Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,868 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,462 reviews
on March 20, 2016
This is my daughters favorite book! It has traveled with us across the country. She has to have it with her at all times. The book is perfect for little hands. She is 16 months and the size is great. She is able to grab the book and flip throughout the pages independently.
review image review image
on December 15, 2016
I have always been a fan of anything Eric Carle, and this was no exception. I haven't read as much of Bill Martin Jr.'s writings, but what I have read I enjoyed. I can remember reading this book to my younger brother when he was little, and now I get to do the same with my son. The illustrations are so unique and eye catching. I really like this book because it also helps teaching the names of many types of animals. It is a good length for a quick story, but long enough that you may not have to read more than one. The phrases is this book flow nicely, and always make my son smile. If you are just starting to find books for you little one, this is a good choice, as well as Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Board Book) by Bill Martin Jr and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
on April 22, 2017
I bought this because my daughters loved Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and was not as taken with this version. It is full of more complicated animal types that do not flow easily with the rhythm. I have yet to memorize this book (and I've memorized ALL of the others that we own), which makes it hard to read when you're trying to tilt it so multiple kids can see the pictures. The illustrations are nice, and my daughters do like it, but I'm definitely not as big a fan of this book as the original.
on October 7, 2015
My son's pre-school teacher read this to my son and he couldn't stop repeating the words all the way home.... panda bear, panda what do you see.. I end up buying 2 other Bill Martin/Eric Carle books the same day. The hard cover books are perfect for those little hands, helps with turning pages. This is a must have for little ones, it teaches them about animals and their senses! Now my son reads this book to me!!
on December 15, 2016
Book spine is already coming apart from book. 😕
review image review image
on August 7, 2016
Our little one Loves Brown Bear so, I wanted to get her a follow up and after reading the options, choose this one.

I knew it was going to have unique animals, but I didn't realize how unique they would be. Flying squirrel?! I'm sure she will love what unique animals it details when she is a bit older, but being only 18 months, she isn't really into them. The illustrations lack the bright colors of Brown Bear. When we read Brown Bear we do the animal sounds for each page and with this one, that isn't really an option.

Still satisfied with my purchase, but probably should have chosen one of the other sister books for our preference.
on July 16, 2017
After about five readings you'll know this book so well you'll be able to read it without being able to see it. Which will be helpful, because if you're reading this to your average toddler (1.5-3 year old) you'll probably need to read without seeing anyway. You can even try to set it to a tune, you can read it backwards and forwards, it's cute no matter what you do, and it's always nice see these bright, colorful pages. You know, when your little one isn't stealing it from your hand to read to you!
on June 28, 2017
This is a great children’s fiction picture book written by Bill Martin Jr. with illustrations by Eric Carle. Your students will make you read it to them over and over. It introduces colors and animals in a simple yet imaginative way. The illustrations are great. The story asks certain animals what they see to which they answer what they see looking at them. The book finishes with a summary of all the animals that the children have seen.
This book could be used in the school setting as an interactive read-aloud. The book has simple, repetitive, rhyming text. This style of writing will allow students to interact and join in reading the story as they become more familiar with it. Student can anticipate what is going to appear next in the book. Students can test their memory through recall and can they can sequence the order in which everything appeared. As an extension to the book, students could be asked to come up with their own animal and create a class book following the same structure of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. This is a cute book for all to read and enjoy.
on December 8, 2013
My daughter has the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? book and when I saw this one, I had to have it! My daughter will be 2yrs old in December and I thought this would make a nice addition to her Eric Carle book collection.
The book is colorful, easy to hold, and has that unmistakeable charm that all of Eric Carle's books carry. The pictures, as well as the characters, are all far more advanced than in the original Brown Bear book. The book is dedicated to the wild life of North America and has a forward encouraging everyone to do there part in the conservation efforts Eric Carle supports.
Long story short- it's worth it!
I would recommend this to a person with small children and children learning how to read as well as reading at advanced levels.
on May 26, 2016
A huge boardbook "Brown Bear..." how have I lived without this awesome book? Ok overly dramatic I know, but this book is great. They were using it for baby story time at our local library and I took a snapshot of the ISBN and was so happy to find it on amazon. Both my kids can sit together and read it without fighting over who gets to hold it-it's big enough to fit on both laps! My daughter also brought it in to her kindergarten class as a read aloud book and it was very easy to hold while showing all the students the pictures.
The repetitive wording and rhythm makes it great for kids learning to read and the pictures are just amazing! Also wonderful for teaching/reviewing colors with your kids. There are also tons of activities that can be done with this book including nature walks, coloring activities, sorting activities and the list goes on and on. I wish all of Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle's books came in this extra large board book style.