Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $20.49 shipping
+ $43.81 shipping
+ $20.04 shipping
Brother Printer MFC7860DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
|Price:||$364.00 + $20.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Print and copy up to 27ppm
- Built-in wireless and Ethernet network interfaces
- Automatic duplex for producing two-sided output
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder
- Adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray, plus manual feed slot
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Brother Printer MFC7860DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax
|Shipping||$20.49||$16.73||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Tomorrow's Store||Meta-Electro||EasyNetworkUS||Amazon.com|
|Printer Output||Black and White||Black and White||Black and White||Black and White|
|Max Printspeed Black White||27 ppm||27 ppm||40 ppm||38 ppm|
|Resolution||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
is available for low cost output
Compact Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking and Duplex Printing
The MFC-7860DW is a great addition to any small office or home office. Delivering fast print and copy speeds while producing professional-quality output, this compact, yet powerful, machine is ideal for producing the everyday documents that make up the output of today's busy office. Built-in wireless networking allows you to conveniently place it in your work environment and share it with multiple users. In addition, the MFC-7860DW offers a built-in duplex printing capability for producing two-sided output with ease.
- Prints and copies up to 27ppm
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing
- Up to 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution
- Wireless 802.11 b/g, Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces
- Adjustable, 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter or legal size paper
- 35-page capacity auto document feeder
- High-quality color scanning up to 19200 dpi (int.)
- Supports a variety of "scan to" features including: e-mail, file, image, OCR, and FTP
- 33.6K bps Super G3 fax modem
- Works with Brother iPrint & Scan free downloadable app
- 32 MB memory, stores up to 500 pages9
- Toner Save mode for less critical business documents
- PC Fax software for sending faxes from your computer
- Manual feed slot
Exceptional Performance and Image Quality
Enjoy the convenience of producing high-quality output right from your desktop or small office. With print and copy speeds of up to 27ppm, you can stop wasting time and move on to other important tasks. Print high-quality output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi for professional reports, spreadsheets, correspondence or other important business documents. Use the automatic duplex printing feature to create professional two-sided documents, brochures and booklets. This feature helps you save paper and reduce costs by cutting paper usage in half. Plus, when copying and faxing, you can produce two-sided output from one-sided originals.
Share with others on your wireless 802.11b/g or wired network for printing, scanning and PC faxing5 or connect locally to a single user via its Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. Users with wireless access points that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS can automatically configure their wireless settings by simply pressing a button on their router.
The MFC-7860DW is compatible with Brother iPrint & Scan, a FREE printing app that enables you to print (JPEG, PDF or web pages) from and scan to your Apple, Android or Windows Phone 7 (JPEG only, scanning not available) mobile device on your wireless network. It is also compatible with Cortado Workplace*, a FREE printing app that enables you to store and wirelessly print common file formats from your Apple, Android, or Blackberry mobile device.
Advanced Scanning Capabilities
The MFC-7860DW offers document scanning with up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) scanning resolution, and features management solutions to easily share, archive or edit your paper-based documents electronically. Scan multi-page documents using the 35-page capacity auto document feeder or use the document glass for bound materials or up to letter-size documents.
With the MFC-7860DW, you can create high-quality color scans in a variety of file formats including: PDF, JPG, TIFF, and more. It also offers a wide range of scanning options including: e-mail, file, image, and OCR. You can also scan documents directly to a FTP server or e-mail scanned documents directly to your e-mail server8. The MFC-7860DW includes both TWAIN and WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) scanner drivers and Nuance PaperPort SE with OCR for Windows and Presto! PageManager with OCR for Mac for greater flexibility.
Low Cost of Ownership
In addition to being affordable to purchase, the MFC-7860DW uses both standard and high-yield replacement toner cartridges. Using the high-yield 2,600-page2 toner cartridge (TN-450) can help lower your operating costs. You also can help save money by using Toner Save Mode for your less critical business documents, and PC Fax to send and receive faxes directly from your computer without having to print them6.
- Print Technology: Electrophotographic Laser
- Time to First Page: < 8.5 seconds
- Automatic Duplex Printing: Yes
- Printer Emulations: GDI, PCL6, BR-Script3±
- Standard Interfaces: Wireless 802.11 b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Windows Compatibility: Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP / XP Professional x64 / 2000 / Server 2003 / 2008
- Mac Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Best Transmit Speed: Approx. 2.5 seconds (per page)9
- Stand-Alone Faxing: Yes
- Broadcasting (# of locations): Up to 258
- Quick Scan: Approx. 2.5 seconds (per page)9
- Fax Forwarding / Paging: Yes / Yes
- One Touch / Speed Dials: 8 / 200
- Dual Access: Yes
- Stand-Alone Copying: Yes
- Copy Speed (maximum): 27 cpm black
- Copy Resolution (maximum): 600 x 600 dpi
- Multi-Copying: Yes (up to 99)
- Sort: Yes
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400% in 1% increments
- ID Copy: Yes
- Document Glass Size: Letter
- Color and B/W Scanning: Yes
- Scanning Profile Sets: Yes
- Network Compatibility: TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6), Apple Simple Network Configuration
- Network Functionality: Print, Scan, and PC Fax6
- PC Fax Software: Yes6
- Display (LCD): Two lines, 16 characters with backlit
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9 inches x 15.7 inches x 12.4 inches
- Carton Dimensions: 20.7 inches x 20.1 inches x 19.4 inches
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 25.6 lbs. / 32.6 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||24ppm||27ppm||27ppm||38ppm||40ppm||42ppm|
|Print Resolution (maximum dpi)||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||2400 x 600||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200||1200 x 1200|
|Memory (standard / maximum)||16 MB / 16 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||32 MB / 32 MB||64 MB / 320 MB±||64 MB / 320 MB±||128 MB / 384 MB±|
|Input Paper Capacity (standard / maximum)||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 250 sheets||250 sheets / 750 sheets±||250 sheets / 750 sheets±|
|Bypass / Multi-purpose tray (maximum pages)||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||Single-sheet||50 sheets||50 sheets||50 sheets|
|ADF Capacity (maximum pages)||35||35||35||35||50||50|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Duplex Scanning||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Standard Interfaces||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0||Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Document Glass Size||Letter||Letter||Letter||Letter||Legal||Legal|
|Modem Speed (maximum)||14.4K bps||14.4K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps||33.6K bps|
|Mobile Device Compatibility3||Cortado Workplace||Cortado Workplace||Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct||AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint & Scan, Cortado Workplace, Wi-Fi Direct|
|LCD Display||Two-line||Two-line||Backlit, two-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line||Backlit, five-line|
|USB Direct Interface||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Toner Yields± (approx.)||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||1,200 or 2,6002||3,000 or 8,0002||3,000 or 8,0002||3,000 or 8,0002|
*Requires wireless network connection.
± Additional purchase required
1. Maximum capacity based on using 20 lb (bond) paper
2. Approx. yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752 (Letter/A4). Requires additional purchase.
3. Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.com for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility.
4. Based on ITU-T test chart at standard resolution with MMR coding
5. See system requirements chart on www.brother.com
6. Windows OS only for PC Fax Receive
7. Black and white only, PC Fax receive not available for Mac OS
8. Download from http://solutions.brother.com. Requires SMTP/POP3 mail server support.
9. Based on ITU-T test chart at standard resolution with JBIG coding
Top Customer Reviews
What motivated me to write the review was that I just had to replace the very low yield starter cartridge and the low toner warning with the message "Prepare New Toner Cartridge" wouldn't go away despite buying a Brother brand high yield toner cartridge (TN450), and I have found a lot of other people seem to have had the same issue. After scouring the net, I found the trick that isn't anywhere to be found in the documentation.
So let's get this out of the way right now. If you still have the low toner message after replacing the toner with a Brother brand cartridge, here's what you do.
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. Message reads "Front cover open."
3. Press the "Clear" button.
4. Message reads "Replace Drum?" and gives you a choice of Yes or No.
5. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS. Instead, type in *00 on the keypad. (Don't forget the asterisk before the two zeros!)
This apparently resets the machine's internal page counter. You should see an "accepted" message. Close the compartment door door, press Stop/Exit and Voila. No more low toner message! Takes about 30 seconds.
Now for the review. What I like:
- Small, compact footprint.
- Works flawlessly from copying to duplex printing to faxing to wireless scanning.
- Simple to use.
- Simple to set up on a wireless network - don't even need to initially connect it to a computer to set up.
- NO warm up time. Wow. Even from deep sleep mode, it wakes right up when you send anything to it to print or feed anything into it to copy or fax and works instantly.Read more ›
These are the criteria that I had in mind while selecting a product:
* laser print: for crispness and consumables (my ink jet seemed to drink ink, or it dried up)
* duplex: one of the items I did not like about the InfoPrint 12 is the lack of duplex
* compatibility across several OS platforms
* ability to scan via the LAN and not requiring direct USB
I was not concerned about the size of the unit, as it was going to have its own table (though it is quite compact). I was also not concerned about the fax functionality of the machine. While it is nice to have if needed, I had only used my old multi-function to fax once.
Taking these into account, I could not find anything that met them as well as the Brother MFC-7860DW. There are some higher caliber machines, but these were designed for more active use and their price reflected that. Some may think the MFC-7860DW is pricey, but there are others which are much more so. Since the MFC-7860DW are very new, I had some questions and wanted to see one in action, but I was not able to find any in stores.Read more ›
Small footprint for duplexer
Very noisy while printing
Flimsy ADF feels as though it will come off
Duplexer sounds like it's in pain (noisy and very slow)
Starter toner cartridge gives you 200 pages @ 5% coverage
Here is a quirk:
If you have this in WIRELESS mode, that is the unit is NOT connected to the router via Ethernet cable, the machine *always* runs, even in sleep mode. The fan will stay on and its noisy. The lights (deep blue) will always be on.
If you have this in WIRED mode, that is the unit IS connected to the router or USB, the machine will enter "Deep Sleep" and looks like its actually off. No noise, nothing. (Lights are off)
This quirk is hard to find in the manual but there it is. Consider the noise level which I ignored when buying this and now regret.
I actually bought it from a different store during a promotion with a lower price + free gift, but I see that Amazon has it at the same price now. Btw, you should go to the 7860DW printer's product info page on Brother's website and easily check the prices offered by the various vendors that sell this item online or in stores. Quite efficient.
Now to the review.
1. Wireless is great. This thing comes off from deep-sleep in a flash and prints fast. Btw, some reviews said that it doesn't go into deep-sleep (fully quiet) when on wireless, but only in wired mode. That is wrong info. I have it on wireless and it goes into totally quiet mode after 3-4 mins idle.
2. Looks nice and sleek. Matte finish, so it wont catch fingerprints and smudges.
3. Nice, clean design. Smooth shape & form factor, unlike some other printers I looked at which had weird shapes and ledges etc sticking out and have potential to break accidentally.
4. This thing is sturdy. No cheap/flimsy parts.
5. Auto duplex is very useful, and is extremely fast.
6. The initial install (i.e. connect printer to wifi network and install to first laptop) was a few simple steps with the provided CD. No problems. Install on my second laptop was even shorter. Both my laptops are Windows 7, one is 64-bit and the other is 32-bit. And yeah, the printer was able to get the network login credentials from my laptop during install, so I didn't have to separately enter login/password etc for it. I thought that was cool.
7.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have owned this printer/fax/copier/scanner for about 4-5 years. After the first year it was printing a line down each page, which Tech Support at Brother was able to help me fix... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Sample S.
I bought this printer about 18 months ago and I have had no issues with it. Toner lasts a very long time and will pay for itself because of the cost difference between toner and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Smarter then you
This was a replacement for an older model Brother that the drum was at it end. I love that this printer is wireless, As it make printing to the printer from anywhere in the office... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Hugh Crawley
I have trouble with this printer right from the start, difficult to get somebody to help you if you can't provide your receipt even if you already registered your product when you... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mita
We use it to print checks and as a back up on our office network (for those rare occasions our giant Xerox do-everything machine is down). Great piece of equipment for the money.Published 2 months ago by John C. Minor
love this all-in-one machine. So superior to HP photosmart that only was constant source of grief. My Brother works every time, and I don't miss the always-empty, always expensive,... Read morePublished 2 months ago by dave beach
I needed a multifunction printer and Amazon has always led me in the right direction according to its user reviews. Read morePublished 3 months ago by pjayem