Buffalo MiniStation Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PNT1.0U3B
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High Performance USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 supports backward compatible with USB 2.0
- 256-bit hardware encryption available
- Compact and lightweight shock proof chassis
- Includes Buffalo Tools utility suite
- Eco minded power management
- Preformatted hard drive
- Time Machine compatibility
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MiniStation Plus offers high performance USB 3.0 portable storage in a compact and lightweight shock proof chassis. With USB 3.0 support and backward compatibility with USB 2.0, it works with nearly any PC or Mac, providing interface speeds up to 5 Gbps. MiniStation Plus occupies minimal space and it's USB powered so there are no additional cables to manage and no need for a separate power source; simply plug it into any available USB port on your computer and instantly add capacity or store files to take on the road. With available 256-bit AES hardware encryption, you can easily protect your data from unwanted access by simply assigning a password. Included with MiniStation Plus is Buffalo's multipurpose Buffalo Tools utility suite designed to enhance Windows PC performance and user experience, including TurboPC for 3X faster transfers. Store, back up and transport your content with SuperSpeed plug and play connectivity.
From the Manufacturer
MiniStation™ Plus offers high performance USB 3.0 portable storage in a compact and lightweight shock proof chassis. With USB 3.0 support and backward compatibility with USB 2.0, it works with nearly any PC or Mac®, providing interface speeds up to 5 Gbps*. MiniStation Plus occupies minimal space and it's USB powered so there are no additional cables to manage and no need for a separate power source; simply plug it into any available USB port on your computer and instantly add capacity or store files to take on the road. With available 256-bit AES hardware encryption, you can easily protect your data from unwanted access by simply assigning a password. Included with MiniStation Plus is Buffalo's multipurpose Buffalo Tools utility suite designed to enhance Windows® PC performance and user experience, including TurboPC for 3X faster transfers. Store, back up and transport your content with SuperSpeed plug and play connectivity.
Compact and Convenient
Designed for mobility, MiniStation Plus occupies minimal space and offers USB 3.0 powered mobile storage for your data and for your on-the-go lifestyle. MiniStation Plus is bus powered and it works with PC and Mac, so you can access your files from whichever computer you are on, even while on the move.
Shock Proof Chassis
Shock protection elements surround the hard drive, protecting it from accidental bumps and drops. Transport your content without worry of damage.
Available Hardware Encryption
Optional 256-bit AES Full Disk Encryption (FDE) protects your data from unauthorized access. Simply assign a password to the hard drive at setup and your data is shielded from wandering eyes.
USB 2.0 Compatibility
MiniStation Plus is fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 enabled desktop computers and notebooks. Simply plug the cable into the USB 2.0 port and you are connected � no additional hardware or cables are required.
Utilizing the high speed RAM of your Windows PC, TurboPC can increase file transfer rates by up to 3X over competing USB 2.0 portable hard drives. TurboPC also includes TurboCopy which draws on additional system adjustments to increase performance substantially.
Backup and Manage Your Files with Buffalo Tools!
Buffalo Tools is a feature-rich suite of optional software included on many Buffalo DriveStation and MiniStation storage products. Any or all of the following components of Buffalo Tools may be installed on Windows PCs.
- Buffalo's Backup Utility: An easy-to-use and fully featured backup software for Windows PCs that can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive.
- ECO Manager: Energy efficiency tool conserves energy and reduces battery consumption by regulating the power usage of the hard drive, cutting power to the drive during extended periods of inactivity.
- RAMDISK: A simple utility that allows you to create a RAM disk on your Windows PC, creating a small, but extremely fast environment to work on files in.
- SecureLock: Windows software that provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption.
Other Key Features and Benefits:
- Support for legacy USB 2.0 and SuperSpeed 3.0
- Shock protection elements surround the hard drive, protecting it from damage
- Super slim, lightweight chassis saves space for ultimate portability with a stylish, sophisticated design
- Preformatted hard drive is ready for immediate use with Windows and Mac
- Optional 256-bit AES Full Disk Encryption (FDE) protects your data from unauthorized access
- Works with PC and Mac so you can connect to your computer for additional storage or backup of your music, photo, video and data files
- USB Powered makes it a perfect companion for your laptop or netbook - no external power supply needed
- Enhance the overall performance of your PC and increase file transfer rates up to 3X over USB 2.0 hard drives with TurboPC
- Eco minded power management tool regulates power usage, conserving energy and reducing battery consumption
- Buffalo's Backup Utility for automatic backup of your Windows PCs and Time Machine® support for continuous backup of your Mac computers
- Works perfectly with Time Machine to back up your Mac computer
The MiniStation Plus Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive HD-PNTU3 is backed by a two-year limited warranty and lifetime 24/7 US based technical support.
What's in the BoxMiniStation Plus Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive HD-PNTU3, USB 3.0 Cable, Quick Setup Guide, and Warranty Statement
* 5 Gbps is the maximum interface rate derived from the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending upon environmental factors.
Which Portable Hard Drive is Right for You?
|Key Features and Benefits||MiniStation Stealth HD-PCTU2||MiniStation Metro HD-PXTU2||MiniStation Stealth HD-PCTU3 USB 3.0||Currently Viewing |
MiniStation Plus HD-PNTU3 USB 3.0
|SuperSpeed USB 3.0|
|Integrated USB Cable Management|
|Shock Absorption Technology|
|Hardware Encryption Security|
|Software Encryption Security|
|Buffalo Tools Suite Included|
|TurboPC Performance Booster|
Legal DisclaimerNO RETURNS , WILL COME WITH PACKING SLIP AND HAS FULL WARRANTY FROM MANUFACTURER...
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
See how. Read my review of USB splitter cable required: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZUJI97LRHN4I/
This drive was hard to pass up at a sale price of $70. Let's hope it proves reliable.
Since I plan to use this drive only for large video and audio files, I immediately reformatted to NTFS at a higher 64KB allocation size. This decreases speeds for small files (I don't care) but should improve speeds for large files.
See my Crystal Disk Mark testing image above - for larger files both read and write tested at 83MB per second. This is a much better write speed than most USB 3.0 flash drives and still a good but unexceptional read speed.
Do note that this is USB bus-powered only. There is no option for an external power plug.
I knocked off one star because it could not serve as a replacement for USB flash drive media when connected to my Google Nexus 7 tablet nor to my NBOX N82 media player (both work fine with USB flash drives). The Buffalo hard drive probably draws too much power and, in fairness, most USB hard drives also draw too much power to work. There are a few smaller USB 2.0 drives that did work, however, presumably because they needed less USB power.
At $70 this small hard drive was a bargain. Too bad it could not also work with my tablet and media player.
Drive is performing just fine, no problems at all (no clicking noises either) after 8 months of use. Same usage pattern as described below in my original review.
I've been using the BB model for four months now. Surprised to see that already a newer model is available with only one "B" in the model name. It's been a very quiet, fast back up drive for me for almost daily backups of my Macbook Pro. I notice several reviews that claim the drive failed after five months so I'll update my review when the time comes in about 30 days or thereafter. All I do is plug it in at the end of the day, run the Time Machine backup, unplug it again and put it away. It doesn't travel but it could because it's very light. It just doesn't feel rugged so I still use an older 640 GB Samsung drive as my offsite backup drive. All in all for the Buffalo drive, so far so good.
I've read some bad reviews on this item which has helped me keep my head out of the clouds. I realize I need to back everything up (what a nightmare backing up your drive is when I'm adding images daily to back up the back up means I have no time left in my life to even shower)(weren't computers made to make our lives easier????) Okay, no more rambling. So, my 1 TB portable drive I bought from buffalo is full so I just bought this one. I also picked up the case that the drive fits nicely in. The case is really cool and I recommend getting one. This Hard Drive is a great price, it is very durable, and very fast. I will be buying this brand until my experience changes.
Now, I have had over 12 different hard drives and many of them have had weird issues like not showing up on my desktop (learned to make sure you use the correct cord for the correct drive and don't switch them around even if they are the correct settings), running to hot, making noise, items disappearing then re-appearing, and complete failures aka crashes. I've not had one of those issues with the Buffalo drive. I'm sure there are some duds because that is what happens with electronics. However, if you get a good one it's really going to work well for you.