Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 B..." and save 76% off the $449.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, CS6000i, 60 Built-In Stitches, 7 styles of 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholes, Wide Table, Hard Cover, LCD Display and Auto Needle Threader
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SIMPLE-TO-USE SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE: The CS6000i sewing and quilting machine is user-friendly. The stitch selector switch allows you to easily see and choose your stitch.
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: This quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle.
- ADJUSTABLE SEWING SPEED: The Brother CS6000i sewing and quilting machine features an adjustable stitch speed that gives you easy control.
- WIDE TABLE: Designed for quilts and other larger projects, the CS6000i includes a wide table that gives you extra space. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) : 850
- BUILT-IN FREE ARM: Doing intricate sewing projects is simple thanks to the free arm that helps sew sleeves, pant legs, and other cylindrical items.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
This user-friendly and portable sewing and quilting machine offers a wide range of quilting and sewing features at an affordable price. The CS6000i features 60 built-in sewing stitches, including decorative stitches and 7 styles of one-step buttonholes. There are 9 presser feet included in this machine - buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blindstich, button fitting, walking, and spring action quilting foot. This machine also includes a detachable wide table that is perfect for larger quilting projects.
The Brother CS6000i sewing machine has been engineered for ease of use. A simple-to-view backlit LCD display, an automatic needle threader, easy-to-follow threading diagrams, and an adjustable sewing speed control system are all included. An easy-to-see, brightly lit sewing area is quite helpful when sewing on dark fabrics. An automatic needle threader has been added to perfectly align thread through the needle. A built-in free arm helps to assist with sewing pant legs, sleeves, and other cylindrical items. The CS6000i sewing machine also includes a hard machine case, making it a perfect traveling sewing machine.
The CS6000i sewing and quilting machine includes a printed Quick Start guide and complete instructions manuals in English and Spanish. We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adapter is in use. This sewing and quilting machine includes an instructional DVD, a bilingual user manual, a 25-year limited warranty, and free customer phone and online technical support for the life of the product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've never sewn before (save for 8th grade home-etc, which was on a clunky old machine and a terrible experience of constantly fixing the machine and hardly ever sewing). I was interested in learning to quilt but nervous it would be too frustrating to be a fun hobby. I bought this machine with the thought that if I ended up enjoying it, I'd replace it with a nicer machine fairly quickly.
The machine sat in the box for just over a year. But once I finally started using it, I seriously couldn't believe how easy and fun it was. I've since made a Jess Brown rag doll, 3 full-queen size quilts, and 4 baby quilts (in a year and a half). I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth! I've considered buying an upgrade but have decided at this point I don't really want to. My machine sews beautifully, is easy to thread, and never gives me any trouble, which is all I could want at this point. I'm not intimidated by it, which is really important to me (kind of sounds silly but that was my fear!)
For those complete beginners out there, here are my recommendations:
1. If you have a friend who can sew, have them come over to teach you how to load the bobbin, thread the machine, and adjust the tension (I only had to adjust the tension the first day, and since that it's been fine). Once you can do those things, you're basically good to go. A friend can also help with super obvious things.. like on day one I kept getting an error message because I didn't have the foot down, ha)
2. Only use nice thread, and buy extra bobbins. I use Aurafil thread (I figure I'm making things I'll want to keep forever, so it's worth a few extra dollars), and metal bobbins off amazon (despite other reviews that said not to use metal ones.. they work great for me).
3. Buy extra needles and change the needle after each project. If you don't do that, it will like, skip stitches when I zig zag stitch on the binding, or it looks like it leaves bigger holes. (You can you tube how to to do basically anything, like needle changing, with your machine)
4. Buy a nicer ($5) seam ripper than the tiny one it comes with. (I don't use it often but it's so much better when I do)
5. Be prepared to lay down some money for the things you're going to need. I was kind of surprised at how much I needed to buy in order to quilt. Fabric, rotary cutter, rulers, cutting board, binding clips, adhesive spray, etc. but once you have it all you don't really have to replace very often.
6. You can make an entire quilt (including quilting it), on this machine. For binding, I'd recommend the zig zag stitch, because it holds up so much better and also looks nicer (my first quilt I used a straight stitch, and it doesn't lay as flat).
7. Fabric stores are overwhelming. For my first quilt, I went to one of those trendy/boutique style stores that are a bit more expensive, and bought fabric. It gave me a good idea of what brands are more my style (Cotton and steel, art gallery), and now I can buy from fabric.com or big box stores without getting overwhelmed.
I hope this helps someone! The photo is a screenshot from my instagram of the second thing/quilt that I made on this machine.
First project that I tackled was to make 2 soft sided travel totes, which I copied from a popular manufacturer. See attached photos. All work, including the quilting and the piping were done on my new Brother, except for a small potion on the inside that was easier to sew by hand.
I had to resort to reading the manual on several occasions, but quickly learned that any malfunction was user error.
PROS: Unbelievably light weight (I can literally lift it with one finger). Great variety of stitches and presser foots. The option to control by hand instead of the traditional foot pedal is great for frequent stops and starts. Feeds smoothly and doesn't choke.
CONS: So light, I nearly knocked it over a few times. Can't really gripe about that...you'll get used to it quickly!
Bottom line is for a ridiculously low price, you'll get a sewing machine that will handle 90% of your projects.
Enjoy the video for more features and a more in depth review of this sewing machine. Hope this helps! ^_^
But after a boring night when I had nothing to read, I read the booklet through several times, trying to wrap my mind about all the options that this machine offered. If you think the machine is sewing too slowly or quickly, there's a position beneath the computer readout that adjusts to different top speeds, so you don't go faster than you want to. So it's not 100% idiot proof if you don't read the booklet!
Fancy stitches, fancy sewing feet, more is included than with any other machine brand. I quickly went to quilting, learned that zippers are not the work of the sewing devil, and that buttonholes can be made without even looking at the machine! Whenever there's been a problem it was user error, never the machine.
Most recent customer reviews
I was using singer heavy duty 4232.Read more