Buck Knives 0853BRS SMALL SELKIRK Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Sheath
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- RAZOR SHARP BLADE - 4"" Drop Point 420HC Steel Blade delivers excellent strength, edge retention, and corrosion resistance. Overall Length 8-1/4" Weight 6.4 oz.
- SAFE AND SECURE - The contoured Micarta Handle with Steel Bolster provide a safe and secure grip while you work.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND VERSATILE - The small Selkirk is a great survival tool for outdoor situations, and a great all round knife for general use
- CONVENIENT CARRY - Includes an injection molded nylon sheath with removable and reversible belt loop
- FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Named after the rugged Selkirk Mountain range beginning in the Northern Panhandle of Idaho, the Selkirk is a midsized knife with added features to help maximize survival in rugged and tough conditions. In addition to the 420HC steel blade, the Selkirk features a Micarta handle with steel bolsters (rear bolster can be used as an improvised hammer), and a heavy duty belt sheath that can be configured for horizontal or vertical carry.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One important note: this is sized for people with smaller hands. I bought this for my wife as a gift. Her hands are small, and the handle is perfect for her. My hands are a little too large (I wear a size large glove) to hold this knife comfortably. Please consider that in making your purchase.
This is one of my favorite knives. Yes, it says “made in China”, it’s not counterfeit, that’s actually where it’s made for Buck. Yes, it’s not made in the USA.
What it is though, is nicely sized to carry all the time, not too big, not tiny. It fits well in my hand feels handy and nimble to work with. It came with a decent edge on it, and took a razor sharp edge when it was time for me to touch it up. I think the grind was a little uneven from the factory, but that’s not really surprising on any mass produced knife, especially at this price point.
I like the sheath. No strap to fuss with, not too hard to get out, not hard to resheath one handed. Overall though I am a fan of plastic sheaths and holsters, so if you just love old school leather, this might be an adjustment for you.
Ultimately, the most telling aspect of this knife is that after seeing mine, my dad went right out and bought one. And he is generally a die hard but American, that’s why I always buy Buck knives in the first place kind of guy. This knife overcame that in him.