Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 19, 2016
I have practiced yoga on and off for several years, and recently started a home yoga practice. I got several yoga DVDs, and this was one of them. I love it! It's power yoga, so know that going in. There are three workouts on this DVD, which is great: levels 1, 2 and 3. I have done 2 and 3 (not 1) and I think 2 may actually be harder than 3 because you're holding the poses for longer. 3 moves quicker and has you doing a lot of poses. Both 2 and 3 challenged my balance and my flexibility, and I absolutely felt it the next day. Again, I loved it.

Bryan is a great instructor, and has a great, calming presence. He provides constant tips (pull your belly to your spine, tighten up your back leg, etc.) which I find very helpful. He also gives basic instruction as to what you should be thinking of in each pose (front leg at a 90 degree angle, back leg straight, belly pulled in, etc.) -- again, very helpful. It also shows him doing each pose so you know what it should look like. It's not a beginners DVD but if you have some background in yoga you'll be able to keep up. The only real criticism I have is he doesn't use the Sanskrit names for the poses. I like to know the true names of the poses as I'm doing them (I can't remember all of them off the top of my head), so I wish he did that. Otherwise, I'm very pleased.
on January 1, 2015
This has been my go-to yoga video since I started practicing yoga 5 years ago. I have severe issues with jaw clenching and very tense shoulders from mild PTSD and daily stresses. This video is the only workout I've found that I can do regularly without having my pain increase. My favorites are Power 1 and Power 3. Power 2 is a good work-out, but requires a lot of leg strength. The combination of poses really releases the tension in all parts of my body, including my jaw. I love the music in the video and I think Brian gives clear, concise directions on how to do the poses. I think this is a great video for an intermediate beginner (which is what I was when I first used this video) up to an advanced yogi. For beginners, you may not be able to make it through the whole workout the first couple of times, but it does get easier. After I started using this video, I gained quite a bit of muscle tone, especially in my arms and actually also lost a few pounds, even though I wasn't trying to lose weight.
on June 28, 2016
This is a really good DVD. I hesitated for a long time before buying it, because I wasn't sure I could get past the old look and production value. It's true, sometimes in the DVD he is hard to hear, because he's walking around the class and it just doesn't pick up everything he's saying very well, but after you get to know the routine, it's fine. And yes, I confess to giggling joyfully every time I see him cast soulful eyes at me in the intro. But the substance really is there. I always appreciate hearing different instructors' takes on the poses, you can get something different from each one and really expand your experience, and in this way he has definitely added value to my yoga practice. It's also nice to have 3 workouts that are fairly short - just around an hour each - but really give you a good workout. These will certainly be a permanent part of my DVD rotation.
on September 1, 2015
This is a strong Yoga CD, its not for the easy beginner. I have not worked through past the first phase and I have had several yoga classes many times. I like the challenge and you can always modify. The reason it did not get 5 stars is he does not have anyone showing a modified position all you see are well defined Yoga people.
on August 27, 2016
I just started getting into yoga and going to classes. Before I went to yoga classes, I tried a couple of dvds out so I could learn and not be completely lost in class. This DVD helped me a whole lot. It's not for someone who isn't already in pretty good shape, so if you're looking for something easy, this isn't it.
on October 23, 2013
Amazing!!!!
I have been practicing Yoga for 3 years on and off - both DVD's and group classes and have to say this DVD is better than any class or video !!!
Bryan - speaks very clearly and the moves can be adjusted to any level - just look at the variety of students and you will see many can't touch their toes
Bryan makes you feel comfortable with your ability, level and says Yoga is your time to honor your body and do not force anything -
After 2 days in a row I felt areas of my body (sore) that I have before after 5 days of a Yoga class..
One last thing the photo on the cover does not due Bryan justice has a amazing body
These three yoga programs are my favorite yoga of all time. I originally had the VHS tapes of these and I played them so much that the tapes wore out! I was very excited to see that these programs were now available on one DVD. Energize, Tone and Sweat are the three programs.

I had a very different experience than several of the reviewers who didn't like this DVD. It's almost as though we were watching totally different DVDs. This brings home the point that yoga is a very individual practice.

I am an advanced exerciser who does mainly weight training and intense cardio. I've been practicing yoga for about 8 years and consider myself a high intermediate.

It seems the stronger I get, the harder these yoga routines become. I think this is because as my strength and balance improve, I am going deeper into the poses. I'm also holding the poses longer. Thanks to yoga, I am so much more aware of my body and can really isolate exactly where I should be feeling a pose.

Why I love this DVD:

**It's yoga that grows with you. You can make the practice as easy or as hard as you like.

**No "impossible" poses like head stand or full crow.

**I feel so calm, yet energized after finishing.

**Bryan's calming voice is relaxing on its own.

**Bryan gives just enough instruction and doesn't go on endlessly about a pose. I have found this to be a major annoyance with other yoga workouts, most notable Cathe Friedrich and Tracey Staehle yoga programs.

**The calming music suits the workout.

**The set, that of an old warehouse with brick walls and wooden floors fits the mood of the workouts.

There are a few things to note in these workouts. I don't consider them to be negatives. Here are the things:

**Bryan doesn't give a lot of form pointers. To get the most out of this workout, you should be somewhat familiar with the various yoga poses.

**Bryan usually doesn't give the yoga terms for the poses. For example with fierce pose, he just says to bend your knees and raise your arms. It wasn't until I did subsequent yoga workouts by other instructors that I learned the official pose names.

**Even though I love all three programs, I couldn't really tell the difference between the three. I felt that I was able to Energize, Tone and Sweat in each program.

**The only chaptering in this DVD is between the 3 programs.

**The production quality isn't great. I think they had to convert the VHS tapes onto DVD, so there wasn't a lot to work with.

I highly recommend this DVD. It has stood the test of time.
on November 22, 2014
I like the style of this yoga DVD and I especially like Bryan Kest's attitude. He is relaxed and very encouraging to accept yourself whereever you are in your personal yoga practice. Sometimes he seems a little "too friendly" with some of the yoga actors, but i just ignore that. I am writing that incase it were something that bothered you.

I have been doing yoga at home/and some studio time on and off for 10 years. I took a break and bought this to get back into yoga. It is very hard. If you can do more experienced poses like crow and such- this will be challenging for you. For beginners, you need to work up to this practice. Level one is very difficult. I haven't made it through an entire level yet, but I am working towards it.
on April 26, 2017
Previously owned this DVD and it was spent so I repurchased another one. :) I'm a vinyasa flow girl and I love the fluidity in this DVD. Bummed I didn't check out Bryan Kest's yoga studio when I lived in Santa Monica.
on May 7, 2015
This video has a number of strengths and, of course, a weakness.

First, the strengths. The instruction is very good. I think the way Bryan walks students through the moves is the best I have had in a yoga video. I learned more about the proper way to move into poses, hold the poses, what they are for, how they will help, etc. than from any other one I’ve used. Bryan also discusses the proper feeling from each pose and how to stretch further or, if you cannot go so far, he lets you know that it is ok and to only go as far as feels comfortable. I’ve only gone through it one time, but I’ve learned a lot already and can’t wait to go through it again. Another strength is that since he coaches you through each move so well, I pushed myself a little further and afterwards I really felt like I had a decent workout.

Probably the most notable disadvantage to this video is the quality of the picture. I’m sure it is not HD, so it’s not the clearest you can get. However, while practicing yoga and following along, you probably won’t spend a whole lot of time watching since you will be in the poses. I think the value gained from the coaching and the way Bryan seems to care that you are doing things correctly, rather than looking good, certainly goes a long way to make up for the video quality.

Based on this one, I plan to purchase one of the other two videos down the road. By the way, if you are a beginner, this one should be fine since Bryan instructs you how to perform the poses correctly and that you do not need to go as far as the people in the video.

I give this five stars for content and instruction quality, but have to lower it to four because of the picture quality.