Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 23, 2016
I was at bar when a few female patrons asked if anyone had a knife. Of coarse a few men jumped at the opportunity to pull out their knives to impress the women. All had excellent knives, slightly bigger, and more intimidating than my Gent. The women hesitated to take any of the other knives, but as soon as I handed them my Gent, both immediately went to take it from my hands. The other men laughed at my Gent, but quickly realized my Gent got the ladies attention better than their knives. Another woman said, "A man that carries a knife like that is a gentleman who is secure in his manhood, and doesn't need to carry a Rambo knife." I have bigger/scarier knives in my collection, but the Gent is my EDC. It has never failed me, nor has it failed to impress anyone that's used it.
3 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2014
UPDATE 1/7/2016: After much excellent service, the lock back bar has loosened on the knife, allowing it to partly open on its own. Not by a lot, but about half an inch - just enough to snag clothing or your fingers when reaching into your pocket. Sadly, because of this, the knife will most likely be headed for the tackle box, as I just can't see the point in sending it in for a replacement from Buck.

It still holds a great edge and has been sharpened only a few times since I've owned it. It's cut through pretty much everything from fishing line to packing tape and cardboard. Been a very reliable knife and a great deal for the price. I'll leave my original review for those who wish to have a THEN and NOW comparison.

==============================================================================================

This is a VERY sharp, good quality blade. The casing is very slim and takes a bit of getting used to. I was at first disappointed with this knife and almost sent it back. However, I figured worst case scenario, I'd have a good spare blade for my tackle box.

Well, I tossed it into my pocket and forgot about it until I needed to cut something open. Instead of using my regular pocket knife that I always keep handy, I decided to give this one a try. Then the next time I needed to cut something open, same thing.

And again, and again. It hasn't made it to my tackle box yet and I'm starting to enjoy its unique feel over my old blade. Might be it's time to retire the old one for this fine little "gent".
Top Contributor: Campingon September 28, 2012
I received mine today. This is the third of the 'Buck' brand knives that I have owned over the (30) years.

My first impression; When folded, the edges are smooth, nothing rough. My second impression; I opened it up and proceeded to shave a patch of hair off of my arm. A clean smooth shave, I would expect nothing less from a Buck.

The knife appears to be stainless steel. On my uncalibrated postage scale, it weighs in at 1.3 ounces.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
Hard question. To the friends, with pocket knives; heck ya!

To friends who just do not care about knives, no.

This knife will now always be a part of my 'personal pocket stuff'.

Ken
on December 26, 2016
Have ended up using this over and over again. Nice smooth, easy, flow on opening and closing and no rough edges on the case to catch pockets. I was surprised that the "flag" design wasn't brighter. The white in the stripes is a grayed white, not a bright white, so if I could I'd knock off 1/2 a star for the graphics, otherwise it's a great buy.
on November 11, 2011
I carry a pocket knife at all times - except during flights when my 1" pocket knife is now considered a lethal weapon that will land me squarely in jail or will land my sweet little buck in the trash bin at the airport.

That aside, I also work in an office and have a large knife just isn't practical. This little Buck is of superior quality! Stays sharp, I've never ground it across a stone, I just hit it with a maintainer about once a month.

I have 2 of these (I thought I lost one and immediately ordered a replacement then was fortunate to find it had just landed in the laundry).

Be careful! Not all Bucks are made in the USA today and that's - for personal reasons - a big deciding factor for me. I really try to not consider foreign products when domestic are readily available.

This is stainless through and through. It's thin and uncomplicated (no grooves or fancy designs to collect gunk). It perfect every pocket knife need. Leave the leatherman in the car for emergencies, the swiss army stays with the camping gear, the razors stay in the toolbox...this is an ideal pocket knife.
One person found this helpful
on May 25, 2013
For years i carried a small Buck pocket knife, a tool I used so often the sides were worn smooth. I loved it because it was so light that it never wore holes in my pockets or caused my trousers to slide downwards. Then one day, doing something I shouldn't have been doing, I snapped the tip off the blade. Hence the search for and purchase of this knife. If anything, the new knife is even lighter, and the Buck quality is there, so I know it will take and hold an edge. I count this an excellent buy. But then Buck's products are always good!
on November 4, 2012
I have tried many, many pocket knives... and this little bugger is it - a bugger, not big, but sharp, extremely easy to carry around without even knowing it, and nice to always have on hand... I use it almost every day for something. I will be giving it this year as X-Mas gifts to my brother-in-laws, and I plan on giving it to every young relative who'd love to have a pocketknife... I know they will love it. I've bought two, and figure on buying more... why two? Sometimes they go through the wash, or go missing due to their size, and they've popped back again... I love this knife!
on May 28, 2013
Great little knife that I can carry without thinking about it. Very useful for the many small jobs like cutting open plastic packaging. I have other Buck knives for heavier jobs, including a 750 Redpoint and a 110 Hunting Knife. Each is just right for what it is. The Gent fits in a wallet and it about the thickness of 3 credit cards. You can forget you have it until you need it and it is always there, but it is for relatively light use. The Redpoint is great for easy one-handed moderate use. The 110 is perfect for serious heavy duty use.
3 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2015
I bought this as a replacement for an identical Buck knife that I kept in my pocket for 15 years before I lost it at airport security (my bad). I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. Compared to my first Buck Gent, the materials and workmanship are inferior. The finish on the handle is roughly brushed compared to the smoothly polished finish on my original knife and the edge on the blade is uneven. It looks like my old knife but it isn't the same knife. It is my opinion that, unless the quality of Buck products has severely gone downhill over the years, this is a counterfeit knockoff.
on February 4, 2015
I had one for over 20 years and it was taken by airport security. This one is a fine replacement and nearly identical. Blade metal is adequate and holds an edge as well as any consumer grade stainless I have ever used. Small enough you never know you are carrying it. But don't try to take it on the damn airplane.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.