Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on November 7, 2012
I went back and forth about purchasing this toy because it is simply a stuffed animal with ribbon and buckles yet it cost almost $18! However, I finally ordered it in preparation for my daughter's first airplane flight. She is obsessed with buckles on everything from her stroller to her diaper bag, so I though it would be a good choice. I opted for the 12" versus the 18" for size and price. Be aware that even the 12" monkey is LARGE. I do understand what 12" means, but be prepared for this to be a fully stuffed monkey - he is huge! He came in the mail and I even contemplated not bringing him on the trip because of his size. THANKFULLY, I decided to bring him because what he lacks in portability, he ABSOLUTELY makes up for in engagement. When I pulled him out of the carry on, my daughter was so excited and immediately went to work on the 3 buckle straps. She is only 18 months old, so I had to do the unbuckling (when she is older, she will definitely be able to do them herself), but the monkey bought us about 1.5 hours of occupied time (in 15ish minute increments) while we were waiting or flying. It really is a great product and the animal, straps and buckles themselves are very well-made and stitched well. If you are handy and know how to sew you can definitely make one yourself but if not, BUY HIM!
on April 25, 2013
I got this for my 16 month old daughter (now 18 months) because she loves all buckles in the house. She hates this toy and won't touch it. The buckle straps are too tight (no give) for her to get a grip around and buckle them. As an adult we understand that you use the tips of your fingers around the edges but a toddler has to use their whole hand.

Also, the buckles themselves are cheap and too difficult for my toddler to snap together at this point. She still prefers to use the high chair buckle and dog muzzle buckle which are easier to snap together.

Would not recommend wasting your money, although the monkey itself is cute and makes a good decoration.
on January 2, 2014
I don't know why but our 2 year old has been obsessed with buckles ever since she could walk! This is a really good toy for the car or when out to keep her occupied. The only problem is that she's not strong enough to unbuckle them so I'm constantly unbuckling so she can re-buckle which is not easy when your trying to drive and she's screaming for you to unbuckle so she can re-buckle! The quality is really nice though and she's had many hours of play out of this toy!
on October 6, 2013
My granddaughter is 20 months old. She does well buckling all of the buckles, but has to concentrate to be sure she has them lined up correctly and then into the slots evenly. She is not able to unbuckle them. It is takes a fair amount of strength to squeeze the bottom two buckles to open them. She doesn't get frustrated so I think this will be a favorite for a only while. Keeps her attention. Totally recommend this. Great for times when you want your child to be occupied and quiet.
on January 15, 2013
My toddler loves this toy, except she gets frustrated because the snaps are pretty hard to unclasp. I have to always be right with her when she is playing with this toy. I'm sure in time she will get it. The only drawback is that now she knows how to unbuckle her straps in her stroller and is starting to figure out the carseat buckle as well. It has a soothing bell inside the animal that she loves to shake. Interesting unique toy for small ones. I would buy it again as a gift.
on November 4, 2010
We leave BuckleyBoo in the car and he is a great entertainment to my almost two year old. I bought him as a special new toy before a three hour plane ride and he was a big hit. It was a little bigger than I had expected but it's a good size for the car. It took her awhile to figure out the buckles and she hasn't figured out how to unbuckle yet so she will play with the buckles for awhile and then hand it to us, "Fix, please!" we unbuckle, and the cycle repeats. We have had it for a few months now and she hasn't lost interest yet. It's a really cute toy, very soft, and the buckles seem durable.
on April 12, 2012
My 18 month old loves her BuckleyBoo. She was entertaining herself with the buckles on her high chair, but 3x the buckles is 3x the fun :) When we first got it she inserted the top buckle backwards and I couldn't get it back apart. I emailed BuckleyBoo customer service and they said to bend the buckle to pull it apart. The buckle doesn't actually bend, it just puts pressure on the inner piece in a way that lets you open it back up. Problem solved - let the buckling resume!
on November 28, 2011
A very cozy and fun toy bought for my then-16-month-old. He's been loving "Buckley" (as we call him) for the last two months, and he calls him "Opey" because he enjoys and requests help in opening ("opey") the buckles. The three buckles have different closures but are all fairly easy to open even for clumsy little fingers. The little bell inside makes a pleasant tinkle when he moves, and he's cozy but not too squishy. Haven't had to try to clean him yet; will update if and when we do.
on January 20, 2013
This is the second one of these I have purchased. This one was a gift for a friends' daughter. I can't say enough about them. They are durable, they are fun, they are soft and they have a gentle bell inside that chimes when they are wiggled. I love these things.
on February 27, 2014
My 2 year old is obsessed with fastening buckles. Her nickname is "Monkey" because she climbs on everything. I was ecstatic when I found this for her! She loves it and sleeps with it every night. She enjoys buckling the buckles but has a hard time getting them undone.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.