- USB Powered
Buffalo MiniStation Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PNT1.0U3BB
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High Performance USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 supports backward compatible with USB 2.0
- 256-bit hardware encryption available
- Compact and lightweight shock proof chassis
- Includes Buffalo Tools utility suite
- Preformatted hard drive
- Time Machine compatibility
- Eco minded power management
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
MiniStation™ Plus offers high performance USB 3.0 portable storage in a compact and lightweight shock proof chassis. With USB 3.0 support and backward compatibility with USB 2.0, it works with nearly any PC or Mac®, providing interface speeds up to 5 Gbps*. MiniStation Plus occupies minimal space and it's USB powered so there are no additional cables to manage and no need for a separate power source; simply plug it into any available USB port on your computer and instantly add capacity or store files to take on the road. With available 256-bit AES hardware encryption, you can easily protect your data from unwanted access by simply assigning a password. Included with MiniStation Plus is Buffalo's multipurpose Buffalo Tools utility suite designed to enhance Windows® PC performance and user experience, including TurboPC for 3X faster transfers. Store, back up and transport your content with SuperSpeed plug and play connectivity.
Compact and Convenient
Designed for mobility, MiniStation Plus occupies minimal space and offers USB 3.0 powered mobile storage for your data and for your on-the-go lifestyle. MiniStation Plus is bus powered and it works with PC and Mac, so you can access your files from whichever computer you are on, even while on the move.
Shock Proof Chassis
Shock protection elements surround the hard drive, protecting it from accidental bumps and drops. Transport your content without worry of damage.
Available Hardware Encryption
Optional 256-bit AES Full Disk Encryption (FDE) protects your data from unauthorized access. Simply assign a password to the hard drive at setup and your data is shielded from wandering eyes.
USB 2.0 Compatibility
MiniStation Plus is fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 enabled desktop computers and notebooks. Simply plug the cable into the USB 2.0 port and you are connected � no additional hardware or cables are required.
Utilizing the high speed RAM of your Windows PC, TurboPC can increase file transfer rates by up to 3X over competing USB 2.0 portable hard drives. TurboPC also includes TurboCopy which draws on additional system adjustments to increase performance substantially.
Backup and Manage Your Files with Buffalo Tools!
Buffalo Tools is a feature-rich suite of optional software included on many Buffalo DriveStation and MiniStation storage products. Any or all of the following components of Buffalo Tools may be installed on Windows PCs.
- Buffalo's Backup Utility: An easy-to-use and fully featured backup software for Windows PCs that can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive.
- ECO Manager: Energy efficiency tool conserves energy and reduces battery consumption by regulating the power usage of the hard drive, cutting power to the drive during extended periods of inactivity.
- RAMDISK: A simple utility that allows you to create a RAM disk on your Windows PC, creating a small, but extremely fast environment to work on files in.
- SecureLock: Windows software that provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption.
Other Key Features and Benefits:
- Support for legacy USB 2.0 and SuperSpeed 3.0
- Shock protection elements surround the hard drive, protecting it from damage
- Super slim, lightweight chassis saves space for ultimate portability with a stylish, sophisticated design
- Preformatted hard drive is ready for immediate use with Windows and Mac
- Optional 256-bit AES Full Disk Encryption (FDE) protects your data from unauthorized access
- Works with PC and Mac so you can connect to your computer for additional storage or backup of your music, photo, video and data files
- USB Powered makes it a perfect companion for your laptop or netbook - no external power supply needed
- Enhance the overall performance of your PC and increase file transfer rates up to 3X over USB 2.0 hard drives with TurboPC
- Eco minded power management tool regulates power usage, conserving energy and reducing battery consumption
- Buffalo's Backup Utility for automatic backup of your Windows PCs and Time Machine® support for continuous backup of your Mac computers
- Works perfectly with Time Machine to back up your Mac computer
The MiniStation Plus Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive HD-PNTU3 is backed by a two-year limited warranty and lifetime 24/7 US based technical support.
What's in the BoxMiniStation Plus Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive HD-PNTU3, USB 3.0 Cable, Quick Setup Guide, and Warranty Statement
* 5 Gbps is the maximum interface rate derived from the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending upon environmental factors.
Which Portable Hard Drive is Right for You?
|Key Features and Benefits||MiniStation Stealth HD-PCTU2||MiniStation Metro HD-PXTU2||MiniStation Stealth HD-PCTU3 USB 3.0||Currently Viewing |
MiniStation Plus HD-PNTU3 USB 3.0
|SuperSpeed USB 3.0|
|Integrated USB Cable Management|
|Shock Absorption Technology|
|Hardware Encryption Security|
|Software Encryption Security|
|Buffalo Tools Suite Included|
|TurboPC Performance Booster|
Expand Your Data Capacity and Connectivity with Buffalo Storage and Networking Solutions
|Buffalo LinkStation Shared Storage||Buffalo AirStation Wireless Routers||Buffalo DriveStation Desktop Hard Drives||Buffalo MiniStation Portable Hard Drives|
|Share files, back up all computers to one central location, and access your data over the Internet quickly and securely. With Buffalo Network Attached Storage (NAS), you can store, access, and share your files from all computers on your network.||Configuring your wireless network is quick and easy with Buffalo's push-button setup or our simple web interface. Boost your wireless connectivity, increase range, signal strength and speed with our wide selection of wireless routers and accessories.||Whether you need additional storage or a backup location, we have a solution for you. Buffalo's desktop hard drives are available in a variety of size and drive configurations. Find the desktop hard drive that suits your needs best.||Portable external hard drives make it easy to transport your files. Buffalo's line of portable hard drives offer a reliable and compact, sleek solution to back up and store your files. Choose your capacity and color and you'll be on your way.|
Top Customer Reviews
I wanted an external drive to meet the following requirements
- Backup both a mac and pc
- no backup software that i had to use
- usb 3.0 cause my desktop pc has a usb 3.0 motherboard to take advantage of this
Nice to have
- look good
- small in size
At first I was a little worried cause I thought that it was only going to end up working with only one or the other (mac or pc). Looked on the internet but didn't find any help, but no matter I just went with what I thought would work. In Windows I went to disk management and shrunk the drive in half, then formatted it in exFAT. Then I plugged it into my mac (with os x lion) and immediately it asked it I wanted to use one ) or both of the partitions for Time Machine. I said yes to one of the partitions and it started running a backup right away.
So very happy it worked just as I wanted
Amazon customer service was more tuned to the needs of its customers, and they overnighted me a hot replacement unit, which I had early the next afternoon. Without installing any of the Buffalo software, I ran a number of tests, including 50+ GB verified backups, and transfers (with SHA512 checksums) of large sets of files. The drive worked flawlessly, was very quiet, and ran at about 200 Mbps on a USB 2 interface. Then I enabled hardware encryption as before, and the drive became an instant brick. Can't format it, and most partition block repair software just hangs when the drive gets plugged in. Again, a call to Technical Support at Buffalo yielded little help, but some information. Seems the support guy had heard of something like this and asked around among his colleagues, but nobody had any concrete data. So, I am again stuck with taking responsibility for correcting a problem not of my manufacture.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm still using this HD and it's working greatly
I've tried it to transfer files via usb 2.0 and 3. Read more
Been using this for over a year to backup my photos and then store them in a safety deposit box. It was very easy to set up with my MacBook, the software is good, and the download... Read morePublished on November 19, 2013 by B. G. Snyder
Works fine. It's easy to use and seems to do a fine job. I would recommend it if you need extra storage.Published on November 9, 2013 by P. Price
Ever since I got this drive it works for a while then just disappears from computer or router or whatever it's plugged into. Tried re-formatting etc. but still does same thing.Published on April 7, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I bought 2 of those, trying to make them my back-up. I had all my stuff on one of them when it crushed. It will cost me 1500 to restore it. Major disappointment.Published on February 8, 2013 by Sergey
Muy buen complemento para asegurar la información personal, adicional a esto trae un software para agilizar y optimizar la descarga de archivosPublished on February 1, 2013 by Amazon Customer
I had this for about a year not and so far it has been working perfect. I have it partitioned and am running my Mac on one and my PC on the other.Published on January 19, 2013 by Thephile
Worked out of the box and then just died with no warning. Purchased in May 2012 so barely lasted 8 months. Unrecognized on XP and Win7 with error "This device cannot start. Read morePublished on January 14, 2013 by AmazonSince1997
I use this guy everyday for my ever-increasing computer data files and it's been trucking along really well for a year now. No complaints, and fine design. I recommend it.Published on January 12, 2013 by Cananboy