Brother ScanNCut CM100DM Home and Hobby Cutting Machine with a Built-in Scanner
|Price:||$203.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Worlds first home and hobby cutting machine with a 300 DPI built-in scanner. Scan virtually anything - from a handmade drawing to your most cherished family photo.
- No more design cartridges or PC required. With over 600+ built-in designs and the ability to scan virtually anything, your creative freedom is no longer limited!
- Large, color LCD touch screen with on-screen editing capabilities such as rotating, welding, resizing and organizing. 11.7 inch wide scanning and cutting area to accommodate large projects.
- Easy to use right out of the box with a limited set up time and user-friendly interface. Designed specifically with fabric cutting in mind. Cuts fabric with ease!
- ScanNCut Canvas, the cloud based web application easily converts .SVG files to .FCM files. It is free and easy to register! Go to https://scanncutcanvas.brother.com. We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120V AC even if a voltage adapter is in use.
- The ScanNCut2 machine reads both .fcm (Brother proprietary file extension) and most .svg files.
- Connect a PC via USB cable to the ScanNCut2 machine. USB cable not included.
- Please refer to the operation manual for additional information.
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
No more design cartridges. No PC required. ScanNCut will forever change the way you think about cutting machines. Welcome to a whole new world of innovation, with the world’s first home and hobby cutting machine that comes with the magic of a built-in scanner…a built-in scanner that will revolutionize the way you craft and create! Only ScanNCut can take an image, photo or hand drawn sketch, scan it, and allow you to precisely cut the shapes or outlines you want. With its breakthrough built-in scanner, ScanNCut raises your creativity and skill set, allowing you to create a signature project that is yours alone. Now the only thing limiting your cutting creativity is your imagination.
• 300 DPI Built-in Smart Scanner
• Lightweight Stand-Alone Machine
Convert your scanned images into unique one-of-a-kind cut designs and patterns.
Scan and convert to cut data.
The secret to ScanNCut lies in its 300 DPI built-in scanner. Never before has a home and hobby cutting machine had the capability to scan virtually anything – a handmade drawing, a magazine clipping, cherished photos, and more – to create endless cut designs and save to the machine’s memory. Say goodbye to expensive, clunky design cartridges and say hello to creative freedom! As a bonus, you can use ScanNCut as a home scanner to archive pictures, documents, and more – and save to your USB for use in your computer.
Using the technology of the 300 DPI smart scanner, scan in your design and save it as a cut or draw file for use. ScanNCut will create cut lines automatically, and then (within minutes), hand drawn elements can grace the pages of your art work as a cut element or drawing with the assistance of the pen draw feature.
Yes, you can cut fabric! It’s so easy.
Basic shapes, intricate designs, borders, quilt patterns, fonts and more are all available at your fingertips with a single touch on the bright, easy-to-use color LCD touch screen. This wide variety of built-in designs is both easy to access and mobile for when you’re on the go – never leaving you without designs to work with! Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For even more variety in your creations, scan an image to create a one-of-a-kind design.
Cut precise fabric shapes with ease! ScanNCut offers a variety of accessories that make fabric cutting and creating beautiful quilt and appliqué projects quick and simple. Pairing the erasable draw function (pen and pen holder sold separately) with cutting, this machine offers the unique feature of drawing your seam allowance, and also provides precise sewing guidelines – making sewing, quilting and appliqué projects easier to create than ever before.
Single Pass…See it, Cut it!
No more fussy cutting! Relax, and let ScanNCut do the work for you. With just a few simple steps, this unique cutting tool will scan your material, create the outline cuts, and allow you to select your design straight from the surface to cut out. This revolutionary feature will eliminate the hassle out of hand-cutting designs from your favorite papers and fabrics!
Have you ever dreamt about adding custom drawings to your crafting projects? ScanNCut gives you the ability to change your cut file – whether it’s from a previous scanned image or a built-in design, and replicate the design into a drawing in virtually seconds! With 6 drawing pens and 2 erasable pens (available for additional purchase), you can now take all your sewing and crafting projects to the next level.
Developed with the advanced, cutting-edge technology that Brother™ is known for, ScanNCut is truly an incredible innovation in electronic die cutting machines, giving artists the freedom to make truly unique, one-of-a-kind creations with the push of a button. Check out some of these great features you’ll be sure to admire:
The magic of ScanNCut lies in the ability to scan your materials using the 300 DPI built-in scanner. See the scanned image on the large color LCD touch screen, open your cut design and, using the stylus, simply move the cut design over the desired area for a perfect cut – without measuring or using a computer.
Select from the wide variety of built-in designs or from your gallery of scanned images to build your own unique cut designs. Use the welding feature to combine shapes, hand drawings, fonts and more directly on the large color LCD touch screen. Combine detailed or intricate cuts in seconds to simply group designs into one piece prior to cutting.
Fit-to-Page Space Saving Capabilities
Do you often find yourself with a collection of odd-shaped scraps of paper and fabric that you likely won’t be able to use again? With the space saving capabilities of ScanNCut, get the maximum use out of your material. Using the background scan option, simply scan your material into the machine and watch as an image of the material quickly appears on the large color LCD touch screen. From there, see the exact placement of where your designs will lie on the material prior to cutting them out. Even the smallest scraps can be utilized when working with this innovative crafting tool!
Scan to USB
Can you believe it? With ScanNCut, there is no need for a clunky stand-alone computer! With the 300 DPI built-in scanner, scan virtually anything into your machine to be saved as a cut file. As a bonus, you can use ScanNCut to scan important documents, files, artwork, photographs (and even your child’s favorite drawings), and save to your USB to be used for future use. USB not included.
Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut. Every editing function can be done on the LCD touch screen. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape, size, or position, even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs, you’ll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking – all without the use of a computer or expensive design cartridges.
Seam Allowance & Sewing Guidelines
Have you ever struggled with piecing together your fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects? ScanNCut gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in ¼” increments to assist you in piecing together fabric pieces for your quilts, clothing and more. But wait, it gets better! You can even utilize the erasable pen (pens available for additional purchase) to create sewing guidelines on your designs to assure virtually perfect placements of your stitches.
Large Scanning & Cutting Area
Using either the 12" x 12" cutting mat (included), or the 12" x 24" cutting mat (available for additional purchase), easily create and cut a wide variety of designs – from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament, or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus, the cutting mats double as a scanning mat for ease of use!
Personalized greeting cards serve as a great way to convey your congratulations on a special occasion. ScanNCut allows you to design all your custom greeting cards to your liking. Between the wide varieties of built-in designs, paired with the ability to scan in virtually any design you see or that comes to mind, your design capabilities are virtually limitless!
Who doesn’t love a versatile tote bag? Perfect for shopping, vacations, the beach and more, you’ll love all that ScanNCut has to offer to help take all your handbag designs to the next level. This innovative machine not only cuts fabric with ease but it is also pre-loaded with 140 built-in designs, including 100 quilt patterns plus 5 fonts to help transform a simple canvas to a beautifully transformed bag!!
Hand-decorated tumblers are perfect for break time at school or work. Why purchase a cookie-cutter tumbler from the store when you can fully customize your own by using ScanNCut? Combine illustrations, text and other design elements to express your individuality. Savor the fun of bringing your own original design to life with every sip from your fully-customized tumbler!
Bring smiles to your home or office with a cheerful framed patchwork quilt. Perfect for gift giving or adding that finishing touch to your home décor, creating framed patchwork pieces are both fun and easy to complete when you use ScanNCut. Enjoy exploring the numerous combinations of shapes and layouts to create a truly unique piece that you or your loved ones will be sure to cherish for a lifetime!
• Standard Cut Blade Holder
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
It cuts thicker paper nicely (unlike my Cameo) and it does small detailed cuts really well (which my Cricut cannot always do).
I have tested this machine with stamps.
Fussy cutting elements from pattern paper.
I have cut chipboard and bazzill.
I have welded letters onscreen to form words.
I have scanned in shapes I have found on the internet to make cut files.
I have made cut files from my own handwritten designs.
It has done well at every job. I wish the screen were a bit bigger, and I wouldn't mind a stickier mat (though using painter's tape to hold the edges of paper works really well), but all in all and I am thrilled with this machine and I love not having to turn on my computer to use it. I give it 4.5 stars.
Cons: This machine is designed to get money out of you, and as an anti-maker. A lot of work went into crippling the machine to make it less usable in order to extract money from users:
1. Files are in a Brother-proprietary format. Brother has terms in the Terms of Service which mean that they effectively own anything you create with the Scanncut. They control your files. They sit on Brother's servers. You're not allowed to reverse-engineer them or try to get data out in any way. This is of questionable legality. That's not the contract I entered into with Brother when I bough the device, so it's questionable that the provisions in the ToS are legally enforceable (you're not allowed to change contracts part-way in once both parties agree), but it's probably not worth a lawsuit. When I bough the machine, they certainly did not advertise that it would be more like a lease where I give up control of my files. Indeed, they widely advertise things like SVG support, which worked when I first bough the machine, but doesn't work anymore (my files from a few months back no longer work with their web service). The downside? No internet? No Scanncut. Brother changes their web site? Your files break (this has happened -- they started auto-realigning SVGs, so my files which had aligned plots and cuts no longer work). If Brother ever discontinues the Scanncut, you're SoL. Without their web site, it's almost a brick.
2. The cutting mats are designed to suck $$$ from you. They're intentionally thin, soft, and easy-to-cut-through. Upside? Brother sells lots of mats. Downsides? An incredible amount of futzing adjusting cutting pressure, speed, etc. to minimize damage. Even so, the machine won't cut through many materials I have no problem with on my cheap Fiskar's cutting mat. Variable thickness fabrics like corduroys or textured velvet or similar simply won't cut -- if you set the pressure to where it will cut the fabric, it will also cut the mat.
3. Even the fabric support sheets are designed to suck $$$ from you. A thin piece of plastic with tacky spray are $5 each. These ought to be $0.50, and disposable with each cut. The Scanncut will cut through them, and it's easy to get fabric fuzz on them. You're either our $5 per cut, or you do an incredible amount of work to maintain them, with cleaning, etc. If you do that, by the time you remove them, they're in a million little pieces, which you're scraping off of the support sheet. Pain in the butt.
This would be a brilliant, 5-star product if Brother were to provide open file formats, open APIs, etc. A huge maker ecosystem would evolve around this. I can do things in a few minutes which used to take hours. I can design things on my computer such as camera cases which hold their shape by slightly changing dimensions of layers of fabric, board games, etc. All of these take literally minutes to cut and glue or sew. The idea of combining this with a scanner is brilliant, but crippled by lack of openness. I can't, for example, have it automatically align to fabric. Once I take something off of the mat onto my sewing machine, I'll never get an accurate, aligned cut again.
Not a problem any more. I make up my design in Photoshop or Illustrator, print the image, and scan the image into the ScanNCut. I scan my fabric (I'm not a scrapbooker; at least, I'm not yet), position the design where I want it on the fabric, and tell the machine to cut it. WOW - no more wobbly cuts that have to be fixed before they're appliquéd. And the ability to make any shape - lettering, silhouettes, anything - if I can draw it, I can cut it.
It took me less than an hour to get it set up and figured out. My first project was for my mom - she wanted fabric circles, pinked, in the right size to use as covers for jars of her canned garden produce that she plans to give at Christmas. I drew a circle in Illustrator, added the zigzag effect to get the "pinked" edge, and printed it. I scanned the print on the SnC (BTW, Brother knows this is a pain, and they're working on making it easier), scanned the fabric, positioned the design on the fabric, and set the machine to cut. This sounds like it must take forever, but, really, it's faster than drawing the circles on the fabric and cutting them manually with pinking shears. I had the whole bunch finished in about 5 minutes, and they were perfect - lots better than manual cuts.
I think this is a great thing - Brother hits another home run with this one.
Yes, it is a bit expensive but it actually does a lot of things I just have not gotten that far into it yet. I can now cut out my digital stamps with ease and not have to worry. LOVE IT>
Most recent customer reviews
for higher prices than the new one.Read more