Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,899 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,500 reviews
on June 28, 2017
This is a great children’s fiction picture book written by Bill Martin Jr. with illustrations by Eric Carle. Your students will make you read it to them over and over. It introduces colors and animals in a simple yet imaginative way. The illustrations are great. The story asks certain animals what they see to which they answer what they see looking at them. The book finishes with a summary of all the animals that the children have seen.
This book could be used in the school setting as an interactive read-aloud. The book has simple, repetitive, rhyming text. This style of writing will allow students to interact and join in reading the story as they become more familiar with it. Student can anticipate what is going to appear next in the book. Students can test their memory through recall and can they can sequence the order in which everything appeared. As an extension to the book, students could be asked to come up with their own animal and create a class book following the same structure of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. This is a cute book for all to read and enjoy.
on December 8, 2013
My daughter has the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? book and when I saw this one, I had to have it! My daughter will be 2yrs old in December and I thought this would make a nice addition to her Eric Carle book collection.
The book is colorful, easy to hold, and has that unmistakeable charm that all of Eric Carle's books carry. The pictures, as well as the characters, are all far more advanced than in the original Brown Bear book. The book is dedicated to the wild life of North America and has a forward encouraging everyone to do there part in the conservation efforts Eric Carle supports.
Long story short- it's worth it!
I would recommend this to a person with small children and children learning how to read as well as reading at advanced levels.
on May 26, 2016
A huge boardbook "Brown Bear..." how have I lived without this awesome book? Ok overly dramatic I know, but this book is great. They were using it for baby story time at our local library and I took a snapshot of the ISBN and was so happy to find it on amazon. Both my kids can sit together and read it without fighting over who gets to hold it-it's big enough to fit on both laps! My daughter also brought it in to her kindergarten class as a read aloud book and it was very easy to hold while showing all the students the pictures.
The repetitive wording and rhythm makes it great for kids learning to read and the pictures are just amazing! Also wonderful for teaching/reviewing colors with your kids. There are also tons of activities that can be done with this book including nature walks, coloring activities, sorting activities and the list goes on and on. I wish all of Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle's books came in this extra large board book style.
on August 2, 2017
I bought this for a co-workers baby shower and it came just as pictured! Unlike other reviewers, I did not have issues with missing or mix-matched pages. The book was of great quality. It is a little smaller than I thought it would be, but nevertheless, still perfect for new baby!
on February 8, 2017
Purchased full price and this review is unbiased.

A classic story and a complete favorite here. My toddler requests this book before bed almost every night! There are a ton of homeschool lessons that use this book as well, so it is a nice one to keep on hand. This board book is sturdy and will last us forever!
on April 18, 2017
My babies love this book! It is nice that the picture of the animal is on the same page as the "I see a yellow duck looking at me" that way they can have an easier time identifying the sentences with what they see. Not all brown bear books are like that
on July 19, 2017
This will be part of a bi-lingual library my daughter and son-in-law are building prior to the arrival of their first child. I think the concept is great. Book was perfect in every way and they read it to my daughter's stomach the other night! LOL
on November 25, 2014
Read this story to my own kids and was my grandson's first favorite - the only book he would sit through when he was 5 or 6 months and he would listen as I read it several times in a row. Not sure if it's the pictures or the repeat rhythm, but he loved it. "Brown Bear" was among his first words :-)

I am very disappointed in the changing of words from our old book to the newer one. The old book has mother as the adult, this has replaced the mother with teacher. I don't like the transition from making a parent the important person for a child to making a teacher the important person for a child.
on March 27, 2017
My daughter loves this book!!! It took her a week to finally love it. likes how the book is small and easy to grip. I remember when I read this book, it was larger than what I purchased but she wouldn't able to hold that big book so I am glad there was a smaller version! :)
on July 16, 2017
This is such a cute book for toddlers. We taught my 4 year old all the words and she's been reading it to my 2 year old. The 2 year old now knows all the words too. My 2 year old's speech therapist had recommended this book. The girls love it!