Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,002 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,032 reviews
on July 9, 2011
Remember...Just putting in a new toner cartridge is not going to "tell" the printer that I have replaced it. I have a Brother HL 2240 laser printer; after inserting a new toner cartridge, I (you) have to reset the printer by pressing the "GO" button 7 times.

FYI: when your current cartridge is running low, your printer may stop working. You can take out the cartridge, shake it from left to right a couple of times, reinsert it into the printer, and hit the "GO" button 7 times. You will be able to get hundreds more full quality pages before the toner REALLY runs out.

Kinda lame, but I guess this is how printer companies really make a profit.
2828 comments| 384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2012
Bought this cartridge for a new Brother HL-2270DW. In less than 2 or 3 hundred pages the toner light started flashing and the printer refused to print. I did not believe that the cartridge could possibly be out of toner, so I searched the web and found the following instructions to reset the out of toner condition:
===================
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off. (error may be flashing)
The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
====================
The printer functioned fine after the reset. I have no idea how long the "fix" will last.
A pox on companies that build devices like this.
ONE YEAR LATER April 16, 2013
So I have had this printer for one year now and I must say, that except for the above problem, it has functioned flawlessly. In retrospect it has proved to be very cost effective and efficient.
ALMOST TWO YEARS LATER February 9, 2014
Many readers have suggested that I should reconsider the one star review.
I appreciate their point, especially as I am coming up on two years of ownership and the printer is still performing well. (Subject to an occasional reset.)
But I just can't get passed what I take to be intentional misinformation by Brother to their customers causing them to buy unneeded toner. That just seems dishonest to me. But I will say this, if I were in the market for a similar printer I believe that the HL-2270DW would be a good choice as long as one knew about the bogus out of toner problem.
I have received feedback from many people who have saved a lot of money by extending the life of their toner cartridges. For that reason more than any other I believe I will let the review stand.
ADDENDUM April 9, 2014
Yesterday the printer decided that I should replace the drum. The drum light would flash and any attempt to print resulted in an error. The last prints looked excellent so I was not about to replace a good drum. I tried a drum reset but it did not work so I did a Brother HL-2270dw - Factory reset and now all is fine.
This is how I did it:
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Hold the GO button while you turn the printer on. Hold the button until all the LEDs light up and the Ready LED light turns off.
3. Release GO, all the LEDs will turn off.
4. Press GO ten times. The printer will now restart.
5150+ comments| 567 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
Get the TN450. The TN420 costs only $2 less, but doesn't last anywhere as long (ratings are 1200 vs 2600 pages). The TN420 and TN450 shells are functionally identical, just different amounts of toner inside.

Brother TN450 High Yield Compatible Replacement Toner Cartridge by PDS (1 Pack)

or LD © Compatible High Yield Black Laser Toner Cartridge for Brother TN450

Refill kits go for about $10 per refill. Check Ink Owl, and view their Youtube video. You can refill your Brother cartridges indefinitely, as long as your drum unit is good. Drum units for the 2270W (DR-420) are rated at 12000 pages. Available on ebay for about $30.

You can even refill the starter cartridge that comes with the printer! To do this, you need a "flag gear", which costs about $6.

Refilling cartridges is a messy business. You pretty much need to have a change of work clothes available, a vacuum, dust mask, gloves, and access to an area that can get grimy. After all, ruining a nice suit or dress or needing a rug shampoo negates the savings.
on December 10, 2013
I use this in a business (in a Brother DCP-7065DN printer) and it seems like the low toner light is always coming on. I average printing 1000 pages per month, so I've been trying to find ways to stretch the cartridge life, including toner save mode, etc.

I've started resetting the toner count to get more life out of these drums, and I am currently on my third reset of the same cartridge with no decreased performance. Later I will try to advise my max life out of this unit.

The procedure to reset the drum page count on the 7065 DN printer is as follows:

1. Open the drum door
2. Press the "Clear" button
3. Press the "Start" button
4. Press the down arrow
5. Press the up arrow
6. Press OK.

*** Update: To address an error above, I stated third reset, should have been the second reset/third cycle.
I made it about halfway through my third cycle before seeing noticeable light and dark areas on my pages.***
on June 15, 2017
I have not yet had to load this in my printer. The original that came with my printer which I purchased 2+ years ago still has toner. The printer indicated low toner several times about three months ago but since I took it out and shook it, it has worked perfectly with no warnings. The laser printer is much more economical than an inkjet. I estimate I have saved at least $200 for ink over the past two years since I don't need to print in color very often.
on May 25, 2017
I have always had good luck with this product until now. I ordered a new cartridge, the first one to arrive didn't work in my machine, so I sent it back for a full return. The second one I had to over night to keep my business up and running has never worked well, and now within a month has stopped working. I order the Brother brand, which is more expensive, to ensure I get a quality product, but this will be the last time.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 17, 2014
Works just like the original cartridge. I do notice that on Brother OEM cartridges that the printer will indicate that the toner is about to run out months in advance (for light use printing at home). This is due to the mechanical dial that signals to the printer when most of the toner is used. This feature would be perfect for an office that prints a lot of pages every day. But because I only print a few pages a week, it's a bit of an annoyance since it makes my printer software popup low toner warnings every time I turn on the computer. Thankfully it's easy enough to reset this dial with a screwdriver and some rubber gloves (to keep the toner off your hands!) if you look around on YouTube a bit.
on July 12, 2017
I stick with the manufacturer's own brand name rather than use the generic, "no-name" replacements. With generics, I've had mixed results. Some work well and some have half as much toner as the manufacturer's own brand name. I'd rather have the added reliability of the brand name version than the others that are out there. This one works perfectly for Brother printers.
on March 11, 2015
Put it in (as directed), fired up the Brother EHL-2270DW (refurbished) and it works perfect .

Reason for Laser Printer purchase - I use my printer sporadically, and the ink (in my inkJet) dried out .
Tried all the cleaning suggestions, and still didn't work . Angers me that I can't print in 'black' when one of the colors is out; so I bought a this black only printer. AND this ink can't dry out, as it's a powder in the cartridge that gets heat pressed into (good quality) paper .
My computer tech says, every time he tried 'generic' ink/toner products, he had trouble. So Brother Toner Cartridges are all I'll buy .
on October 23, 2014
the first time i bought this cartridge, it lasted a good 3-4 months. the 2nd time i bought this cartridge, it lasted only a month!!! i am in nursing school so i do print off a lot of stuff, but there is NO way that i used up an entire cartridge within a month's use. i use the toner save mode so it should've made it last a good while with printing pages but i am not sure why it ran out of toner so quickly this time when i have not printed as much as i have previously. i may order again because my local stores do not carry this and i get free 2 day shipping, but what an awful time for it to run out without any warning.