Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 1, 2013
I catch and clean channel catfish more commonly than anything else and if you've ever cleaned one (or any catfish) you know how important it is to have a very sharp blade. I've used cheap Rapalla or Bass Pro brand knives until now and the difference is night and day. I wasn't too sure about having a folding filet knife just because I have always used a fixed blade and they are extremely sturdy with no give which is important. To my surprise I found I liked this design much more. The handle itself is a hard rubber that is no slip when wet. The grooves are also there for added grip, so it's not going anywhere if you have a good grip on it. Because it folds into the handle, the handle portion is equal to the length of the blade which makes it more balanced than a shorter handle that most fixed blades would have. This knife came to be extremely sharp and cut through some chicken like butter. I have since used it to clean about 4 channel cats and I couldn't be more happy. I haven't noticed any dulling on the blade whatsoever. Highly recommend this knife to any angler, or if you just want a new kitchen knife.
on August 6, 2017
Yes, it's made in China. But this is a well built heavy duty sharp fillet knife! I actually like it better than my Morakniv fillet knife!
on September 1, 2017
I was disappointed to see it was not made in the USA. Nice knife, not the sharpest I have purchased, thus the 4 stars.
on September 26, 2017
Very substantial fillet knife. Very sharp and very well made.
on November 24, 2015
My father in law is an avid fisher and my mother in
Law had stolen his filet knife for using in her kitchen because her knives are so old and cheap. This is sharp, and I love the folding ability. His old one did not fold and always made me nervous when he packed it away to use.
My mother in law was so impressed she teased she was going to steal this one as well.
He's used it and says it's a great sharp knife and its always the first he reaches for.
on July 21, 2017
outstanding knife for the money.
on April 16, 2017
Really heavy, but quality knife
on May 10, 2017
Very nice and very sharp
on September 3, 2017
Works great.
on January 18, 2015
Great blade, holds an edge well so far. Works great for filleting larger fish (3-8 lb Cutthroat Trout). I use it regularly for filleting and skinning. Because it Is a folder, the handle is a little long, but the ability to fold and drop in a pocket makes it worth it. The back lock feels nice and secure. The rubberized handle keeps it from becoming slippery.