|Item Weight||19.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.9 x 14.9 x 7.1 inches|
|Item model number||MFCJ425W|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||MFCJ425W|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.99 shipping
Brother Printer MFCJ425W Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
|Price:||$344.50 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- 1.9" color LCD display for easy menu navigation
- Fast print speeds:- up to 33 ppm black and 26 ppm color (Fast mode)- up to 10 ppm black and 8 ppm color (ISO standard)
- Vivid, borderless photo printing up to 6000 x 1200 dp±
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The MFC-J425W in an easy-to-use, compact inkjet all-in-one with wireless networking and an automatic document feeder, perfect for the small or home office.
The MFC-J425W allows you to print, copy, scan, and fax, and features a stylish design with patterned lid that will complete your modern office. It offers fast print speeds of 33 ppm black / 26 ppm color (Fast mode)1 and ISO standard 10 ppm black / 8 ppm color (ISO/IEC 27434).1 Connect multiple computers, and enjoy wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, and Cortado Workplace3.
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Unattended fax, copy, or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- 1.9-inch color LCD display for easy menu navigation
- Fast print speeds up to 33 ppm black, 26 ppm color (fast mode) and 10 ppm black, 8 ppm color (ISO standard)1
- Professional-quality prints and borderless photo printing at resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi
- Flatbed copier makes it convenient to copy bound, thick, or odd-sized documents
- Help reduce ink consumption per page by outlining images for draft printing using Ink Save Mode
- Brother iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from and scanning to your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 mobile device3
- Four-cartridge ink system; only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced
Utilize the power of your wireless network while reducing the number of cables in your home office. Easy-to-set up wireless networking enables others to share the Multi-Function Center on the network. The SOHO Series Multi-Function Center Machines are Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n Certified and are compatible with new routers with ‘n’ technology, allowing for faster data transfer between your PC and printer router. These models are still compatible with older routers that offer b/g technology.
Web and Mobile Device Compatibility
The MFC-J425W supports wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace10, allowing you to print on the go.
Help reduce your printing costs with high yield LC Series Ink Cartridges. All Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center machines are equipped with a four-cartridge ink system. This means you only have to change the specific color cartridge that needs to be replaced, instead of having to discard an entire set of ink cartridges. This helps to reduce waste and save you money.
Plus, the MFC-J425W's "N in 1" printing and copying option allows you to print several pages onto one, and Ink Save Mode is used when printing draft documents.
Simple Scanning Software
The Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center’s versatile scanning features offer a solution for a variety of needs. Designed to help make your everyday personal, home, or business activities easier and more efficient, basic scanning capabilities include:
- Scan to E-mail: If you want to share a document with someone, you can use this time saving feature to scan it directly to your e-mail application. It will then be attached to a new e-mail for sending.
- Scan to OCR (Optional Character Recognition): Allows you to convert into digital text and open directly into a word processing document for editing.
- Scan to Image: Allows you to start editing your documents and images within seconds of scanning them. Your scanned image will open directly in your image editing software.
- Scan to File: Automatically save your scanned documents to a designated folder on your computer or network, saving you time from having to do it manually.
- Scan to USB/Media Cards: Enables you to scan your documents or images directly to a USB Flash Drive or Media Card, eliminating the need to send it to your computer first. Items can be scanned into JPEG, PDF, or TIFF (black and white only) formats.
What's in the Box
MFCJ425W; LC71 Series Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); User’s Manual; Quick Setup Guide; Telephone Line Cord
- Max. Print Speed Black / Color (Fast Mode, ISO Standard)1: 33 / 26ppm, 10 / 8ppm
- Max. Print Resolution (dpi)2: 6000 x 1200
- Borderless Printing: Yes
- Ink Save Mode6: Yes
- Stand Alone Fax Capabilities: Color and B/W
- Max. Fax Modem Speed / Best Transmission Speeds7: 14.4K bps / 7 sec.
- Dual Access8: Yes
- PC Fax (Send or Receive)8: Send Only
- Max. Copy Speed Black / Color (Standard, ISO ADF Only)1: 22 / 20ppm, 5 / 5ppm
- Max. Copy Resolution (dpi)2: 1200 x 1200
- Reduction / Enlargement (min. - max.): 25 - 400%
- Multiple Copies: Yes (99)
- N-in-1: 2in1 / 2in1 (ID) / 4in1 (A4 / Letter / Executive only)
- Scanner Capabilities: B/W and Color
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 2400 x 1200 (glass) / 1200 x 600 (ADF)
- Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 19200 x 19200
- Document Viewer / OCR Software10: Windows ScanSoft PaperPort 12 SE with OCR; Mac Presto! PageManager 9 with OCR
- Scan to Capability: Image, OCR, E-mail
- Auto Crop Scanning: Yes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows OS: XP / XP Professional x64 / Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2003 / 2003 x64 / 2003 R2 / 2003 R2 x64 / 2008 / 2008 R2
- Macintosh OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9" x 14.9" x 7.1"
- Carton Dimensions: 18.9" x 10" x 18.3"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 19.8 lbs. / 24.0 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||33ppm / 26ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm|
|Maximum Input Paper Size||N/A||N/A||N/A||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"|
|Media Card / Pict Bridge||No||Yes||Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes|
|Networking||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or Wired Ethernet networking||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)|
|LCD||1.9-inch Color LCD Display||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen|
1. ISO speeds based on ISO / IEC 24734 (print) or ISO / IEC 24735 (copy using ADF). PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. See www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
2. Resolutions are listed horizontal by vertical dpi.
3. See www.brother.com for details and availability. The iPhone App Store, Android Market, and Microsoft Marketplace are not available in all countries. Supports PDF and JPEG formats. Windows Phone 7 does not support PDF printing.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. Cables not included.
6. Helps save ink by outlining images for draft printing.
7. Based on ITU-T Test Chart No. 1 at standard resolution with MMR compression.
8. Black and white only.
9. PC-Fax send only for Mac users.
10. See System Requirements at www.brother.com.
11. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Brother Printer MFCJ425W Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$15.70||FREE Shipping||$29.40|
|Sold By||HDD Shop||Meta-Electro||PCNation||SKY-LINE|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless;USB||Wireless;Memory Card; USB||Wireless;Memory Card; USB||Wireless;Memory Card; USB|
|Max Printspeed Black White||33 ppm||33 ppm||35 ppm||33 ppm|
|Resolution||6000 x 1200||Information not provided||2400||19200|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||11 x 17 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
The CD contains all the software that you need. When you start the setup, be patient. Sometimes it will be installing something in the background but will give you no indications. I know that at one point I went three minutes when it seemed like nothing was going to happen, another install screen popped up.
When completing the "wireless setup" on the printer via USB, the software will try and use your network settings to find what network the printer should connect to. This makes it easy as you don't have to enter your SSID and network key. If it needs you be on another network, it has the option to manually enter it. It also allows for you to set-up a static IP.
The printer allows you to setup how long until it "goes to sleep". It will automatically wake-up when you send something to the printer.
Colors look good. After you install the print cartridge, it takes about 5 minutes of cleaning.
The printer is a bit noisy when it is printing, but I like that as I can tell from another room if the printer is actually printing without having to get up and look. When it is asleep it makes absolutely no noises.
All in all, the printer is nice and works very well. It fits perfectly on one of my tables. I will update my review as I continue to use the printer.
Update: I originally installed this with USB cable to home desktop - that worked fine with the "home network"/shared printer setup. This past weekend I reinstalled to take advantage of wireless - for two reasons 1) don't have to walk up or downstairs to turn the PC it was connected to "on", 2) use the Iphone app. I just reinstalled and followed the instructions (infrastructure setup I believe) and it connected fine wirelessly to my desktop - could fax and scan as well. It appears you have to install the whole (big) MFL Suite on each laptop.Read more ›
There was a lot to choose from. However, this Brother MCF-J425W stood out as an exceptional value. I also considered a professional Brother model that printed 11x17 sized images, but the footprint of the device and height was too tall for my desk area. This unit, while still larger than some units, fit in my tight space.
Motivation for purchase and Pros:
1) The brother ink cartridges do not have the ink head nor a computer chip. This makes it possible for third parties to reproduce the cartridges at insanely low prices as seen on Amazon. With other brands, you have to have remanufactured cartridges if you want to save money (essentially refilled). These refilled cartridges quality varies dramatically and the results are usually not worth the hassle/savings. Therefore, your price per print on Brother (which is easy to get good third party ink) can come out insanely low compared to say HP where you probably want to stick with OEM ink.
2) Wireless features. Yes, most printers in this category are wireless now. It was easy to setup and I quickly downloaded and updated the firmware on the printer to utilize Apple's Air Print from my iPhone and iPad. Works fine. Wish you could change settings on the phone and iPad though. I have no idea what setting it uses when you print from a phone or tablet? Maybe "normal?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have put up with this thing for two long years! Pulling second sheet with first sheet. Tech support acted like I got them away from a steak supper. Read morePublished 4 months ago by G. Springer
Okay, so we have had this printer in our office for over a year now. We have had many problems with the black ink not printing properly and paper getting stuck. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ted
Works very well. The only thing paper load is very fragile plastic. Be careful, when loading papers, so you would not brake it.Published 6 months ago by Bo
Very disappointed in this printer. The feed mechanism is grossly inadequate. In almost every print job, at least one copy is overlapped between two pages. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
a little large but works great and ink from amazon is cheap.Published 8 months ago by Donald F. Sieg
Product will not print with satisfactory quality after 6 months. I'm guessing the print head has died as cleaning seems to help the print quality for a page or two, but then you... Read morePublished 9 months ago by skullmann