Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,879 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,476 reviews
on August 7, 2016
Our little one Loves Brown Bear so, I wanted to get her a follow up and after reading the options, choose this one.

I knew it was going to have unique animals, but I didn't realize how unique they would be. Flying squirrel?! I'm sure she will love what unique animals it details when she is a bit older, but being only 18 months, she isn't really into them. The illustrations lack the bright colors of Brown Bear. When we read Brown Bear we do the animal sounds for each page and with this one, that isn't really an option.

Still satisfied with my purchase, but probably should have chosen one of the other sister books for our preference.
on July 16, 2017
After about five readings you'll know this book so well you'll be able to read it without being able to see it. Which will be helpful, because if you're reading this to your average toddler (1.5-3 year old) you'll probably need to read without seeing anyway. You can even try to set it to a tune, you can read it backwards and forwards, it's cute no matter what you do, and it's always nice see these bright, colorful pages. You know, when your little one isn't stealing it from your hand to read to you!
on June 28, 2017
This is a great children’s fiction picture book written by Bill Martin Jr. with illustrations by Eric Carle. Your students will make you read it to them over and over. It introduces colors and animals in a simple yet imaginative way. The illustrations are great. The story asks certain animals what they see to which they answer what they see looking at them. The book finishes with a summary of all the animals that the children have seen.
This book could be used in the school setting as an interactive read-aloud. The book has simple, repetitive, rhyming text. This style of writing will allow students to interact and join in reading the story as they become more familiar with it. Student can anticipate what is going to appear next in the book. Students can test their memory through recall and can they can sequence the order in which everything appeared. As an extension to the book, students could be asked to come up with their own animal and create a class book following the same structure of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. This is a cute book for all to read and enjoy.
on December 8, 2013
My daughter has the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? book and when I saw this one, I had to have it! My daughter will be 2yrs old in December and I thought this would make a nice addition to her Eric Carle book collection.
The book is colorful, easy to hold, and has that unmistakeable charm that all of Eric Carle's books carry. The pictures, as well as the characters, are all far more advanced than in the original Brown Bear book. The book is dedicated to the wild life of North America and has a forward encouraging everyone to do there part in the conservation efforts Eric Carle supports.
Long story short- it's worth it!
I would recommend this to a person with small children and children learning how to read as well as reading at advanced levels.
on May 26, 2016
A huge boardbook "Brown Bear..." how have I lived without this awesome book? Ok overly dramatic I know, but this book is great. They were using it for baby story time at our local library and I took a snapshot of the ISBN and was so happy to find it on amazon. Both my kids can sit together and read it without fighting over who gets to hold it-it's big enough to fit on both laps! My daughter also brought it in to her kindergarten class as a read aloud book and it was very easy to hold while showing all the students the pictures.
The repetitive wording and rhythm makes it great for kids learning to read and the pictures are just amazing! Also wonderful for teaching/reviewing colors with your kids. There are also tons of activities that can be done with this book including nature walks, coloring activities, sorting activities and the list goes on and on. I wish all of Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle's books came in this extra large board book style.
on February 8, 2017
Purchased full price and this review is unbiased.

A classic story and a complete favorite here. My toddler requests this book before bed almost every night! There are a ton of homeschool lessons that use this book as well, so it is a nice one to keep on hand. This board book is sturdy and will last us forever!
on June 3, 2016
Its hard to find books newborns and infants... They wont really pay attention to many books, and I have PLENTY that I have tried. I started reading this to my son starting at 1-2 months and he has loved it! He is now 7 months and loves it too! Its short, sweet, and has a cute rhythm to it (does not rhyme). The pictures are vibrant enough to catch his attention and not overly cluttered. There is just one animal on each page and babies love that... Clear outline of an animal. I have other books with seemingly pretty illustrations that are bright and colorful but my son could care less about those.

I highly recommend this book and even buy it as gifts for new moms! It is a classic for every nursery.

Also, I want to note that I dont get sick of reading it over and over...
on April 18, 2017
My babies love this book! It is nice that the picture of the animal is on the same page as the "I see a yellow duck looking at me" that way they can have an easier time identifying the sentences with what they see. Not all brown bear books are like that
on July 19, 2017
This will be part of a bi-lingual library my daughter and son-in-law are building prior to the arrival of their first child. I think the concept is great. Book was perfect in every way and they read it to my daughter's stomach the other night! LOL
on November 25, 2014
Read this story to my own kids and was my grandson's first favorite - the only book he would sit through when he was 5 or 6 months and he would listen as I read it several times in a row. Not sure if it's the pictures or the repeat rhythm, but he loved it. "Brown Bear" was among his first words :-)

I am very disappointed in the changing of words from our old book to the newer one. The old book has mother as the adult, this has replaced the mother with teacher. I don't like the transition from making a parent the important person for a child to making a teacher the important person for a child.