Brother ScanNCut2 Home and Hobby Cutting Machine with Rhinestone Trial Kit
- Add sparkle to almost any ScanNCut project with the Rhinestone Trial Kit. Includes all the materials you need to create one-of-a-kind rhinestone designs!
- 4.85" LCD touch screen display, 30% larger than before!
- Wireless Network Ready, PC Connectivity, or Stand-Alone - Over 600 designs and 7 built-in fonts
- 300 DPI Built-in Scanner and RBG color recognition - Create your own cut files with enhanced scanning
- ScanNCutCanvas - Free cloud-based web application for editing and designing cut data. New project gallery provides step by step instructions and downloadable cut files to create unique projects. Visit ScannCutcanvas.Brother.com
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Introductory Offer-Rhinestone Trial Kit! $49.99 Value, While Supplies Last! Developed with the advanced, cutting-edge technology that Brother is known for, ScanNCut2 is truly an incredible innovation in electronic cutting machines - giving artists the freedom to make truly unique, one of a kind creations with the push of a button. Take your crafting to a whole new level! The Brother ScanNCut2 is a stand-alone machine with option of now connecting wirelessly or directly to a PC! The Brother ScanNCut 2 home and hobby cutting machine does not require cartridges, dies, or monthly subscriptions. Unlike other cutting machines, the Brother ScanNCut2 allows you to scan virtually anything - from your handmade drawings, cherished family photos, home decor designs and more - and then create custom-cut shapes or outlines to fit your unique project. The Brother ScanNCut2 machine features a high-quality built-in 300DPI scanner, a super-large LCD touch screen display (30% larger than before), ability to read SVG data files, and over 600 built-in designs. Requires ScanNCut Online activation card, sold separately
From the manufacturer
Introductory offer includes a FREE Rhinestone Trial Kit
Added $49.99 value free for a limited time
New Features! New Low Price!
- Color touch screen display with large 4.85" screen for easier viewing
- Wireless Network Ready* using ScanNCut Online – transfer files with ease
- 300 DPI Built-in Scanner to create your own cut files
- Stand alone use with built-in designs and fonts, no fees, no subscriptions
- VG data readability - Utilize art files you already have, no need to buy more
- ScanNCutCanvas - Free cloud-based web application for editing and designing cut data (visit ScanNCutCanvas.Brother.com)
- Precision Cutting - German carbide blade, Japan design quality
4.85” Touch Screen Display, 30% Larger Than Before
You will love having the ability to create and edit detailed designs to your liking on the super-large color LCD touch screen display including the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs! All without the use of a computer or expensive design cartridges. Editing designs is both quick and easy with the new ScanNCut2.
Stand-Alone 631 Built-In Designs Including 100 Appliqué Designs and 7 Fonts
Get Creative! Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For even more variety in your creations, combine built-in designs or scan an image to create a one-of-a-kind design.
Wireless Network Ready*
Transfer files directly to the machine from ScanNCutCanvas and vice versa.
*ScanNCut Online activation card required not included.
SVG Data Readability
Free Cloud Based Web Application for Editing and Designing Cut Data
Visit ScanNCutCanvas.Brother.com. Tablet friendly and no subscription needed!
The Versatility of ScanNCut2 is a Cut Above The Rest!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The CM350 is the latest generation of the Brother ScanNCut product line. It includes a full color 300dpi scanner that uses the same feeding mechanism as the cutter. The CM350R includes the rhinestone startup kit (sample materials and rhinestones as well as a code to activate the rhinestone design option on the ScanNCut Canvas online software)
The CM350 can be used as a standalone cutter, either with the built-in fonts and artwork, or with the built-in scanner. It can also cut files created by the ScanNCut Canvas web application, a free app available at http://scanncutcanvas.brother.com. This application runs inside a browser and also works well on iPad and Android tablets (no need to download or pay for an app). You can download the cut files to a USB stick and plug it into the ScanNCut, or send it directly to the ScanNCut if you purchase the $50 ScanNCut Online Activation Card. Unfortunately, you cannot purchase the code online; you have to actually buy a card, scratch it, read the code and enter it manually. Still, I like the fact that the software supports SVG in its free version (that will set you back $50 on the Silhouette).
The CM350 has a big brother, the CM650W. It comes with more built-in designs and fonts (not very significant if you prefer using your own designs), the online activation card (a $50 value), but it also supports PES (embroidery file) import for appliqué work, and the larger 12"x24" mat. Unfortunately, these are features that can not even be purchased and activated later, which makes absolutely no sense considering this is essentially the same exact machine. So, if you want to work on 12"x24" mats or do appliqué work, skip the CM350. Note that Silhouette offers embroidery format import as a $25 upgrade to Silhouette Designer (it's called "Designer Plus"). User Fawn pointed out that 12"x24" mats are supported for cutting, just not for scanning.
As a vinyl cutter, the Cameo is a clear winner since you can directly feed 12" wide vinyl and cut designs up to 10 feet in length. The CM350 limits you to 12"x24" (you can use the 12"x24" mat or feed the vinyl directly without a mat, thanks Fawn for pointing out my original mistake)
Where the ScanNCut really shines is with its built-in scanner feature and the many ways it leverages it:
- automatic cut line detection: scan artwork, isolate a section and let ScanNCut detect the cut line, and cut directly without even changing mats (you can do this on the Silhouette using the optional PixScan mat, but it's a much more cumbersome process)
- background scan allows you to perfectly place the cut on your material, perfect for cutting patterns in just the right spot without guesswork, or reuse scraps of material
WHO IS THE SCAN N CUT2 FOR?
The ScanNCut2 will be best for anyone with an allergy to computers. It does about as much as a standalone machine can possibly do, and does it extremely well -- and the ScanNCut Canvas software is available for free whenever you need to access more advanced features (the $50 online option buys you the capability to transfer the cut files from the web software directly to the ScanNCut over WiFi, but if you don't want to pay extra you can always use a USB stick). It's also a must for scrapbookers who do a lot of die cutting, as the scan and cut feature is incredibly easy to use and quick, unrivaled by any competitor.
WHO IS THE SCAN N CUT2 *NOT* FOR?
- Advanced computer users familiar with Illustrator or Corel Draw are likely to feel constrained by the limitations of the online Canvas software
- Vinyl cutters: the 12"x24" work area makes the Silhouette Cameo a much better choice with its 12"x120" vinyl capability
- People who need 12"x24" scanning or the embroidery PES import feature should avoid the CM350 and look into the CM650W instead (or the Silhouette Cameo with Designer Plus software, a less expensive option)
This is really a 5 star machine because it's so easy to use, and while as a computer expert I feel much more comfortable with the Silhouette products, I know many craft enthusiasts who still are intimidated by computer software but desperately want to move away from the constricting cartridge-based Cricut; the ScanNCut will be a perfect transition machine for them.
I took away one star because I am really mad at Brother for creating this confusing set of models out of what is essentially the same machine, making it difficult to choose and even understand what it is you're buying, and arbitrarily locking you out of upgrading to get these new features.
As long as you know what you're getting into... It's a very powerful and well made machine.