Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Buddy Lee Rope Master Jump Rope - Yellow
|Price:||$21.29 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed for Adults or Children
- Aesthetically Pleasing Design and Color
- Lightweight Swivel Bearing System
- 8 Inch Long Handles for Easy Execution
- Custom Sizing in Seconds For People up to 6'9" tall
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This rope is perfect for beginners because it makes jumping rope easier and safer. And it really motivates you. I have an Everlast rope and simply can't use it. It's too short for me. Moreover, the rope doesn't feel right. But with the Buddy Lee Rope Master Jump rope I am actually learning to jump rope and enjoy it. I can make the rope just the right length for me. And I can adjust it so the swivel is comfortable. It makes jumping fun and easy.
It is designed with an advanced swivel bearing system for high intensity jump rope training and makes jumping easy, effortless and fun. The 9" long handles are designed for both children and adults for easy execution of basic and advanced jumping skills for the serious adult or youth athlete/fitness buff. I especially like the feel of the light weight handles. They're long and easy to control. The rope swivels easily so you don't have to move your arms and hands much.
I do the P.A.C.E and 4-3-2-1 fitness workouts and find the jump rope perfect for the cardio portion. I'll tell you something else, there not a better workout than rope jumping --- at any age or any fitness level. When you do cardio, you need to get your heart rate up and really start breathing hard. Otherwise, you're not making your heart and lungs stronger. Nothing does that better and faster than jumping rope. And this rope is just about the best investment in your health you can make.
- Susanna K. Hutcheson
Let me begin with the good:
1. The rope is fast and the bearing mechanisms at the end of the plastic handles are clever and work well (with a little lubricant as the squeaked when I received it). Unfortunately that is where the good ends.
1. The bearing mechanism at the end of the handles were not smooth until I lubricated them, then they moved much quicker and smoother.
2. The plastic handles are ridiculously fragile and you have to be very careful about attaching the bearing tips to each handle or you will crack the handle which are literally egg shell fragile. When I received the rope the bearing ends would get loose every time I used the rope so I had to constantly hand tighten each end until I got home to use the little wrench which was provided. I gently snugged each end down and I mean gently. I was careful not to over-tighten as there is a little washer which helps provide a lock against the nut that is embedded into the plastic handle. That area eventually cracked anyway, very poor engineering and poor quality plastic.
3. The foam padding is too short and slides around on each handle.
4. The PVC rope cord broke in no time and the cost to purchase a lousy piece of cord for this rope is $9.95 plus shipping. Are you kidding me? If you look around you can find alternative replacement cords for a fraction of the cost.
5. Inserting the cord end into the bearing ends and screwing each end into place takes strong fingers and patience. Be careful you don't develop carpal tunnel from the difficulty.
Overall evaluation: Look around and find a better choice for a rope than this. I do not recommend this rope as it is too fragile and has no longevity.
|Length: 6:31 Mins|
The rope has excellent if not the best bearings I have ever had for a jump rope. The handles are quite strong contrary to what other reviews have said. I do crossfit 4-5x per week, and I have not seen a single crack in the handles after numerous drops of the handles. That being said, I wouldn't go try to nail something into the wall with them. The rope is also a good length and can be adjusted. Being 6'3, it was perfect for me.
Now the cons:
First as many have written already, the rope and handles are quite light. This might not be a con for some, but someone as myself who has usually used heavier ropes, it was def. new to me. I'm sure, I could find some small BBs to put in the handle to add weight (water or sand wouldn't work because that might mess with the bearings)
The main reason though that I dropped it from 5 to 3 stars is the rope itself. It is a thin, PVC tubing that when arrives has the awkward folds in it from sitting folded for quite some time. It also is quite light, and I have already developed some decent sized nicks in it after just 2 weeks of use. To get the awkward bends out of it, I hang it up in the middle over a pullup bar every time I finish my workout. What I may do is when the PVC tubing breaks, because it definitely will in a few months, is buy a metal cable like the old school crossfit ropes and attach it instead.
Hope this was helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this rope, it's great for all around use. Jumping rope has become big with crossfitters, and they want the fastest ropes because they are big on double unders. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Trevor Luxon
Jumped on the bandwagon and tried this rope out. I much prefer a proper cable speed rope, as this one doesn't spin as fast due to the plastic rope. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Kevin M Bania
Great jump rope. Aerodynamic and easily adjustable. Great investment.Published 2 months ago by Jazzy Raz
I bought it in 2011 and it worked great but i dropped it like 6 month ago and i stepped on it and one of the handles broke, and i can't use it any more, i can't complain since i... Read morePublished 5 months ago by guillermo reina
I ordered the yellow and grey handle jump rope and received the one with red and black handles.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer