Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,771 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,345 reviews
on March 20, 2016
This is my daughters favorite book! It has traveled with us across the country. She has to have it with her at all times. The book is perfect for little hands. She is 16 months and the size is great. She is able to grab the book and flip throughout the pages independently.
review image review image
on September 19, 2016
One of my child's favorite book.

Reason for four stars. The page with the woman on it they changed from the original publishing. It originally said "mother, mother what do you see?", now it says "teacher, teacher what do you see?". I'm not sure why they change the story, I am used to saying Mother, so I still say it while I'm reading it to her.

Also the illustrations are different from the original release, not very different, but enough that my two year old took two times reading it to realize what the animals where. She already knew how to locate each of the animals from the original book.

This is a great book for teaching a toddler animal recognition, color, and animal sounds. The repetition in the book helps a lot.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 29, 2015
I sent off this book to an almost-three-year old Great-nephew to help him learn colors and animals. It works. He’s learned basic colors and is familiar with the animals depicted in the book and mightily enjoys reading and reciting the words on every page.

The logic of Bill Martin’s delightful poem is easy for him to follow (Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see? I see a red bird looking at me. Red bird, red bird, what do you see?...). and on through a charming chain of different colored animals until a simple, surprising ending. Eric Carle’s illustrations are wonderful as usual.

The book itself is a well-made board book with bright colors and should easily withstand toddler wear and tear.
on April 16, 2014
My almost 3 year old son is globally delayed and has a provisional diagnosis of autism. He has just started labeling but other than that doesn't do much talking. When I received this book I printed out the same pictures of the animals in little squares and used Velcro so he could take them on and off the pages. Whatever page we are on he pulls off that animal and says the name of the animal. When we finish reading I ask for a picture, frog for example, he then puts it on the frog page and says bye bye frog. Sometimes I can even get him to tell me what sound the animals make! We love this book! Eric Carle is excellent!
on October 7, 2015
My son's pre-school teacher read this to my son and he couldn't stop repeating the words all the way home.... panda bear, panda what do you see.. I end up buying 2 other Bill Martin/Eric Carle books the same day. The hard cover books are perfect for those little hands, helps with turning pages. This is a must have for little ones, it teaches them about animals and their senses! Now my son reads this book to me!!
on March 23, 2017
Brown Bear, Brown Bear is my 2 year olds very favorite book! His baby sister tore apart his hardback copy so we came to amazon to get the board book version. Love the quality of this book and the size is perfect for little hands. Great book for any age!
on March 11, 2017
Our children LOVE this book--and so do we! Beautiful pictures, repetitive refrain that children catch onto quickly. You will be reading this over and over. Makes a perfect baby gift/big sibling gift.
on October 28, 2016
My 4 yr old is really happy with this book and reaches for it quite a bit. Seems a little different from my childhood but still enjoyable.
on March 6, 2017
My 18 month old LOVES this book. He says "teacher, teacher" and giggles when the teacher page comes up. Very cute!
on March 17, 2017
MINT! Great book! Just regular sized hardcover, not like classic Eric Carle size, but a GREAT learn to read book!