Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bruder Toys Loader Backhoe
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on September 23, 2008
A review of the Bruder Loader/Backhoe. I've read in the other reviews that they have had problems with durability. We've had this toy for two weeks now and haven't had a problem. Maybe after some more rough play we will have some breaks as well, but at this point it's held up well and provides a lot of fun.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2008
I asked that the toy be delivered prior to my grandson's 3rd birthday and it arrived in time for the birthday party and the break in Boston's weather to be enjoyed in the park before the rain arrived. The backhoe is the exact workhorse needed to complete my granson's corporation yard to repair any street from Boston's winter weather or install a new BIG DITCH along its harbor. I will use the same system to order another toy for the next celebration, whatever it may be....Thanks, From a greatfull Bompa
review image
on October 29, 2014
I can't really understand the multiple comments on the strength and quality of this toy, it's made of very thin plastic, the movable parts are flimsy. This is not a long time use toy.

The look is great and realistic with nice details but my three year old had pieces bent and warped in one play session and he's not a rough kid. I don't want to be negative but I would really suggest looking elsewhere, especially for the price. Hope this is helpful and not overly negative.
on September 30, 2009
This German made product is as tough as its heavier metal competitors. I now have 6 of these Bruder products at my home and have purchased another three for grandsons. When my grandsons visit, these are the first toys they drag out and play with during their entire stay. Many moving parts but yet very durable.
on October 24, 2014
My boy loved this tractor, but be aware that it is plastic and doesn't hold up to much little boy play. We've had ours for a year and the front loader bucket has broken off, and the backhoe doesn't clip in and stay in place like it used to. That is a little disappointing for a boy who loves his tractors.
on April 22, 2014
We bought this to replace one my son received as a gift and broke. He played with it outside, with a real load of stones, and the loader scoop broke off. Well, he brought the second one outside and played a bit too roughly and it's broken now, too. Really cool and lifelike toy, but not built for outdoor play. I've noticed that you can also sometimes score these trucks at TJMaxx for great prices, so think that's where I'll try from now on.
on February 1, 2014
Bruder toys are tough enough to handle our three year old grandson, simple enough for him to handle and complex enough to keep him interested.
on October 30, 2015
Looks neat but seems really overpriced for something made entirely made of lightweight plastic. For this price I was expecting something durable and heavy. Feels about the same quality I would expect in a $20 toy. I don't expect it to last very long at the hands of a toddler playing outside despite costing more than the all-steel toys from Tonka, etc.
on December 17, 2014
The Bruder Trucks are my absolute favorite and we have 2 for my son (2 year old). I will warn you, though, if you're buying for someone under the age of 3 - you need to supervise their play with these trucks. My son plays very rough with these and can break off doors (they reattach easily) and some of the tiny pieces. It's not a problem with the truck - they clearly state that the age recommendation is 3+. They are very well made, and the plastic is high quality. A nice size, too! All the pieces move. Love love love these trucks and can't wait for my son to be able to really play with them properly!
on January 22, 2014
Our boys had one backhoe and used it a lot to dig, push around in the dirt, etc. that we got two so that they could each have a backhoe! Our 22 month old daughter even wants to use it! Bruder makes durable toys!