Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.52 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.69 shipping
Brother SA120 Gathering Foot
|Price:||$8.15 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Gather light weight fabrics with straight stitching from any left to right needle position
- Attach gathered edges to flat fabrics
- Perfect for gathering easements on curved edges
- Genuine Brother Made Accessory
- For all 7mm feed dog machines
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The gathering foot is a fantastic purchase!! I was skeptical before buying it, but it is completely worth it! It's super easy to attach and after testing it twice on a piece of scrap fabric, I was completely confident using it on the dress I was about to start. You will never have to hand-gather again and will save tons and tons of time. This foot gives you perfectly even gathers. Best of all, it allows you to gather one piece of fabric while sewing it to another piece that remains ungathered (like when sewing a gathered skirt onto a smooth bodice). I highly recommend this presser foot!! A helpful PDF download guide for machine gathering and ruffling can be found here:
Make sure the fabric you wish to gather is several times longer than you need for a finished project.
First make sure the fabric you are placing the ruffle on to has a finished edge. Use the PICOT FOOT to achieve this. Then feed that edge into the groove of the GATHERING FOOT.
Second place the ruffling fabric under the foot, lower the foot and begin to sew, making sure to guide the top fabric against the right edge of the foot while not exerting any pressure on the top fabric. Guide the ruffle fabric straight as you sew, but let it slip easily as you sew.
Be sure to keep a sample of what this foot does with the foot in your sewing kit for reference.
It takes some practice to feed the ruffle fabric evenly under the top fabric, so take your time and practice on scraps first. Soon you will get the hang of how the foot gathers the bottom ruffle onto the top fabric. It produces a wonder effect for curtains, pillows and little girls dresses etc.
It's a great foot to have for specialty projects.
top, but the finished gathered piece on the bottom is quite an improvement. So here's some tips for y'all.
1. Finish the lower edge of the ruffle with a basic straight stitch. Press with an iron.
2. Set tension to the highest setting and stitch length to the highest. On my Brother CS6000i, I set the tension to 8 and stitch length to 5 which are the highest settings. Depending what you're making, you can adjust this as you see fit. But this is as good as it's gonna get with my machine. 45" of fabric yielded 25" of ruffle with these settings.
3. I set my speed at slightly faster than the medium speed. This is my normal speed to stitch. I haven't tried a faster speed because my results were what I was looking for. Don't know if a faster speed yields a tighter gather. This is something you'll have to figure out what you're comfortable with. I'm not messing with it at this point.
4. Threads go underneath (contrary to some videos I saw where they pulled the bobbin thread to the top).
5.Read more ›
For novice sewers some people interchange the terms "gathering foot" and "Ruffler foot" they are two different types of feet and do similar but different types of work. Good luck!
That said, that quality of the foot is very good and it does exactly what it is suppose to do with my Brother SE-400 machine. It will just take a bit of testing to get the amount of gathering that I want
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This foot doesn't gather the fabric very well. Disappointed with the purchase.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This presser is great, it does what I need it to do! BUT, it does not come with any instructions or brand/seller information, it literally comes in plastic shrink wrap by itself. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lawson Home
Gathering Foot makes the gathering look nice and professional.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I have been using a universal ruffle foot that I bought on amazon. It was amazing and super adjustable, until I broke 5 needles in 2 short sewing sessions. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Rachel M.
Best thing to ever happen to my sewing hobby! It takes all the work out of gathering for those cute dress and all the things. I Love and use it with almost every project!Published 4 months ago by EugenieKahle
since I always tend to break my thread if I pull gathers by hand, this saves the day. Brother....they are at your side I'm telling you! Read morePublished 4 months ago by weshophere