Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $28.55 shipping
Brother Printer MFCJ825DW Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
|Price:||$399.99 + $16.39 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking
- 3.3" Touchscreen color LCD display for interactive and easy to use menu navigation
- Create two-sided documents and save paper with duplex printing
- Printer Scanner Type: Color Flatbed with ADF,Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- Web Connect Touchscreen - access your Facebook, Picassa photo organizing software, Flickr, Google Docs and Evernote accounts via the Web Connect Touchscreen Interface±
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compact and easy-to-use, this All-in-One with unique decorative lid and print, copy, scan and fax features is ideal for the small or home office. Share with multiple computers on a network using the wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet connection. The 3.3-Inch Touchscreen color LCD display is perfect for interactive and easy to use menu navigation. Access your Facebook, Picassa photo organizing software, Flickr, Google Docs and Evernote accounts via the Web Connect Touchscreen Interface±. Print directly on printable blank DVDs, CDs and Blu-ray discs for personalization. Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing. Unattended fax, copy and scan up to 20-page documents using the automatic document feeder. Fast print speeds of 35 ppm black/ 27 ppm color (Fast mode); ISO-based 12 ppm black / 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 27434).Reduction/Enlargement: 25 to 400%,Power Requirements: 100 to 120 V AC, 50 to 60 Hz and Paper Capacity: ADF: 15 pages, Input Tray: 100 sheets, Photo Tray: 20 sheets (4.0 x 6.0") and Output Tray: 50 sheets.Operating system: PC: Windows 7, Vista, XP Home, XP Pro, XP Pro x64, Server 2003, Server 2003 x64, 2003 R2, 2003 R2, x64, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Mac: OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x .
DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
The MFC-J825DW is a compact inkjet with a 3.3-inch web connect touchscreen interface. It makes a great addition to a small or home office with easy access to Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts. You can also print directly onto printable CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs without hassle.
Featuring a unique decorative lid, the MFC-J825DW is easy to use and enables you to print, copy, scan, and fax from multiple computers on a network using the wireless or wired Ethernet connection. Help save paper with automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, and enjoy the convenience of unattended faxing, copying, and scanning up to 20-page documents using the automatic document feeder.
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking
- 3.3-inch TouchScreen color LCD display for interactive and easy-to-use menu navigation
- Create two-sided documents and save paper with duplex printing12
- Unattended fax, copy, or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- Fast print speeds up to 35 ppm black, 27 ppm color (fast mode) and 12 ppm black, 10 ppm color (ISO standard)1
- Access your Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts via the web connect touchscreen interface10
- Print directly onto printable DVDs, CDs, and Blu-ray discs4
- Brother iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from, and scanning to, your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 mobile device3
- Four-cartridge ink system
Easy-to-Use Features to Enhance the Way You Work
The MFC-J825DW offers a sleek and stylish design that complements any home or small office environment. Four dedicated function keys allow you to easily switch between fax/copy/scan and the PhotoCapture Center with the press of a button.
Easy to Set Up
Utilize the power of your wireless network while reducing the number of cables in your home office. Wireless networking enables others to share the Multi-Function Center on the network. The SOHO Series Multi-Function Center Machines are Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n certified and are compatible with new routers with ‘n’ technology, allowing for faster data transfer between your PC and printer router. These models are still compatible with older routers that offer b/g technology.
Convenient Web and Mobile Device Compatibility
The MFC-J825DW supports wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace. Brother Web Connect enables you to upload and download files to specific web services without using a computer. Access your Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts via the web connect touchscreen interface. Mobile printing will allow you to print from your mobile device on the go.10.
CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc Printing
Customize and print professional looking discs. Your Brother machine can print directly on printable disc media, including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and Blu-ray Disc. There are three ways to print on printable disc media:
- Print by copying: You can copy the image of an existing disc label or a square document (such as a photo) and print the image on a printable disc.
- Print from media: You can select an image stored in a memory card or USB Flash memory drive, and print the image on a printable disc.
- Print from a computer (Windows / Mac): Brother offers an easy-to-use application for printing directly on printable disc media. The NewSoft CD Labeler application offers templates for creating disc labels along with matching jacket covers, or you can create your own custom disc labels.
Help reduce your printing costs with high yield LC Series Ink Cartridges. All Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center machines are equipped with a four-cartridge ink system. This means you only have to change the specific color cartridge that needs to be replaced, instead of having to discard an entire set of ink cartridges. This helps to reduce waste and save you money.
Plus, the MFC-J425W's "N in 1" printing and copying option allows you to print several pages onto one, and Ink Save Mode is used when printing draft documents.
What's in the Box
MFCJ825W; LC71 Series Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); CD-ROM- Assembly for Windows and Mac; Disc Tray; User’s Manual; Quick Setup Guide; Telephone Line Cord
- Max. Print Speed Black / Color (Fast Mode, ISO Standard)1: 35 / 27ppm, 12 / 10ppm
- Max. Print Resolution (dpi)2: 6000 x 1200
- Borderless Printing: Yes
- Ink Save Mode6: Yes
- Stand Alone Fax Capabilities: Color and B/W
- Max. Fax Modem Speed / Best Transmission Speeds7: 33.6K bps / 3 sec.
- Dual Access8: Yes
- PC Fax (Send or Receive)8: Send / Receive9
- Max. Copy Speed Black / Color (Standard, ISO ADF Only)1: 23 / 20ppm, 6 / 6ppm
- Max. Copy Resolution (dpi)2: 1200 x 1200
- Reduction / Enlargement (min. - max.): 25 - 400%
- Multiple Copies: Yes (99)
- N-in-1: 2in1 / 2in1 (ID) / 4in1 (A4 / Letter / Executive only)
- Scanner Capabilities: B/W and Color
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 2400 x 1200 (glass) / 1200 x 600 (ADF)
- Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 19200 x 19200
- Document Viewer / OCR Software10: Windows ScanSoft PaperPort 12 SE with OCR; Mac Presto! PageManager 9 with OCR
- Scan to Capability: Image, OCR, E-mail, File, Media Card, USB Flash Memory Drive
- Auto Crop Scanning: Yes
- Media Card Compatibility: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Pro Duo, MicroSD Memory Card, Mini SD, Micro SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, MultiMedia Card, MultiMedia Card plus, MultiMedia Card Mobile
- PhotoCapture Photo Editing Features: Monochrome, Sepia, Auto Correct, Trimming, Photo Enhance (Auto Correct / Skin Tone / Scenery / Red Eye / Night Scene / Fill Light / Whiteboard)
- Direct Printing Image Format: JPEG / AVI / MOV
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows OS: XP / XP Professional x64 / Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2003 / 2003 x64 / 2003 R2 / 2003 R2 x64 / 2008 / 2008 R2
- Macintosh OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9" x 14.9" x 7.1"
- Carton Dimensions: 18.9" x 10" x 18.3"
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 20.5 lbs. / 24.9 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||33ppm / 26ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm|
|Maximum Input Paper Size||N/A||N/A||N/A||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"||11" x 17"|
|Media Card / Pict Bridge||No||Yes||Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes|
|Networking||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or Wired Ethernet networking||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)|
|LCD||1.9-inch Color LCD Display||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen|
1. ISO speeds based on ISO / IEC 24734 (print) or ISO / IEC 24735 (copy using ADF). PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. See www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
2. Resolutions are listed horizontal by vertical dpi.
3. See www.brother.com for details and availability. The iPhone App Store, Android Market, and Microsoft Marketplace are not available in all countries. Supports PDF and JPEG formats. Windows Phone 7 does not support PDF printing.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. Cables not included.
6. Helps save ink by outlining images for draft printing.
7. Based on ITU-T Test Chart No. 1 at standard resolution with MMR compression.
8. Black and white only.
9. PC-Fax send only for Mac users.
10. See System Requirements and more details at www.brother.com.
11. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.
12. Borderless not available on duplex. Minimum default margins 0.12-inches on all sides.
Top customer reviews
I've worked in technology for over 36 years. I'm picky as hell. I've been looking for a new all-in-one (AIO) printer for a while. I've tried Epson, Canon, Lexmark. I never tried Brother. I saw this printer in OfficeMax where it was on sale before Amazon for $99 and picked it up. The quality and the price of the inks looked great, the features were killer, and I needed the scanner because I often scan documents and photos, as well as use DocsVault to have a paperless office. I figured I would return it if I didn't like it. No harm, no foul.
Man, was I surprised. The quality of the construction is terrific. It has a small footprint and low noise. The paper tray combines holding the paper and providing the output tray. It also will store a stack of 4x6 photo paper ready to go. All you have to do is push a lever to move the photo paper into position. The tray will extend as well for legal size paper. The paper stops on the output tray and the fax tray are a little flimsy, but I can live with it.
The document feeder is smooth as silk. The touch screen removes the need for endless buttons by transforming itself based on the selected functions. The driver and software is excellent.
The printer functions both wired and wireless and has the usual fax functions.
Now for the gravy! There is an iPad and iPhone app that allows you to scan DIRECTLY TO YOUR iOS DEVICE! It works flawlessly. The quality of the scans are beautiful. In addition, there will be a FIRMWARE UPDATE in JANUARY 2012 that will enable the printer for AIRPRINT! SCORE!
All of that in a brand new released model for $99! What is Brother thinking? I don't care. I love this device and I highly recommend it. The output is excellent. It prints very quickly in draft mode and does a great job of saving me paper with duplex. It is serving all of our devices in the house. Best I've seen yet!
What have you got to lose? Try it! If you hate it, return it. No harm, no foul. :D
The unit prints fast and has good picture quality. The scanner was way beyond my expectations and reproduces photos extremely well. Its almost like you took the picture directly off your camera. It also is able to print duplex prints and does so very fast. If you need anything more out of a printer then this then you'd be running a large business of some sort. It would even be well suited for a small business or office.
If i could recommend anything is use the quick setup guide and use the CD to install all the software and drivers. It took me a minute to get the wireless working since you have to setup your printer on your computer as a "wireless printer" and set it up as a shared printer on your network. If your having problems there is an excellent source of troubleshooting information on the Brother website. Once everything is installed i HIGHLY recommend going onto the Brother website and updating the firmware for the printer. The firmware tells the printer how to operate its various functions. My printer out of the box needed a firmware update. If your running into issues with your printer it may be because your firmware is out of date so do this first because it may make things much easier for you.
Other then that setup was pretty straight forward. I was able to instantly connect the printer to my wireless internet and set everything up with no real hassle. The printer wakes quickly with little delay when sending documents wirelessly.
All i can say is i am thoroughly impressed with this product. I dont think i'll ever buy another printer without the Brother brand name. For home use you dont need anything more elaborate then this it has everything you need in a printer and then some. You can get a 12 pack of ink for $20 so ink is not expensive at all (which was also one of my purchasing points).
I got the printer, 3 reams of paper and the ink all for $130 shipped...what a deal! Gotta love Amazon.
Update as of 5/6/12:
Well we've been using the printer for quite sometime now and its been flawless. We recently got a home phone line and hooked up the fax machine. There are multiple faxing options but you have to choose the "External TAD" if you have an external answering machine. If you dont the printer will actually record voicemails and record received calls and such...actually pretty neat but not needed. Overall its a great printer i'm very happy with this purchase.