing a stack of envelopes from the paper tray rather than the manual feed, it jams about once every 10 envelopes.
* Software and drivers installed on Windows 8.1 64 bit with no issues.
* I don't have a landline and do not plan to use faxing capability so I can't comment on that.
* Same as 6520 but adds a 2nd paper tray. This could be useful if you want more paper capacity or 2 sizes of paper available without using the manual feed.
* Same as 6720 but adds a bigger screen (3.7" vs 2.7"), Near Field Communication for interaction with mobile phones (though not many phones have NFC yet), and single pass scanning of both sides of the document at once. I failed to notice the single-pass capability was only for the 6920. Because I will do a lot more scanning than printing, knowing this would have made me choose the 6920. This is where Brother could have sold me a higher model with a simple comparison chart.
It took a while (about an hour) to meticulously follow the setup steps, learn how it works and get everything up and running. The instructions are top notch.
The feet of the printer will sit on top of a table, night stand, etc with a surface at least 13" x 19" (note though the upper portion of the device is larger than this).
External physical durability looks to be as expected at this price point- some of the plastic parts (especially paper tray, paper catch extension, ADF lid) could break with abuse from a clumsy and/or impatient person, and you certainly wouldn't want this unit sitting within reach of a 3-year old wild child.
What I didn't like: Printing on photo paper was a 50-50 proposition: take the paper, think about it, kick it out blank. Printing labels was 40-60: take the labels, think about it, print out of alignment or not at all. Automatic duplex: risky at best ("will you have jam with that duplex sir?"). Cheap paper? Fuggedaboutit -- only the super deluxe for my brother. And for some reason the incoming wiring (fax line, CAT5, usb) had to come in under the lid, not plugged into the side like normal, well adjusted printers.
What I liked about it: Well, I thought I would like the 11x17 capability but wound up never using it. That occasional need not worth the extra footprint. Now if the LCD screen could tell good jokes, this review would have been entirely different!
Trying to decide if it deserves 2 or 3 because at lease I can print 11x17 if the image is generated from another source and not scanned into it. Previous reviews were from artists who used it so I thought it would work for me. It doesn't.