Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled
|Price:||$525.19 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High-quality color printing. With print speeds up to 32ppm in both color and black, you no longer have to wait for high-impact business documents, Advanced duplex capability. Two-sided printing to help save paper. Plus, scans both sides of the page in a single-pass for fast, two-sided copying, scanning, faxing
- Flexible connectivity. Print, scan or PC fax over your wireless or Ethernet network or connect locally to a single computer via USB‡, 4.85" color Touchscreen display, Convenient mobile device printing & scanning. Print from your mobile device via, Advanced scanning capabilities. Supports a variety of "scan to" functions including: E-mail, file, image, OCR, FTP, SSH Server (SFTP), Microsoft® SharePoint, USB, Network Folder (CIFS) and E-mail Server‡. Advanced scanning features including base color (background) removal, ID Scan‡ continuous scanning‡ and blank page skip‡ help ensure your scans come out right the first time
- Flexible paper handling. The MFC-L8850CDW features a 250-sheet capacity tray that is adjustable for letter or legal-size paper, plus a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray. An optional 500-sheet capacity paper tray‡ is available for additional capacity, Walk-up printing and scanning. Features a front-access USB Direct Interface to directly print from and scan to your USB flash memory drive‡.
- Cost-efficient printing. Spend less time replacing supplies and help reduce operating costs by using high-yield replacement toner cartridges (approx. 4,000 pages‡ black/3,500 pages‡ color), Help control your printing costs. Use the Secure Function Lock feature to set page counts or restrict printing on a per user or group basis (supports up to 100 users), Outstanding customer support. The Brother MFC-L8850CDW offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product
- 50-page capacity auto document feeder. Convenient for copying, scanning or faxing multi-page documents (up to legal size), Legal-size document glass. Easily copy or scan bound materials or up to legal-size documents, Advanced security features. Provides a wide-range of security features including: secure print, Secure Function Lock, SSL, Enterprise Security (802.1x), and network user authentication and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory (using LDAP)
- Unit Dimensions : 19.3" x 20.7" x 20.9", Weights: 67.4 lbs.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Connect the Brother MFC-L8850CDW to your wireless or wired network to provide your entire workgroup with fast, reliable printing and copying of high-impact color documents, plus faxing and advanced scanning capabilities. It prints brilliant color and crisp black output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi for the professional results that your business reports, spreadsheets and presentations deserve. With print speeds up to 32ppm in both color and black, automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, plus time-saving single-pass duplex copying and scanning, you won’t waste time waiting for your printouts, copies or scans to complete. Whether you’re printing color business documents, making copies, or scanning, the MFC-L8850CDW will help you get back to work - fast!
High-Quality Scanning of Color and Black and White Documents to a Variety of Network and Cloud Destinations
With an optical scan resolution of up to 1200 x 2400 dpi1, the MFC-L8850CDW can scan single documents with stunning clarity via the legal-size document glass. Single-pass duplex copying, scanning, and faxing captures both sides of a page in one pass, to help save time. Scan multi-page documents up to legal size, using the 50-page capacity automatic document feeder. You can even scan multiple documents to a single PDF.
Scan to a variety of destinations, including file, image, OCR, e-mail, Microsoft SharePoint2, e-mail server3, FTP, Secure FTP, network folder (CIFS-Windows only) or to your USB flash memory drive4 plugged directly into the unit’s convenient front access port.
Access popular cloud services directly from the 4.85” Color TouchScreen LCD Display using the exclusive Brother Web Connect Interface5. This allows you to scan to or print from specific cloud services using an Internet connected Brother MFC-L8850CDW without using a computer. Access popular cloud services such as DROPBOX, BR-DOCS, EVERNOTE, GOOGLE DRIVE, ONENOTE, ONEDRIVE, and more.
Advanced scanning features including base color (background) removal, ID Scan2, continuous scanning2, and blank page skip2 help ensure your scans come out right the first time.
Scan documents to your compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Windows Phone mobile device via the Brother iPrint&Scan app6.
Cost-saving Features Help Maximize Your Color Printing Budget
Brother designed the MFC-L8850CDW to help businesses keep their printing budget in line. There are multiple ways to make the most of your printing dollar, including:
- High-yield replacement toner cartridges4 (TN-336 BK/C/M/Y) print approximately 4,000 pages7 black and 3,500 pages7 color to help reduce printing costs.
- Secure Function Lock limits accessibility to selected functionality on a per user or group basis (for up to 100 users) to help reduce unnecessary use as well as paper and toner consumption.
- Two-sided (duplex) printing automatically produces two-sided color documents to help save paper.
- N-in-1 printing and copying to help reduce paper and toner usage by combining multiple pages onto one page.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified with Deep Sleep Mode that uses less than two watts of power when not in use.
- Auto Off Mode powers off the unit when not in use to reduce energy consumption.
- Toner Save Mode for printing your less critical business documents.
Flexible Connectivity and Security Options Make the MFC-L8850CDW Ideal for Your Small Office
It’s easy to install the MFC-L8850CDW on a wireless network or on a wired network via Ethernet, or connect locally to a single computer via Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connection (cable not included). Plus, the USB Direct Interface on the front of the unit provides convenient walk-up printing from or scanning to your USB flash memory drive9. And for organizations concerned with security, the MFC-L8850CDW offers several advanced security features including: Secure Print, Secure Function Lock, SSL, Enterprise Security (802.1x), network user authentication via Active Directory (LDAP), and more.
Easy Printing from Leading Mobile Devices
Your workgroup and visitors to your office will appreciate the convenience of printing wirelessly6 from a compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Windows Phone mobile device. Print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the Brother iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct, or Cortado Workplace.
Flexible Paper Handling Helps Handle Demanding Workgroup Printing
The MFC-L8850CDW features a 250-sheet capacity paper tray that adjusts to hold letter or legal paper and a 50-sheet capacity multi-purpose tray for envelopes and thicker media. If you want more paper capacity, you’ll really appreciate the ability to add a 500-sheet capacity add-on tray (LT320CL)4 to expand to an 800-sheet total capacity that can help reduce time-consuming paper refills.
|Max. Print Speed (clr/blk)||23ppm / 23ppm||30ppm / 30ppm||32ppm / 32ppm|
|Memory (std/max)||256MB / 256MB||256MB / 512MB|
|Max. Print Resolution||600 x 2400 dpi||Up to 2400 x 600 dpi|
|LCD Display||3.7" Color Touchscreen||4.85" Color Touchscreen|
|Automatic Duplex||Print / Copy / Scan / Fax|
|Paper Capacity (std/max)||250 / 250||300 / 8004|
|Standard Interfaces||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|ADF Capacity||35 pages||50 pages|
|USB Direct Interface||Yes|
|Mobile Device Printing6||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan (downloadable app), Cortado Workplace, and Wi-Fi Direct|
|Recommended monthly print volume||30,000||40,000||60,000|
|Replacement Toner Yields (blk/color pgs)4,7||2,500 / 1,400 or 2,200||2,500 or 4,000 / 1,500 or 3,500|
1. From document glass.
2. Feature available using Brother Control Center.
3. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. Requires Internet connection and an account with desired service.
6. Requires connection to a wireless network.
7. Based on yields in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798 (letter/A4).
8. When comparing high-yield TN-336 C/M/Y cartridges vs. standard-yield TN-331 C/M/Y cartridge yields.
9. USB drive sold separately. Print JPEG, PDF, and XPS files.
Top Customer Reviews
First and foremost, this thing is huge, even slightly larger than the 9970, which was already a behemoth. This is about twice the size, both in width and height, as a standard laser printer and perhaps three times the weight. If you're using this in a home office scenario, as we are, make sure you have the room ... And help to lift it to wherever you plan to install it.
Seriously, it's B-I-G check out the dimensions and measure before buying; this thing takes up more than half an average desktop.
Other than physically moving the thing, install was simple. We're an all Apple household and I never use included printer software. I did all the unpacking--mostly a myriad of tape removal--plugged it in and used the touchscreen to connect to my wifi network, which was simple and easy. Then I went on my MacBook Pro, used the add printer option and the Brother popped up immediately. Within about five minutes of plug-in I was printing, which is awesome.
To set up the other features is also fairly easy, though may require a bit more investigation of the instruction book, to, for example, set particulars for your phone system if you're sharing a fax and voice line. Even with those caveats it wasn't more than 15 minutes total, and the ability to get a test fax from Brother to makes sure your set-up is correct was much appreciated.Read more ›
The MFC-L8850CDW is one HEAVY printer. It also has a serious footprint: 19.3in Wide x 20.7in Deep x 20.9 in High. When received the MFC-L8850CDW I put the box on my scale and it topped 80lbs!! The printer itself tops 67lbs. Make sure it's on a sturdy table. Packaging is quite good as is typical for Brother and while the box had some external damage the printer was in perfect condition. Bravo Brother!
Other than lifting this monster of a printer setup was very easy. The biggest annoyance was finding and removing all the shipping tape!
The printer comes with TN331 standard yield cartridges which drop right in. They are good for 2500 pages B&W or 1500 pages Color. It can take the TN336 high yield cartridges which mean less frequent changes and more economical printing. I always get genuine Brother cartridges. I had a printer ruined by third party cartridges years ago and the savings just aren't worth it for me as I depend on my printing being reliable.
We ended up with the MFC-L8850CDW connected via wired networking. We performed most of the setup via the web interface. It's very easy and follows typical Brother web interface patterns. I appreciate this consistency as it makes management of our client's various Brother printing solutions intuitive and simple.Read more ›
Going from bad to worse. The printer is now officially almost a paperweight (well, I can use the scanner). The printer mangles the paper, and now I just received the "print unable oa" error I reported in May 2015, totally unusable for printing even mangled pages.
As I noted when I first got this printer in 2014, I was concerned about the quality as compared to other Brother printers I have owned. For a printer to break down to an unusable level when I have more than 20% of my original drum left is unacceptable. I strongly recommend avoiding this printer. Now I need to get a new laser color and not sure which one.
UPDATE APRIL 2016
I have had this printer since July 2014. Since then I have printed out about 17,000 pages, about 800 pages a month. I have probably scanned 10,000 to 15,000 pages. Unfortunately, although I have about 40% of my drum left, I am getting an indentation (sort of like a notary seal impression) on the page, and more frequent paper jams. The paper path is completely clear front and rear. Of course it is out of warranty, which is why I will now probably always buy one of these extended warranties for printers because it seems as if the quality of printers is going down these days. I had another brother printer which lasted much longer)
As you can see from my original review below, I did have concerns about the build quality, and now those concerns are showing up. I would definitely not recommend this printer unless you get a service plan that has in-house service. The printer is huge and probably weighs about 60 pounds, so it would be a big hassle to drag it to any service center.
I have liked brother products in the past, so I am not quite sure what I will do to replace this one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great printer and it is very well built. I had the b&w version for years and sold it for almost what I paid. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Wow...wow...and wow! I have been a Brother fan for 10 plus years. I have never had any issues with them and decided to upgrade my equipment. Read morePublished 7 days ago by J. G. Norton
We purchased this unit for our small business office. The unit was easy enough to set up, since I have done numerous others in the past. The web interface was pretty good. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Steve Crawford
Love this printer/scanner. I'm a realtor and print and scan things constantly. I haven't used the fax function. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
We used to have an HP Color Laserjet 2600n at our house. The print quality on the HP got to the point where half the page would be in a faded, different color than the rest. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Dean K.
Worked great for 1 yr and 25 days. Then the feeder scanner stopped working now outputting only blank files. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Riptide Software
so far this is great. I use it for when i am working from home. Color graphics are not great, but if you are just doing graphs and charts its good enoughPublished 1 month ago by MSC
This works okay for daily use, but it has a few downsides. I own a small business where we have 8 computers setup to the printer (MAC & PC), all wireless. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sly-Dawgg
Have two of these for individual use. Definitely overkill, but they're fancy rich people, and want fancy things. Read morePublished 1 month ago by just bought this