Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 228 reviews
on May 23, 2014
My first tree was ordered and shipped in the dead of winter 2013 and I think that even though I was watching for it and brought it in right away, it may have spent too long in a cold mail truck and got overly cold :( . I live in the upper Midwest and it routinely gets and stays 20 to 30 below zero here.

The tree was packed exceedingly well, but all the leaves shed off it while unpacking and shortly after. I returned the first tree with NO problems whatsoever, and got a replacement. The replacement was also packed well - so well, in fact, that I retained the box so that if/when I move I can pack the tree back into it for excellent protection.

The replacement tree is still thriving 6 months later. It has had numerous tiny flower blossoms on it, and the leaves are so rich and glossy green, visitors to my home have wondered whether the tree was real! It has developed shoots coming off that I will be learning how to properly trim just as soon as I order a book and some tools from Amazon. :-)

My tree came in a dark blue oval-shaped pot and I have that sitting inside a glass pie plate (for humidity and moisture). I had to keep the pie plate filled with water all winter due to the dry air...I do something similar for my orchids year round and they thrive, so I figured it can't hurt for the bonsai to get the same treatment. I also have a full-spectrum light on a timer that shines on the table where the orchids and bonsai live...I use this extensively (12 hours a day) in the winter...but again, I live in the frigid North, and if you live somewhere with more decent weather and actual sunlight year round, you will not need to coddle this tree. I only began coddling it because I wanted it to make it through our tough winter, and because I already had other plants I was babying.

This was a great choice for a first bonsai and I hope to have others some day. I would also consider giving this as a gift, but I would first make sure the recipient was interested in bonsai, because it would be a tragedy for this lovely plant to go unappreciated.
on February 16, 2014
Dropped all leaves upon arrival in mid December. Two months later some leaf growth at bottom of plant, but branches are dead.
on April 29, 2016
Packed with great care, I found inside a beautiful young bonsai. Looking forward to seeing this little tree age.

Update: after only 3 weeks its dead, I followed the instructions and now its gone.

Waste of money.
on June 6, 2016
This plant was purchased for me as a gift and I couldn't be happier with it! At first I was skeptical about the quality/health of a living plant being purchased online and shipped, but the plant arrived wonderfully packaged and in surprisingly good health. The one downside to purchasing any living thing online is that you do not know exactly what will arrive, but the plant has wonderful movement and loads of potential.

I am brand new to bonsai (my first tree), but I have learned a considerable amount this past year and this plant has many of the characteristics that are recommended to look for. I was so excited that I trimmed and wired the plant nearly immediately, only after a brief adjustment period. I have had the plant for a little under two months now and it has a ton of new growth already and is very healthy.

I have heard that Fukien Teas are on the finicky side but mine has thrived in my one-bedroom apartment, despite only having a south-facing window and somewhat limited light. I just keep the soil somewhat moist and give it as much sunlight and attention as possible (with care not to overwater). I have also begun misting it frequently and pruning occasionally, which seems to really be helping to encourage new growth.

Highly recommended for the beginner bonsai enthusiast!
on March 1, 2017
Their trees are normally very good, I have 2 ginseng trees from them taht are amazing but this one was real bad. It had been hacked in two places that made the tree look awful, no way of redeeming the look even with creativity shaping or grafting. Also it came infested with white bugs. I had to quarantine it away from my other trees.
on February 2, 2017
I purchased this and another Bonsai tree and when it arrived it contained bugs. I left it in my breezeway until I could get control of the insects. When I brought it into the house it infected my other bonsai trees that I have been babying for over 5 years. Now I am struggling with all of the trees. Breaks my heart. Be careful when purchasing from this company and if you find bugs send it back. I learned my lesson.
on September 22, 2016
The tree itself is quite lovely, it came with the curve and everything. It comes with a pretty blue tree-pot and slow release fertilizing. It smells quite nice. The only thing that worries me is when i opened it 3 very little bugs came out. I don't know how to feel about that.
on January 20, 2017
Tree came exactly as described, almost right from the picture. This is my first bonsai so I am no bonsai expert, but It's a week later and I haven't had any problems yet.
I did buy a humidity tray and grow light for the tree because I am keeping it indoors. Packaging was great, plenty of packing nuts and cardboard security inside the package. A few Yellow leaves upon arrival but I suppose that's to be expected from a 4 day journey with no sun or water. However, the soil was still moist when I opened the box (a very good sign).

I would recommend this seller to others and will do business with them again. A+ product so far.
on November 6, 2016
I waited a couple weeks before I did this review. The plant came in great condition! Had to water it when I first got it. I found a good location with an east location in my house so it gets its sunlight during the morning hours, but doesn't get too much. I leave it inside and keep the temperature around 68-73F. It does well in that temp. When it settled and got accustomed to the new environment, it lost about 20% of its leaves. That's normal. New leaves are growing in now. I water it about every 3 days and spray the leaves with water ever morning.

This is by far one of the easiest plants to maintain. Five star. I would buy again =)
on April 18, 2015
It arrived in 2 days (using Prime) and in perfect condition, with the right amount of moisture around the roots. Packaging was excellent, as good or better than any other plants I've received through the mail. A very pretty tree, bigger than I expected - in its container it is a little more than 12" tall. The trunk is in great shape, and the leaves were very shiny and healthy looking, with some flowers still on it. It has a faint sweet aroma, and the flowers are tiny and delicate. Very pleased with my purchase!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.